Blizzard working on Next Gen MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac

Limp Gawd
It seems that while Blizzard has a separate team for both Starcraft 2 and the next WoW expansion there is another only known as
Team 3.

My first thought was Diablo since they have already announced their 2 other major IPs. I know this would piss off alot of diablo fans and thats not something Blizzard tends to do.
Then I started to think about the Activision merger maybe this is a new IP.

what do you guys think?

This is breaking news that is relevant to my interests. I would like to subscribe to your RSS feed.

Pure speculation for now, but I would like to see World of Starcraft, I think alot of people are waiting for that.

They already stated that it will be a project unrelated to anything Blizzard did in the past.

Guitar Hero MMO crosses fingers...

kinson:

Perhaps (assuming you play FPS games) you should join the army, or learn how to shoot guns. Stop wasting your time with all these computer games, get a gun, and hunt instead!

Same goes for any activity that gaming interacts with...

Anyways, get back on topic... Blizzard is still doing great with WoW, however I know every WoW player that I personally know has been waiting for a good while for something new by blizzard. Lets just hope whatever it is, is coming soon, and isn't a big ass flop like other mmo's released lately.

i don't want diablo in 3d, it wouldn't be diablo. give me a kickass diablo mmorpg with a top down view, less grinding than WOW, more UO'ish gameplay and a dx10 sheen and I'll pay whatever they want per month.

i don't want diablo in 3d, it wouldn't be diablo. give me a kickass diablo mmorpg with a top down view, less grinding than WOW, more UO'ish gameplay and a dx10 sheen and I'll pay whatever they want per month.

I can't help but agree with you, to a sense. I'd love to have another REALLY good diablo game, I mean something great, but I highly doubt we'll get another diablo 2.

grind in wow is like nothing for mmo

grind in wow is like nothing for mmo

Now it's not, but I agree to this also before the latest decrease in exp requirement it wasn't super bad but it got boring. The time it took to get to 80 or higher on diablo 2 takes almost as long as it takes to get to 70 on WoW.

Ok my biggest pet peeve is when people run down stuff just because they don't like it. I don't care if you don't like it but don't run it down just because of that reason. It just makes you look like a simple minded idiot. You are right you have your right to an opinion but all you have to say I hope not I don't like the game. Don't run it into the ground.

I hope its something to do with diablo but I've never really gotten into blizzards stuff much so I guess we will see.

Oh god yes! Not _that_ was a rhythm game! I miss parappa...so much better than, well, pretty much every other rhythm game.

Personally, I'd like a locked-camera-angle but 3D-rendered Diablo III. Well, 2D'd be okay, as long as the resolution was high enough that zoomed in 1920X1200 was "native".

Ok my biggest pet peeve is when people run down stuff just because they don't like it. I don't care if you don't like it but don't run it down just because of that reason. It just makes you look like a simple minded idiot. You are right you have your right to an opinion but all you have to say I hope not I don't like the game. Don't run it into the ground.

Ugh, d'what ? The game sucks, and all the big gh gamers get mad because they know they're playing a stupid game...

I mean, the only thing I can think of that is worse is DDR... I'd really rather play guitar hero instead of that trash ;)...

Oh god yes! Not _that_ was a rhythm game! I miss parappa...so much better than, well, pretty much every other rhythm game.

Now I sense sarcasm ;) but you have to admit, parappa is the shit !! lol

Honestly, a 3d diablo would be cool, IF they did it right. Can't really say you wouldn't enjoy a really serious dark dark well done in gameplay and graphics 3d Diablo. I just think it'd be too hard to do, I mean, I don't know about you guys but I spent almost all of 3 years playing diablo and diablo 2 with various peeps. the only thing that will be hard is getting the approval of the hardcore diablo gamers.

I hope its a diablo 3 so that they can laugh in the face of Flagship Studios at how failed Hellgate London ended up being.

with your logic you should join the marines and play a REAL fps.

With your inability to read the rest of posts I should not even be replying to this comment. I just felt like pointing out the fact that you seem to be a tidbit behind.

I do hunt, I do shoot... As for the army, due to chronic migraines well, I guess until they need me instead of wanting me, I'll be sitting around playing those FPS games.

As for it being just a game, it is just a game, I just see it pathetic. If any of you actually played guitar, I think a lot of you would agree with me. But, owell... As for it going with any other gaming activity, that's a stupid comment and you know it. I'm going to get a sword and go hunt demons, or get a staff and make magic disperse from my fingers at goblins.. Lame come back. :) guitar hero is stupid IMO, and I have a right to that opinion. Unfortunately for you all mines the only one that matters :p... It just sickens me that companies like G4 and other massive gaming companies hold "crossroads" "battle of the 'guitar hero'" kinda bs... anyone with half a brain can play those games. Give me back my parappa back.

Anyways, get back on topic... Blizzard is still doing great with WoW, however I know every WoW player that I personally know has been waiting for a good while for something new by blizzard. Lets just hope whatever it is, is coming soon, and isn't a big ass flop like other mmo's released lately.

No, it's really not a stupid comment.

Video games of today tend to take an activity that is infeasible and makes it both feasible and fun. Would joining the army always be fun? News flash: almost no one has fun in war pretty much ever, but nearly everyone has fun playing CoD4. In Halo 3 you can jump 3 meters straight up, beat 1000:1 odds, and save the galaxy. In NBA 2k8 you could be the star player of the Celtics make them go all the way. In Guitar Hero 3 you can be a rock star. They are all infeasible in real life, and even if they were, it would not be all fun and games. In a video game, it is.

You do have the right to an opinion. Too bad you have nothing to back it up with except more inane comments.

Also, suddenly writing, "OH BACK TO THE SUBJECT" won't bring closure to an argument you opened up.

Ugh, d'what ? The game sucks, and all the big gh gamers get mad because they know they're playing a stupid game...

I mean, the only thing I can think of that is worse is DDR... I'd really rather play guitar hero instead of that trash ;)...

Now I sense sarcasm ;) but you have to admit, parappa is the shit !! lol

Honestly, a 3d diablo would be cool, IF they did it right. Can't really say you wouldn't enjoy a really serious dark dark well done in gameplay and graphics 3d Diablo. I just think it'd be too hard to do, I mean, I don't know about you guys but I spent almost all of 3 years playing diablo and diablo 2 with various peeps. the only thing that will be hard is getting the approval of the hardcore diablo gamers.

I have never played GH, nor do I ever intend to, but I find it ironic that you compare it to Parappa which is essentially just an incredibly watered down version of GH. It has all the same elements, catchy tunes, music-based timing gameplay, but more.

You're basically saying Super Mario Brothers was awesome but SMB 3 is terrible, even though it has everything the original had but more, and done better.

Everyone I know is saying Starcraft MMO, I don't think they'll do that because Korea's entire economy would fall.

No, it's really not a stupid comment.

Video games of today tend to take an activity that is infeasible and makes it both feasible and fun..

Ok, first of all, all of you morons comparing playing guitar, and going to war, killing people, and dying for your country if need be are a far cry from each other. No WHERE NEAR the same page.

Second, I merely stated that you can take the time playing this game and do something a little more interesting, PLAYING A REAL GUITAR. You ass hats are getting so bent out of shape over nothing. My opinion is, the game is stupid, that is my opinion, I don't care what yours or your mothers opinion is, as they're not mine and in no way will manage to change my opinion.

I agree with you 100%, but to take "an activity that is infeasible"... Bad choice of words, the only idiot that can't play a guitar, or a stringed instrument, is an idiot that isn't willing to take the time to learn how.

Granted I know on the grand scheme of things, 5 buttons are far few from having to understand what 144 different places that you can put your finger. (In reality it's just 144 spots on a 24 fret guitar, even then you're only dealing with a total of 12 different notes, and yadda yadda who cares blah blah pretty much the same as any instrument.)

So saying that playing guitar hero is a persons way of doing something infeasible just makes me honestly laugh at you. That's almost like saying we play racing games cause we can't physically go get in our car and get on the highway and achieve speeds over 100MPH, it might not be advised, but it sure as fuck isn't 'infeasible'.

As for me saying lets stick with the subject, I said that because I knew that a ton of morons (even if I deleted my post, people had already quoted me) would come in here and give some jack ass response. As for parappa, sadly, I was joking in a sense. I did love that game, it was one of its own at it's time, but for most people those type games died along with parappa. Oh, and I never even mentioned mario... (yeah, I know, who cares.)

A starcraft MMO would just be WEIRD. I think I'd try it, but it'd have to rock to keep me interested.

At the end of the day, does anyone really care that some tool is having fun playing a guitar-based video game? So what, it's not a real guitar. So? Who cares, honestly? I don't give two shits on how someone would rather play Guitar Hero than learn to play a real guitar. I know I can't speak for everyone but the whole argument of "LAWL!! PLAY A REAL GUITAR NOOB!" is really getting stale. I still fail to see the point in it. Oh well.

Leon2ky said:
Everyone I know is saying Starcraft MMO, I don't think they'll do that because Korea's entire economy would fall.

Now THAT's funny... and really sad at the same time because it could totally be true. :(

At the end of the day, does anyone really care that some tool is having fun playing a guitar-based video game? So what, it's not a real guitar. So? Who cares, honestly? I don't give two shits on how someone would rather play Guitar Hero than learn to play a real guitar. I know I can't speak for everyone but the whole argument of "LAWL!! PLAY A REAL GUITAR NOOB!" is really getting stale. I still fail to see the point in it. Oh well.

(quote about how Korea's economy would fail if a Starcraft MMO were released)

Now THAT's funny... and really sad at the same time because it could totally be true. :(

QFT.

I agree with you 100%, but to take "an activity that is infeasible"... Bad choice of words, the only idiot that can't play a guitar, or a stringed instrument, is an idiot that isn't willing to take the time to learn how.

Some people really CAN'T play a guitar. And i am one of them. Injured my wrist, and fingering a fretboard is something i just cannot do. Heck, i can't even play GH, for the same reasons.

And let's face it, some people will never be musicians, no matter what they do. Takes talent, and not everyone is musically talented.

Now they just need to announce what it is, then wait 3 years of development, then we can play it!

But honestly, I can't wait. I played WoW since release and quit a few months ago, finally. It was a great game, but I guess it just got old-- time for a new MMO. Tired of trying out these sub-par MMOs, nothing compare to the old days of WoW. But whatever it will be, it's going to be awesome, and I'll be buying it. Shit, it could be Little Ponies Online and I bet it would still be great if it was made by Blizzard. :cool:

I should send an email to every blizzard related email address I can find signing myself up for the beta, alpha, and pre-alpha testing for whatever this MMO is. :p

Now they just need to announce what it is, then wait 3 years of development, then we can play it!

But honestly, I can't wait. I played WoW since release and quit a few months ago, finally. It was a great game, but I guess it just got old-- time for a new MMO. Tired of trying out these sub-par MMOs, nothing compare to the old days of WoW. But whatever it will be, it's going to be awesome, and I'll be buying it. Shit, it could be Little Ponies Online and I bet it would still be great if it was made by Blizzard. :cool:

Only three years :eek:, I got over six out of Dark Age of Camelot ;) :) :cool: .I now have moved on to WoW, hoping it'll have enough content to last several years too, unless WarHammer Online or Age of Conan turn out to be so good I want to try them :D.

Honestly I think both DDR and GH are stupid too but I'm not going to troll internet forums screaming it at the top of my lungs. I don't like so I don't play it. I'm not going to run down the people that do like it just because I don't.

What are you 5.

Everybody is going to like different things so what you like and don't like aren't the holy grail. Get over it. People should do what THEY enjoy not what others enjoy. Personally I'm sick of gaming right now because all 90% of the world cares about is pretty graphics. I would rather have a fun game that looks like shit than a pretty one that sucks.

I'm done ranting all I'm doing is dropping to your level and I refuse to go any lower so have a good day.

Connan might be the first MMO I spring for if it turns out to be good.
Though I'm still waiting for the Firefly MMO but I'm starting to think that it will come out the same day as Duke Nukem Forever

I'd like to get excited about this but, seeing as it's Blizzard, I expect more of the same mindless, grind-happy drivel that is WoW.

Diablo, thats would I would like to see appear but I am not going to keep my fingers crossed.

As for the GH arguement uh yea what are we arguing about again??

I don't think blizzard will try to compete in a market they are still dominating, not to mention now they have to be worried about actually suppling constant content to the playerbase through 2 IP's at which they are having enough trouble doing so with just one.

I hope its going to be a single player based game, based around story, with multiplayer elements.

I'm pretty pissed at how blizzard really screwed up most of their lore with WoW, the world was really entertaining and grasping from a readers perspective and they pretty much threw most of it out with the trash, not to mention its taking them for ever to finish the Lich King saga, 7 years is WAY TOO LONG for them...

And let's face it, some people will never be musicians, no matter what they do. Takes talent, and not everyone is musically talented.

Indeed.

Maybe I should send the guy a recording of me trying to sing and, after he got done bleeding out of his ears, he'd see why I play GH rather than attempt to play a real guitar. :D

He should be glad that he's musically gifted rather than laughing at us that aren't. Guess he's just really worried about the size of his e-peen :eek:

Anyways, back on topic... hopefully if they're working on a new MMO it'll actually have a crafting-driven economy... and some real depth in the gaming mechanics. (Compare WoW with say FFXI as an example)

Lame come back. guitar hero is stupid IMO

Its simple - Guitar Hero makes you feel like you can play a guitar really, really well and fufills all those rock star fantasies without the need for things like years of practice and talent.

Sounds pretty much like the purpose of a game too me...

If you were a giant robot man would you mock me for liking supreme commander? :(

uncross those fingers, grip a .45 custom, gently place it in your mouth, and pull the trigger. Even though I hope for the sake of life in general that your comment was a joke, it was a horrible joke. Those poor useless kids that spend all that time playing guitar hero when they could purchase a real guitar for pretty much the exact same amount of money and learn to play a real one in the amount of time it takes them to 'master' guitar hero are pathetic. Might be a great idea of a game, and I'm jealous I didn't write it, cause I'd be rich, but still... To have someone come up to me and say "I can stomp your ass on guitar hero" (Does not play that game and honestly never will purposefully) makes me laugh, because I know while he's sitting there pushing 5 buttons (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm jamming with Stevie Ray Vaughn on my 21 fret custom fender. Just makes me giggle is all.

Takes more to play a real guitar, and jamming, yeah, requires creativity. Sorry /rant.

I own a guitar.

I own guitar hero 2 and 3.

I own rock band.

I can stomp your ass on guitar hero.

Why say sorry? You're not sorry; you're pleased with yourself by your effort to look "cool" on the internet.

Now it's not, but I agree to this also before the latest decrease in exp requirement it wasn't super bad but it got boring. The time it took to get to 80 or higher on diablo 2 takes almost as long as it takes to get to 70 on WoW.
I've never played WoW but does it really take under 2 hours to get to level 70? It's certainly possible to get to 80+ in that time in D2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back