• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Board keeps losing overclocked settings, help needed

AshleyG

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
272
I'm running a Q9300 / Gigabyte EP35-DS3P setup with 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR2-800 RAM. I have been trying to do some mild overclocking to get a little more performance out of the combo, but the system can't seem to keep hold of the settings.

I can get the board set to 7.5x400 and it will stay with those parameters for a few days, then I will boot up and the machine will halfway power up, turn itself off, then turn itself back on with the basic settings.

I have run Prime95 25.2 for several hours with this overclock and had no errors (yes, I made sure to turn on rounding checking). The drop-back to default values seems to be a random occurrence.

Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated; my full rig is listed below.

Gigabyte EP-DS3P F5, Q9300 (Thermaltake TMGi1), 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR2-800, Radeon 4870, MaxLineIII 250GB, Hitachi 7k250 250GB, Pioneer SATA DVD. Corsair HX620 PSU
 
You didnt mention it so I have to assume the voltages are set to auto.

Give the MCH +.1
Set the memory voltage to 2.0v.

See if that helps, if not try MCH +.2 and memory 2.1V (only if it is XMS memory which is warrantied up to 2.1V, I would not go higher)
 
Please disable the Legacy USB Storage Detect function in the BIOS, if you have an external HDD, then unplug it. The problem described by you I saw many times in this Gigabyte P35-DS3L thread, sometimes disabling that option in the BIOS is the solution. ;)
 
yeah my ext drive kept clearing my OC in bios. Took me awhile to figure it out. was a few mobos though :p
 
Hi,
may sound daft however it could be something as simple as needing a replacement motherboard battery it happened to me and a replacement battery sorted it out as the knackered battery was unable to save any new settings and reverted back to stock everytime i tried to overclock and save my settings!!!
 
Back
Top