Board games/card games discussion?

Other fun games I play besides Netrunner and Eclipse:
<snip>
The Resistance
<snip>

I'll have to check the Will Wheaton video on The Resistance. Was a [H] SS gift I haven't tried yet and I'm hosting a party tomorrow.

I'll have to check the Will Wheaton video on The Resistance. Was a [H] SS gift I haven't tried yet and I'm hosting a party tomorrow.

Only thing to note is that you need 5 players minimum for The Resistance.

So, I just sat down with my roommate to play our first three games. He won all three, and I didn't enjoy one second of it.

Seemed like no matter what side I played as, I just kept drawing useless cards, and at no point was ever able to do anything helpful. I got destroyed all three times. Not too happy.

I'm not quitting, but JFC, that wasn't at all fun.

What game...Netrunner? A know that a lot of new people can end up interpreting rules wrong in places and as a result the game ends up being skewed one way out the other. For initial games I would not recommend Jinteki as the rulebook suggests for the starting Corp, but rather HB or Weyland. Shaper is good as the runner.

There are some tutorial videos on YouTube that can be very helpful as well.

What game...Netrunner? A know that a lot of new people can end up interpreting rules wrong in places and as a result the game ends up being skewed one way out the other. For initial games I would not recommend Jinteki as the rulebook suggests for the starting Corp, but rather HB or Weyland. Shaper is good as the runner.

There are some tutorial videos on YouTube that can be very helpful as well.

Oops, yeah Netrunner.

Yeah, definitely was playing as Jinteki and hated it. Gonna watch some more tutorials, although I feel like I've got a pretty decent handle on the rules (even though for my first, and half of my second game as the corporation, I forgot to draw a card at the beginning of my turn).

If you have any specific rules questions, shoot me a PM. BGG is a good resource as well. If you have a question, someone's probably asked and answered it there.

Back