Blog Tags - how vague/precise should I be?

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
I decided to start a Wordpress blog, it's a personal review site for Asian films. I pretty much have all the categories worked out to sort by year, director, country, actor and genre. My question is how should I go about tagging? Should I be redundant and add the director/actor in the tags as well? Should I be vague and add tags like 'Japanese', 'cinema', 'movie' to every review that I post along with the title and director? Do I even need tags when each movie has 5 categories already?

I'd eventually (after a year of content) like it so that every time someone searches in google for 'asian films' and or 'asian cinema' my site would be in the top 10. If redundant tagging helps that then I am fine with it, but I'm not sure how bots respond to the same tag over and over and if multiples even register. I'll be adding the Wordpress All in One SEO pack so that should handle most of the stuff behind the scenes, I just need to be sure I'm tagging properly.

Sorry for the newbie questions, this is the first site that I've setup where it will have ongoing content and I want to sort it out before I start adding dozens of reviews.

Back