BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

third boss was bit more challenging...still killed it in first try tho..

i ended up in a coop with two others, we took her out like nothing.
:p

lvl 22 Military with axe

to further note, should i just keep upgrading(fortify) my original weapon? or will this backfire on me?

i ended up in a coop with two others, we took her out like nothing.
:p

lvl 22 Military with axe

to further note, should i just keep upgrading(fortify) my original weapon? or will this backfire on me?

apparently i skipped third boss... so that was actually 4th boss that i killed...
just killed 3rd boss and yea she was easy even for solo

what the fuck. I was at 20 insight, didnt use it for anything, now im at 14?????

Didn't realize cleric beast was the first boss. I beat father gascione or whatever last night in my first two hours playing. Cleric beast will be cake walk.

Has anyone had luck co oping with a friend?

My buddy and I went to exact same spot and rang the bell with a unique password, after 15 minutes we gave up because nothing happened.

However, coop in general seems to work just fine. If I leave password blank, people join in the matter of moments.

Has anyone had luck co oping with a friend?

My buddy and I went to exact same spot and rang the bell with a unique password, after 15 minutes we gave up because nothing happened.

However, coop in general seems to work just fine. If I leave password blank, people join in the matter of moments.

Not sure if you know, but you need an item from one of the baths that unlocks a little later in the game. the default bell is only for looking for help.

there are two more, invading, and helping someone else.

so you might've been both "looking", instead of one looking for help and one offering help.

Didn't realize cleric beast was the first boss. I beat father gascione or whatever last night in my first two hours playing. Cleric beast will be cake walk.

I actually found the cleric beast harder than Gascione. The shitty camera angles and framerate made it harder I thought.

Sounds to me, you're all flying through this game with ease, as if it was too easy.... hmmm

lol, and what if you didn't have Molotovs at your disposal? :/

Farm echos to buy them?

or do what i did. Dual wield a long weapon, go to where there are solid graves and face him directly.

As with all monsters in the game he will run directly to you (and will still try to attack, so be a little careful). he'll get stuck on the tombstones and you can just whack him from afar.

utilizing the geometry is VERY VERY handy in this game, for multiple enemies and multiple bosses.

My last death in the game was like 12 hours ago some idiot was shooting at me with a Cannon on top of a Large Building.
I could dodge the fire just fine then a NPC that looked like me hit me twice or so and I died.

has any1 figure out how to get more fire/bolt papers?

it unlocks in the shop after some time.

it is rather expensive though! I didn't know when i used mine...

and another note: the shop price increases if you level up or kill a lot of bosses (I don't know which, maybe both?)

im currently level 61, up to Rom

it unlocks in the shop after some time.

it is rather expensive though! I didn't know when i used mine...

and another note: the shop price increases if you level up or kill a lot of bosses (I don't know which, maybe both?)

im currently level 61, up to Rom

i'm at rom as well

lol lv61 im lvl 45

started up the game a few hours ago...great atmosphere and setting...hardest part for me is getting accustomed to the controller vs KB/M...the developers really don't want you to play defensive at all...it's all about offense all the time...takes some getting used to as far as not having a shield...I haven't even reached the 1st boss yet but the enemies don't seem all that tough so far...those health viles and bullets are also in abundance everywhere which makes you take more risks

graphics aren't PC quality but it's impressive for a console...5.1 audio is top notch

Just got the saw spear, so much better then the threaded cane.

Anyone else absolutely love the clothing/armor in this game? The victorian style clothing is just so well done. I'd love to see clothing like this in more games (especially rpg type games) rather then the usual leather/chain/plate and robes on top of robes for mages. Give me these awesome looking jackets, coats, hats and cloaks any day.

btw would be interested to see others characters.

Here's mine:
q4P7QDp.jpg

started up the game a few hours ago...great atmosphere and setting...hardest part for me is getting accustomed to the controller vs KB/M...the developers really don't want you to play defensive at all...it's all about offense all the time...takes some getting used to as far as not having a shield...I haven't even reached the 1st boss yet but the enemies don't seem all that tough so far...those health viles and bullets are also in abundance everywhere which makes you take more risks

graphics aren't PC quality but it's impressive for a console...5.1 audio is top notch

Run to the first Boss and Die so you can level up =) Otherwise you can't level up till you reach him.....
The Doll won't talk to you if you don't reach him thus I wasted a good 4 hours doing nothing but dying at level one.

So, I'm a little ways in (cleared the first boss and have explored most that area) and am thinking I might start over. I chose the Axe and pistol and while nice...I kinda think the 2-handed function sucks. It gives you a bit more reach, but it does minimal more damage. The pistol generally just sucks at stunning. Plus, a lot of reviews are saying the sawblade is a great weapon to rock for nearly the whole game with upgrades. Is it worth starting over or is there some way for me to ever get those weapons instead?
Since I know what I'm doing, I could get back here in a couple hours.

I think the Cleaver which you can adjust at sizes from short to long is the best Weapon there isn't many in the game from what I'm reading hell there might be though I have my Cleaver at +2 with a Blood stone Gem but you can extend it for a swoop.

I would choose the Blunderbust over the pistol but the pistol might have more range later on when the Bath in the starting area opens up you can buy a "Dual shot pistol "but you need like 8 special or something to use it. Costs like 3,000

I thought I was going to get a Giant Sword when I bought the Kirkhammer boy was I wrong.

So, I'm a little ways in (cleared the first boss and have explored most that area) and am thinking I might start over. I chose the Axe and pistol and while nice...I kinda think the 2-handed function sucks. It gives you a bit more reach, but it does minimal more damage. The pistol generally just sucks at stunning. Plus, a lot of reviews are saying the sawblade is a great weapon to rock for nearly the whole game with upgrades. Is it worth starting over or is there some way for me to ever get those weapons instead?

You can buy all the starting weapons at some point for very cheap. I went with the axe and had a fantastic time with it.

you can buy them shortly in the game from the bath messengers.

Ah - nice! Not that it would take all that long to start over, but I'd rather not and I do want the blunderbuss.
The pistol kinda sucks. I like the moveset of the 2-handed axe, but I'm still puzzled by the lack of normal damage. It's charge attack is great, but the normal moveset does no more damage than 1-handing it.

yea range isn't really issue in this game...
i'm using stake driver (+6 with 3 x phy attack up gem) which one has really short range..
you step in to attack and usually stay really close to enemies you fight

Can't wait to tackle it again tonight. Need to beat my 4th boss and then move on. Hunters Axe is pretty good at +4. Repeater is okay, too bad it takes up 2 bullets per shot.

Run to the first Boss and Die so you can level up =) Otherwise you can't level up till you reach him....

is that what you're supposed to do in that 1st area?...I'm fighting all the enemies...they aren't that tough 1v1 but when they gang up on you they can be...there were some tougher enemies (1 with what looked like steel armor plating on his body) but I just used Molotov Cocktails to kill him

I'm honestly fighting the controls versus anything else...I knew it would take me some time to get used to a controller but having that right button act as a mouse (camera movement) is hard for me to adjust to...every other button I've gotten used to and feels fine but having a separate buttons for camera movement and attacks doesn't feel natural to me

that's why I'm taking it extra slow so I can practice...the fact that they made parrying, rolling, dodging so important also takes some getting used to for me...with the Souls games I almost never used those moves and instead relied on my shield so Bloodborne is kicking my ass in unexpected ways

my current build is Military Veteran with the Threaded Cane and Blunderbuss...I like the Cane's wide reaching secondary trick weapon...has a nice long range which takes out those large hoards easily

Back