Blizzard's Next MMO.

Which franchise do you think Blizzard's new MMO will be based off of?

• Total voters

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
Everybody knows that Blizzard is working on another MMO. The big question is which franchise will it cover?

World of Warcraft 2? Unlikely in my opinion, but there are still quite a few people who say it may be true.

Galaxy of Starcraft? I hope that this is it and it will be as good as World of Warcraft.

Lost Vikings? I never got into this game, but I have heard a lot of people who speculate that it might be this franchise.

New Franchise? Blizzard hasn't had any new original games in a very very long time. Could they be opening up another MMO that isn't bound to the lore of their previous games?

I thought that maybe it was a Diablo MMO but after they announced Diablo 3, I really lost hope in a Diablo based MMO.

I'm betting on Starcraft. Since they're doing Starcraft 2 development it allows them to share much of the art and lore between the two. Much like they did with Warcraft 3 and WoW.

Hard to say really. I think a rewamped WoW on new engine would be great. However, Blizzard is a great/huge company. I doubght they are working on releasing a WoW clone, maybe something totally different and new?

WoW's graphic engie updated with TBC and will again with Lich King...the game actually looks very nice at max settings. I don't think they need a revamp.

Didn't they say the MMO was going to be a new IP? I would hope for Galaxy of Starcraft, but I'm pretty sure in one of the interviews they announced that the new MMO would be a new IP.

I sure hope that a StarCraft MMO is in the works and puts WoW to shame with content & gameplay.

WoW's graphic engie updated with TBC and will again with Lich King...the game actually looks very nice at max settings. I don't think they need a revamp.

It doesn't look that nice and I ran it at high with AA/AF filtering on 8x I believe. I never played before TBC so I don't know about how things looked then. I've seen the screen shots of Lich King and that graphics don't look that great either.

I guess it depends how you look at the game style, its cartoonish so if you look at it that way it looks almost fine, but if you want to compare it to guildwars's graphics then it looks not so fine.

It seems like the next MMO would be WoW2. I thought WoW is making blizzard the most money and its the biggest game for PC and it has a monthly subscription. Why would they be developing for one of the other games that does not make the money that WoW brings in.

What they should do is port WoW to the PS3 with full keyboard and mouse support so I can get my non-PC gaming rig buddys to play. The game would fit on a PS3 but I doubt 360.

I don't like everyone can see what I voted for, I hate new features. I hope its a new IP tho, would be great :)

How do we all know they are working on a new MMO?

WoW? They arent going to make a new WoW until subs die off the original pretty drastically, and that wont be for a few more years.

Starcraft 2 is about to come out, seriously doubt they would release two Starcraft titles so close together..

Diablo3 coming, you can count that out.

I dont even know what Lost Vikings is!

+new franchise or LV, I would bet money its not a new WoW, SC, or Diablo.

It's confirmed: World of GuitarCraft
good one
It doesn't look that nice and I ran it at high with AA/AF filtering on 8x I believe. I never played before TBC so I don't know about how things looked then. I've seen the screen shots of Lich King and that graphics don't look that great either.

I guess it depends how you look at the game style, its cartoonish so if you look at it that way it looks almost fine, but if you want to compare it to guildwars's graphics then it looks not so fine.

It seems like the next MMO would be WoW2. I thought WoW is making blizzard the most money and its the biggest game for PC and it has a monthly subscription. Why would they be developing for one of the other games that does not make the money that WoW brings in.

What they should do is port WoW to the PS3 with full keyboard and mouse support so I can get my non-PC gaming rig buddys to play. The game would fit on a PS3 but I doubt 360.

You may argue that WoW looks poopy, but look at how much they have done. You have newer MMO's with better engines that fail at some textures. LOTRO has problems with drawing in the distance, AOC has issues with trees, grass and performance. WoW is pushing up there in gaming age, still looks great. I can run it on my lappy maxed out, and I enjoy the graphics; they make me feel immersed. I am very picky person, I will find and bitch about every little graphical issue in every game; WoW has been an exception.

I would have to guess Starcraft, or a new IP. I don't see why they would even bother making a MMO thats just going to shuffle WoW users to WoW2. That doesn't make them anymore money. WoW2 will come out when there is a competitor who might take their money. Thus a new IP would be the best chance at attracting new people, however a new IP is much more risky. Since Starcraft is well enough established and sufficiently different from Warcraft that they could have a new sustainable base to make a second game off of. The Korean subscriptions alone would make it worth it. Hell they could even have an option to launch a SC2 game from within the Galaxies of Starcraft or something.

My guess is it will either be something to do with Starcraft, or an entirely new concept. I don't see another WoW re-make until WoW is at least 7 or so years old.

dude i loved rock and roll racing, duno how good it would work as an mmo, 5 million people around a tiny track might get kinda crowded :p

1. Won't be another warcraft based game since they're still working on WOTLK/WoW.

2. Won't be a starcraft MMO since they're already doing Starcraft II.

3. Can't imagine a Lost Viking based MMO.

4. Won't be a Diablo MMO since they're already working on Diablo 3 which they said is not an MMO.

5. New IP sounds the most plausible.

probably the next expansion for wow... just cause they are working on one now doesnt mean they cant start another... i heard they wantedt to have one every year or so....

dude i loved rock and roll racing, duno how good it would work as an mmo, 5 million people around a tiny track might get kinda crowded :p

Hahahah they'd have to make it a pretty huge track, with tiny vehicles, oh the oil and guns! the nitro was cool too

WoW is pushing up there in gaming age, still looks great. I can run it on my lappy maxed out, and I enjoy the graphics; they make me feel immersed. I am very picky person, I will find and bitch about every little graphical issue in every game; WoW has been an exception.

I agree that WOWs graphics is indeed immersive, more so than in most other games that I can mention, IF Blizzard goes the StarCraft route, which is likely if they don't develop an original MMO, I'd prefer the immersion of WoW to the shiny graphics of Age of Conan...

I agree that WOWs graphics is indeed immersive, more so than in most other games that I can mention, IF Blizzard goes the StarCraft route, which is likely if they don't develop an original MMO, I'd prefer the immersion of WoW to the shiny graphics of Age of Conan...

Atleast use the new graphics engine (Atleast I think they have a new one :p) that they are doing for DIII/SC2 just like they did for War3 with WoW. That would be awesome.

fake_starcraft_mmo_gamespot1.jpg

Mmm, Starcraft MMO.

Personally I hope it's WoW2, exclusively for iPhone.

Except that you would need to lug a generator around with you as you can't do anything in game within your 2 hours of 3G-enabled battery life.

I am as much of a Blizzard fanboi as the next guy, and I certainly have given a lot of cash to them over the years, but I think that by and large they are done. Replicating the success of WoW will be impossible, and all else will just not do.

EDIT: Done as in done with MMOs. I am sure they will continue to make successful non-MMO games.

Except that you would need to lug a generator around with you as you can't do anything in game within your 2 hours of 3G-enabled battery life.

I am as much of a Blizzard fanboi as the next guy, and I certainly have given a lot of cash to them over the years, but I think that by and large they are done. Replicating the success of WoW will be impossible, and all else will just not do.

Just because they've made their biggest profits off of WoW, does not mean that they're doomed to future failure. Personally, I imagine Starcraft II will be a stunning success. Sure, it won't have the long time cash-cow milking feature that MMO's (especially WoW) have. But it will still be great, and if they eventually make a Starcraft MMO, they could improve by taking the experience they learned from WoW. Trust me, the sky's the limit on this one.

why do wow2 when you can have graphical upgrade as well as a crapload more expansions

WoW2. It's very likely. Think about it..

People are assuming this comes out within 2 years but it won't. It's a ways off. And WoW and it's graphics are already 4 years old, it's getting aged.. This "top secret" project, which was just announced, puts it at least 4 years away or more. 8 year gap between WoW 1/2.

When WoWs graphics/gameplay decline, 5 years from now.. this window WoW2 would launch, is also the expected timeline for this project.

Just a hunch :p I'm suprised it hasn't leaked yet with how many Bliz employee's exist.

SC MMO would be freaking epic!

Of course Blizz would take about 15 years developing it... If it is as polished as WoW is now, it would be a terrific MMO to play. Imagine, 3 races, freaking awesome.

Aside from maybe a DBZ MMO or a Pokemon MMO, this would be the most possible thing.

Well no real point on speculating at this point. Whatever it is I'm sure it will be huge since Blizzard never seems to fail in the PC market. Even if the game is mediocre there will be a huge cult following ;)

Back