• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Blue Screen from hardware issues

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
4,017
I plug in USB flash card reader and I get a blue screen, happened twice in a row even after a reboot... same USB port.

I used the port under it, no problems.

Could it be the Mobo or case shorting out the mobo? I figure if it's the reader it would do it on the other ports too and/or not work or fry the memory card... all of which work fine.

I have never seen this before, but I don't think it's WIndows this time :confused:
 
Connect a different USB device to that "suspect" USB port.

Also what motherboard?
 
1st time ever I purchased a cheap motherboard, ASROCK B85M-ITX LGA1150

Tried a jump drive, it didn't have any issues. Tried to charge my GoPro, no issues.


Looks like it was the card-reader after-all... chucked that in the trash.

This is the 2nd Anker USB product I've had screw-up. 2 failures out of about 8 devices, a bit high for my liking :(
 
Back
Top