BOINC

From what I can tell, the work units are actually NCI (non-CPU intensive) so should be able to run alongside other work units. I'm still seeing an occasional download error on each system but otherwise it seems to be running ok. I have the feeling it requires .NET Framework 4.5 as a few VM's (Windows XP) I had were just constantly erroring out until it was installed. I don't see anything posted on the project or the forums if anyone wants to test this theory...

Looks like you ramped up production today... Are you running it in a bunch of VM's, since it is NCI?

It seems my WU's are now validating most of the time now. A couple weeks ago I was getting constant errored WU's. I think they fixed something on the server side.

Actually it takes a while to ramp up RAC. I've been adding it to each machine as I get time and I did have a few VM's going but those aren't always on. Those typically are sitting and waiting for WCG to release the random BETA's.

Maybe we broke the project. The site hasn't been up all day and upload server wasn't up yesterday either.

Yeah it is.

Also, just added GoofyxGrid@home to the list. I think it is Linux only right now and is possibly a NCI app or will be. I haven't added it to my VM yet to test but will here shortly.

Also, if you create an account, you may want to add a Linux host or hope they get the Windows app going because they plan on deleting all the accounts with 0 credits in ~1 week.

I can confirm that the work unit is claiming to be NCI which is nice. So, hopefully the Windows app gets finished soon as that is what the majority of my VM's typically are.

Last edited:
If you want any Windows work from GoofyxGrid@home, make sure to tick the run test apps option in your preferences at the website. They are testing the Windows app now.

They have been talking about a CPU intensive app as well for a while, but I've not seen anything dabbled with yet. So far, 2 NCI apps from them.

And if you haven't already, add WUProp too

Last edited:
Just wrapped up my 1 million point goal at TN-Grid. Now to wrap up vLHC@home

I hit 2 billion points today for my BOINC Combined total score. :cool:

combusercumul.php

userprojboincperc.php

combuserdaily.php

Last edited:
1 million points on Gridcoin Finance. My support there will be dwindling now as the admin is pretty worthless and the project has not had any of the issues addressed.

1. They hardcoded the data directory instead of honoring where you told BOINC to put them.
2. The work units aren't always NCI and will sometimes take the entire core.
3. I've seen the project use up large amounts of HDD space. So far it has gotten to 25GB a few times.

I hit 1 million points in Universe this week. That makes 28 projects with 1 million+ points. Working on LHC@Home next.

I hit 1 million points for Gridcoin yesterday, making it my 29th project with 1 million points. I am a couple of days away from 25K hours for this project at WUProp, so I am going let it keep going until then. Once I hit 25K hours, I am planning to remove Gridcoin from all of my machines, for the reasons cited by Gilthanis.

I hate to say it, but it is that time of year again when I must shut down my GPU's. I currently have only my integrated Intel GPU's processing work. There goes my RAC...

I am planning to fire all of them back up for the Pentathlon, though!

Sounds to me like it is time for you to move somewhere like northern Alaska where you could utilize that heat better. ;) Anyways, I'm having to cut back too, so it may be good for the rigs to have some well earned vacation.

Looks like BMG@home has already closed up. Site is down and BOINCStats has already retired it without a thread mentioning it.

Looks like BMG@home has already closed up. Site is down and BOINCStats has already retired it without a thread mentioning it.

Oh, wow. That project had tons of issues anyway, mostly due to the long WU's that never showed the correct time remaining and very slow (or non-existent) work validation.

I just hit 1 million points at WEP-M+2. Glad to have that project behind me...

Well..that is...not including the points from the test account from BU...lol otherwise I would be approaching the 2 Billion point club. :pompous:

Just noticed I reached 1B overall points a while ago, too.

Damn, I'm 6th on the team overall now also!

edit again
I'm 6th in F@H still also. Lucky number 6!

Thanks for the welcome. I have folded before but this was the first time trying out Boinc. Working my way back into it after upgrading and having a 920 with a GTX 760 just collecting dust for almost a year.

Yeah, dust is not good ... keep the fan spinning for dust removal and the house get warm too.

By the way: did you create a new forum ID or are you different from the skylaar I found ?

Back