Blizzard working on Next Gen MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt its diablo.

Starcraft is a lot of kids god in a few asian countries. It would be stupid not to make an mmo based on it.

The reason I don't think it's Diablo is that it's "magical/fantasy" nature overlaps somewhat with WoW. No reason to have two fantasy MMO's at the same time.

Now WoS, I think it could work. I think people are worried that SCII would take away users from the MMO, but considering that those are two different genres, I don't think there'd be a problem.

And to the GH discussion - I played Rockband last weekend. I've played drums for a while, and that game is harder than drumming in real life. E.g. Hi-hat should be played with RH overlapping LH. With the quads (marching band term) that Rockband has, you don't have that natural motion.

Not a big deal, but the second is that I simply read sheet music alot easier than scrolling bars. Seeing the x of the hi-hat, or the note-shaped of snare drum notes is a lot easier to me.
Regardless tho, it's harmless fun. If anything, we got 4 people playing at once, with random friends singing. Trust me - find another activity where you can get my friends singing (outside of a NRB) and it just isn't happening, haha. I think it's that Rolling Stone song that goes all over the place(?) that really had me bawling.

They take Starcraft VERY SERIOUSLY in a few countries as many of you know. In PCGamer magazine I read an article about how in South Korea it's VERY popular (Like the NFL in america) and they have team houses and some players make $200k+. The downside is they're advised against having girlfriends and they have to practice atleast 13 hours a day so therefore get little free time.

Also it takes more then 2 hours in WoW

They take Starcraft VERY SERIOUSLY in a few countries as many of you know. In PCGamer magazine I read an article about how in South Korea it's VERY popular (Like the NFL in america) and they have team houses and some players make $200k+. The downside is they're advised against having girlfriends and they have to practice atleast 13 hours a day so therefore get little free time.

There's a Nat'l Geographic special on Xellos. I think it's on Youtube. The biggest N.S.S part is where they hook up sensors to Xellos and a newb's brain and have them play SC. Gee, the pro makes moves instinctively while the newb is using visual recognition to move, which is just WAY too slow.

As Bruce Lee would say - the hand moves all my itself. And...ad infinitum with more philosophical Lee quotes.

I've never played WoW but does it really take under 2 hours to get to level 70? It's certainly possible to get to 80+ in that time in D2.

7-8'ish days of playtime, if you know what your doing. Less obviously if your using rested XP etc (it took me like 20 days of /played too hit 60 back in the day)

so i take it you like pretzels? or do you just make and distribute them?

I am made of pretzels. I am also filled with cheese :D

I'm hoping a new diablo will be coming, honestly. Though, if done right, a starcraft mmo could be cool.

Of course, it would be nice for them to come up with another ip, as well.

I probably shouldn't have even responded to that guy, but he makes too many assumptions. It's one thing to not like a game, but to insult people who enjoy playing it is uncalled for.

lol, the problem with people is (this is mainly on the internet) there is no emotion, everything is always looked at to the 5th. I make a joke to this guy, then state the reason why I even attempted to make the joke. Then, for some reason, everyone and their half dead mother wants to jump in and say "by your logic".

I don't care if you play guitar hero. I seriously don't. I have thought that I have made that clear at least 50 times already, you're all just getting way too offended over some stupid game. If I could remember all the stuff you all said I would respond to it, but I'll just have to go by memory of scanning over the last two pages pretty quickly.

First of all, I don't search the internet for guitar hero posts to "troll" and "scream to the top of my lungs", you can take it how you want but in the end, is it I who is acting 5? Most people could read something like what I've said and say "oh this guy doesn't like guitar hero, and he has a valid point" but all of you want to look at it like "oh this guy hates guitar hero and wants to do nothing but flame people who play it because he 'wants to look cool'". I don't care what you people think of me, I was just stating my thoughts.

Second, singing has absolutely nothing to do with playing a guitar. Invalid.

third. I'm sorry to hear about your problem, being able to play any type of music is a pure joy, but no offense, if you're limited so much how are you typing properly ? (Unless you're chicken pecking) you should be able to play some piano, or hell, even get such programs as pro-tools and make your own music by taking clips from others.

Fourth, what type of guitar do you own prtz ? And thats neat that you can play guitar hero, and it's really cool, I mean to some, that you can beat me in guitar hero (as I don't play it). It should take one person who is dedicated, someone who put half the time they put into guitar hero a day into guitar, no more than three months to be playing stupid stuff like nirvana (I say nirvana because thats what 100% of the people I know who play guitar started off on, it was the 90's forgive me.) Again, my "efforts" to look cool on the internet are nil. I'm merely typing, if I wanted to make you all think I were cool, I'd go down to my little recording studio, whip up a few songs, and say "check them out" but that's too much work to impress you all :D though it'd be fun.

Stuey, that is another stupid comment if you ask me. One, I'm not a robot, and two I don't care. Again, your analogy and mine are no where near similar. I agree that some people play it to get that feeling of "being a rock star" but honestly, that feeling can really only be obtained by playing drums, bass, guitar, piano, singing, or something of that nature in front of a large crowd that actually enjoys your music, or the music you play. That's a rush :) Hell, even sitting down and playing a good song for your girlfriend, friends, family, whatever, is still a rush, doesn't have to be on stage.

Prtz, you're right, I'm sorry for insulting you. I'm sorry that you get so bent out of shape over it. But you remember, next time you see a retarded kid, or some fat kid, or someone who is going bald, someone who has a big nose, someone who is not the same race as you, someone who is purely different. When you think, or make a joke about that sad sad person, remember they didn't choose to be that. You choose to play a stupid game :p ;) lol j/p (Oh but I don't do that.) Do you go to comedy shows? Watch south park? Family Guy? Tv in general ?? If so, then you support it :D

It took me less than 9 days to get to 70 before the release of the patch that decreased exp required, or increased exp intake. If I sat down and tried now it'd probably take me around 6 days, but I don't play WoW anymore. As for taking 2 hours to hit 80 on diablo 2, I mean without hacks :p. It's honestly going to be getting harder for any company to throw out an origional MMO, I promise you every idea has been thrown across every table. Lets just all hope and pray that whatever it is, is awesome :p

If you hit lvl 70 in 9 days you seriously have no life. I'm sorry for being rude, but seriously...I played WoW for 4 months and got to like lvl 34 lol.

I may be late in jumping in on this topic, but it seems that everyone is fine with Guitar Hero except for kinson. Maybe there is another reason why he hates it so much? It can't be because it is just a game because nobody would spend so much time defending their stance on something if they didn't find something about it that bothered them in real life.

If you hit lvl 70 in 9 days you seriously have no life. I'm sorry for being rude, but seriously...I played WoW for 4 months and got to like lvl 34 lol.

Don't be a jackass, if you played WoW for 4 months you've played long enough to know that level goes by exactly how much time has been put into the game, not how long you've played the game. I could play the game for 3 years, but have only put 9 days worth of play into that character... I'm not meaning to be rude, but that could also just mean that you suck, or enjoyed the low leveling process way to much. I for one enjoy being level 70 (or max level on mmo's)

I may be late in jumping in on this topic, but it seems that everyone is fine with Guitar Hero except for kinson. Maybe there is another reason why he hates it so much? It can't be because it is just a game because nobody would spend so much time defending their stance on something if they didn't find something about it that bothered them in real life.

Yeah, I'd say you're a little late and this again just proves that you are all the ones going overboard with my comment, my view of the game. I don't give a rats ass who plays it, I'm just merely stating, PLEASE for the sake of jesus fucking christ read this. I'm just stating that people who spend their time playing that game, could take the time to learn to play real guitar instead, and actually accomplish something in their life. I seriously do not give a shit if you play the game, enjoy the game, have friends who play the game. That's you, I merely just state my thoughts and you all wig out. GG though.

Second, singing has absolutely nothing to do with playing a guitar. Invalid.

third. I'm sorry to hear about your problem, being able to play any type of music is a pure joy, but no offense, if you're limited so much how are you typing properly ? (Unless you're chicken pecking) you should be able to play some piano, or hell, even get such programs as pro-tools and make your own music by taking clips from others.

When you're completely and utterly unable to remember a tune or to even "hear" anything mentally (For example, I can't remember what someone's voice sounds like)... it makes playing music a bit hard. Hell, I can't even remember the tune to "happy birthday", or what my mom's voice sounds like.

Now... recognition? That's a different issue. I can recognize voices and such when I hear them, but there's absolutely no internal playback. I can recognize a song... but again, I wouldn't be able to tell you how the song went even right after it finished playing. Impersonations? Heh, kinda hard when you can't remember what you're supposed to sound like...

Now, I enjoy guitar hero precisely because I don't have to remember a tune... yet I'm able to "play". Quite the fantasy for me. I'm dealing with visual patterns that fit the music I enjoy listening to. Now, could I learn to play a real guitar? Probably. However it'd be a real pita and I'd never be able to really enjoy it. I'd simply be playing from sheet music forever... or having to memorize that I do this, hold for this count, then do this, hold for this count, etc... and I wouldn't even be able to tell what the sheet music would sound like without playing it.

Not everyone's brain works the same way. I'd really like to be good at musical stuff like you evidently are. You'd probably like to be good at some of the stuff I'm good at. However I don't go around making fun of you because you're lacking in something that I see as stupidly basic.

First of all, again you're taking this personal, I did not make fun of you in anyway whatsoever. I have yet to make any comment about you personally. Then again I guess when I speak of a game, everyone who plays it gets offended.

If you have that much trouble remembering tunes, tones, notes, whatever, then maybe you should attempt doing something musically. Who knows, it might help you out. Simple example is, my cousin can't talk for shit. He stutters worse than anyone I know, yet when we play music together, he can drum and sing REALLY really well, I mean good. I can honestly say if you've never tried it, you don't know how far you can take it.

That said of course it requires patience, and persistence, but I'm seriously tired of talking about this with you all... Please lets get back on topic. If you're interested in talking about this with me, then by all means, take it to my forums (not trying to get traffic from HF just saying they're not used and are a great place for disputes such as this). Otherwise we'll just keep filling up this thread with uselessness. Or you can send me a message if you feel the need to take it that far, I don't care.

uncross those fingers, grip a .45 custom, gently place it in your mouth, and pull the trigger. Even though I hope for the sake of life in general that your comment was a joke, it was a horrible joke. Those poor useless kids that spend all that time playing guitar hero when they could purchase a real guitar for pretty much the exact same amount of money and learn to play a real one in the amount of time it takes them to 'master' guitar hero are pathetic. Might be a great idea of a game, and I'm jealous I didn't write it, cause I'd be rich, but still... To have someone come up to me and say "I can stomp your ass on guitar hero" (Does not play that game and honestly never will purposefully) makes me laugh, because I know while he's sitting there pushing 5 buttons (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm jamming with Stevie Ray Vaughn on my 21 fret custom fender. Just makes me giggle is all.

Takes more to play a real guitar, and jamming, yeah, requires creativity. Sorry /rant.

Lolercaust! owned!

Glad somone just came out and said it, well put. now then back to the topic at hand.

Oh yeah, I hoped there working on Diablo 3 ...a starcraft mmo might be cool, if they could figure out how to do the races.

p.s. the fact that some of you would mention "guitar hero" in the same sentence as diablo or starcraft disgusts me.

uncross those fingers, grip a .45 custom, gently place it in your mouth, and pull the trigger. Even though I hope for the sake of life in general that your comment was a joke, it was a horrible joke. Those poor useless kids that spend all that time playing guitar hero when they could purchase a real guitar for pretty much the exact same amount of money and learn to play a real one in the amount of time it takes them to 'master' guitar hero are pathetic. Might be a great idea of a game, and I'm jealous I didn't write it, cause I'd be rich, but still... To have someone come up to me and say "I can stomp your ass on guitar hero" (Does not play that game and honestly never will purposefully) makes me laugh, because I know while he's sitting there pushing 5 buttons (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm jamming with Stevie Ray Vaughn on my 21 fret custom fender. Just makes me giggle is all.

Takes more to play a real guitar, and jamming, yeah, requires creativity. Sorry /rant.

God damn, I didn't know they had the internet under bridges.:rolleyes:

I have a 42 button custom fender. Also, I like to play songs backwards just for the challenge. It's really about the same effort as playing a song forwards. You're right about GH, it sux, they should make a REAL GUITAR MMO. They could give it a real snazzy title like "Real Life Musician," and instead of being computer based you could join like-minded people and form a guild/band IRL and go to local clubs where people will boo at you, throw booze and tell you how much you suck. Oh wait, that already exists, damn, nevermind.

Also, can you give me a bit more info on the ".45 custom" you mentioned in your suicide instructions? I am actually in the market for a handgun, but in all my research I haven't happened upon that particular model.

The GH MMO comment was funny enough to make me smile, at least until I started reading your trash heap of a post.

I'm curious what Blizzard is working on. I wouldn't think a starcraft MMO would be too appealing, even though I played the hell out of starcraft. Diablo would probably be more likely IMO...

Lolercaust! owned!

Glad somone just came out and said it, well put. now then back to the topic at hand.

Oh yeah, I hoped there working on Diablo 3 ...a starcraft mmo might be cool, if they could figure out how to do the races.

p.s. the fact that some of you would mention "guitar hero" in the same sentence as diablo or starcraft disgusts me.

Guitar hero, diablo, and starcraft are video games. Go drink a beer and calm down.;)

The custom .45, I was just saying custom in terms of a grip, to make it easier on the hand. Doesn't matter what it is, you can go with a para-ordnance if you're canadian (although last I heard it was hard to obtain a handgun legally, but whats the fun in that), american I'd suggest the ruger p97dao with custom grip (they're great) or colt I personally really like the look of 1911's, if you're european then of course the walther or sig-sauer if you can get ya one. If you feel the need to buy around and get one that feels good to your hand then I suggest you do so. I wouldn't worry so much about exit end of the barrel, the sight shouldn't be too much of a problem, and if it's uncomfortable to your mouth, then (should make a homosexual joke... but egh) just... Bite the bullet.

As for internet under bridges, I got lucky and stole this laptop, and there just happens to be a starbucks close enough to get a weak signal. That's smooth, 42, you can double 21, I'm proud of you, although it's fret man, get it right... Button, see that's what happens when you play that stupid ass game.

go to local clubs where people will boo at you, throw booze and tell you how much you suck. Oh wait, that already exists, damn, nevermind.

Fortunately I've never been told I suck, never been booed off of a stage, nor had booze thrown at me (or any other item/substance). I can go to a local club, and have people come up to me and say "Damn man you all did great tonight, I got a birthday party for a friend coming up and we'll pay you good if you're interested." Or better yet "hey!! (giddy girl laugh) you fucking rocked tonight. Care to come back to my place and play some more with me?"

;) see if GH gets you that. As for the being booed shit, I'm sure theres plenty of 'flamers' out there who would love to tell you how much you suck at gh and throw shit at you when you think you're the shit.

Guitar hero, diablo, and starcraft are video games. Go drink a beer and calm down.

I agree, I like beer ;)... However, GH, isn't in the same spectrum as diablo and starcraft, so honestly shouldn't even be thought of. Like dude man said up there, I'll just rephrase it, it really is a disgrace to compare or even mention guitar hero in association to and with diablo, sc, and wc. You guys keep it going <3 love it.

The custom .45, I was just saying custom in terms of a grip, to make it easier on the hand. Doesn't matter what it is, you can go with a para-ordnance if you're canadian (although last I heard it was hard to obtain a handgun legally, but whats the fun in that), american I'd suggest the ruger p97dao with custom grip (they're great) or colt I personally really like the look of 1911's, if you're european then of course the walther or sig-sauer if you can get ya one. If you feel the need to buy around and get one that feels good to your hand then I suggest you do so. I wouldn't worry so much about exit end of the barrel, the sight shouldn't be too much of a problem, and if it's uncomfortable to your mouth, then (should make a homosexual joke... but egh) just... Bite the bullet.

As for internet under bridges, I got lucky and stole this laptop, and there just happens to be a starbucks close enough to get a weak signal. That's smooth, 42, you can double 21, I'm proud of you, although it's fret man, get it right... Button, see that's what happens when you play that stupid ass game.

Fortunately I've never been told I suck, never been booed off of a stage, nor had booze thrown at me (or any other item/substance). I can go to a local club, and have people come up to me and say "Damn man you all did great tonight, I got a birthday party for a friend coming up and we'll pay you good if you're interested." Or better yet "hey!! (giddy girl laugh) you fucking rocked tonight. Care to come back to my place and play some more with me?"

;) see if GH gets you that. As for the being booed shit, I'm sure theres plenty of 'flamers' out there who would love to tell you how much you suck at gh and throw shit at you when you think you're the shit.

I agree, I like beer ;)... However, GH, isn't in the same spectrum as diablo and starcraft, so honestly shouldn't even be thought of. Like dude man said up there, I'll just rephrase it, it really is a disgrace to compare or even mention guitar hero in association to and with diablo, sc, and wc. You guys keep it going <3 love it.

Wow. You seem to really have it out for this video game. You do realize it's a game, and this is a gaming forum, not a music forum, right? Nowhere on the box does it say "realistic music simulator; pretend you're a real rockstar." I think someone's missing the point, but at this point we're not even close to on-topic, so I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back