Blizzard Caves In To Pressure Over Overwatch Butt Pose

I always say this: I have NO issue with tons of sexuality in games. I love it. Objectification is FINE, some people (notice I said 'people' and not 'women') even desire it for themselves! but its got to be equally dished out...

If you have THIS in your game:
Then you also need THIS:

Gotta disagree... just because you have something, you don't need a counterbalance.

That said, I would like awesome looking armor for gals.
I always prefered this to her red dress.
th

Ada_Wong_Re4.png

Alas, when I tried to mod it, it sort of fucked up the model/animation or something. I was pretty disappointed I stop playing the game >_> (I already beat it like twice though)

Gentlemen, it's a butt off! Who's you think is better? I say Gorgeous Freeman. No homo.

Gotta disagree... just because you have something, you don't need a counterbalance.

That said, I would like awesome looking armor for gals.
I always prefered this to her red dress.
th

Ada_Wong_Re4.png

Alas, when I tried to mod it, it sort of fucked up the model/animation or something. I was pretty disappointed I stop playing the game >_> (I already beat it like twice though)

I agree with you, I should have amended the whole thing with "...If you want equality."

I'm all about the TnA, but unlike a LOT of core gamers, I'm happy for there to be none or a lot of AnD (Abs 'n Dicks). However, a LOT of people feel uncomfortable when a character is unnecessarily sexualised, and I also feel that if the character is just flaunting their body for no reason, I kind of feel patronized and pandered to.

I agree with you, I should have amended the whole thing with "...If you want equality."

I'm all about the TnA, but unlike a LOT of core gamers, I'm happy for there to be none or a lot of AnD (Abs 'n Dicks). However, a LOT of people feel uncomfortable when a character is unnecessarily sexualised, and I also feel that if the character is just flaunting their body for no reason, I kind of feel patronized and pandered to.

Well, "equality" doesn't seem to mean what it used to mean these days. I'm perfectly fine with nude men and stuff because I would simply ignore it... I mean one of my favorite games has stud cards...... and I didn't make the connection bewtween "stud" and a pair of homos til I saw it. Shadow Hearts.

I don't mind being "pandered" to as long as it isn't stupid. Like say.... a girl in a bikini. That was pretty stupid... not to mention, she wasn't exactly super attractive to me either. Not to mention how disappointed I was when I found out about the sniper wolf skin was ... well whatever.

An armored girl like this
th
just makes me think wtf... but this....
500px-Female_warrior_Luxon_armor_dye_chart.png
is not bad at all in my eyes. Cant say it's sensible, but theres a bit of sexy with actual leather/metal that makes it seem like it'll protect unless you really want to critique it.

Well, "equality" doesn't seem to mean what it used to mean these days. I'm perfectly fine with nude men and stuff because I would simply ignore it... I mean one of my favorite games has stud cards...... and I didn't make the connection bewtween "stud" and a pair of homos til I saw it. Shadow Hearts.

I don't mind being "pandered" to as long as it isn't stupid. Like say.... a girl in a bikini. That was pretty stupid... not to mention, she wasn't exactly super attractive to me either. Not to mention how disappointed I was when I found out about the sniper wolf skin was ... well whatever.

An armored girl like this
th
just makes me think wtf... but this....
500px-Female_warrior_Luxon_armor_dye_chart.png
is not bad at all in my eyes. Cant say it's sensible, but theres a bit of sexy with actual leather/metal that makes it seem like it'll protect unless you really want to critique it.

There is still a LOT to critique, however, it's a fantasy environment! I'm sure the dudes' armour is WAAY too bulky to be useful, so you have this over-exaggeration of feminine and masculine.

The issue a lot of people have is that the women in games are more likely to show off their skin with battle-bikinis and the men are wearing what can only be described as... armour. That's when I say bring out the AnD for all those interested, to balance out the TnA.

Well, I don't know... are guys armor too bulky? I can't remember one that made me too think it'd be too bulky to move... granted, I usually think in the setting, like in fantasy where a guy can punch a rock to dust or something like that.

This kind of thing is getting grossly out of hand. Someone getting offended at a video game character's design, or pose, or outfit etc... can't continue to be validated by the developers/producers doing backflips to apologies for the "offense" , removing content, or worse refusing to even release said content in the first place.

Saying "I'm offended." is like saying "I'm happy." or "I'm gassy." or even "I'm wet from getting rained on."

The only appropriate response is "And why should anyone with even half a wit care?" (Usually summed up as "So?" Or "And?")

Nobody has a right to NOT be offended. It's a part of life. If you don't like it? Tough shit. You know your options.

1. Deal with it.
  2. Die
There really isn't any other viable option.

• Bend the world to my whim

This only works in comic books and power fantasies. Reality is NEITHER of these.

And if someone is too insistent, there are two more levels of response that are viable.

1. "Fuck you"
  2. Boot to the head (na na!)

'Nuff Said

Saying "I'm offended." is like saying "I'm happy." or "I'm gassy." or even "I'm wet from getting rained on."

The only appropriate response is "And why should anyone with even half a wit care?"

Nobody has a right to NOT be offended. It's a part of life. If you don't like it? Tough shit. You know your options.

1. Deal with it.
  2. Die
There really isn't any other viable option.

• Bend the world to my whim

This only works in comic books and power fantasies. Reality is NEITHER of these.

And if someone is too insistent, there are two more levels of response that are viable.

1. "Fuck you"
  2. Boot to the head (na na!)

'Nuff Said

Well, You are half right.

We live in a free-market where the consumers control the flow of products with their patronage. So yes, someone being 'offended' by something is not inherently entitled to jack-shit. If you are offended by Doritos, they don't owe you ANYTHING. you just keep on being offended. But what if Doritos wants you to spend money? Well, if they piss you off, you are LESS likely to give them money. There in-lies the basis of free-market capitalism. If someone is 'offended' by something, they have the right NOT to give their money to that something. and the LAST thing a corporation wants is LESS MONEY.

Thus, corporations try NOT to offend people. Corporations want EVERYONE'S' money. And you can't have EVERYONE'S' money if there are people you piss off, giving money to a competitor.

Am I the only man that actually finds a women's body to be visually superior to a mans?

It's not "sexual", it's like looking at anything else that is pleasant, like a painting or a well designed building or the SR-71.

When I look at a women's body I'm not saying "get on your knees while I face rape you", I'm saying you are a beautiful creation of nature and it brings me happiness to just simply admire your form.

I don't think anyone else feels this way.

Read the very first comment in the thread. A lady claimed that the pose didn't fit with the character, reduces the character to a sex symbol, goes against making strong female characters and mentioned her daughter knows who the character is. Shitstorm ensues. Blizzard reacts many comments later. Shuts thread, announces some nice political BS decision which happens to side with the lady, reopens thread. Okay, maybe not lawsuit or threat forced, but I still think forced is a fair word.

I don't know how you conclude how that forces blizzard to do anything. If you don't want to take what they say at face value then that is your call. By that same logic I have no reason to believe anything you say. You could have some ulterior motive in this. I have no evidence of that but it could be true. :) And sure the blue post could have been political PR thing and probably was, but that doesn't mean what they said is untrue.

Whole things feels like an overreaction to me. Sounds like blizzard was already thinking about changing things, saw a post that showed some people just might agree with them, and made the change, people freak out over nothing. If they were truly caving and being forced to do anything they would have changed widowmaker and not just tracer. But they didn't.

TBH at this stage the best way to not offend someone is probably do absolutely nothing. Say nothing, write nothing, create nothing, let the cultural world stagnate completely because there is bound to be someone offended...

Sometimes I do wonder if some people say they are offended are actually offended, or just saying that to get their point across...
You would think, but as BLM activists have proclaimed, silence is as much a political stance as action. It is part of the tired "you're either with us or against us" mentality. If you don't speak up for our cause, then you're obviously against it.
Am I the only man that actually finds a women's body to be visually superior to a mans?

It's not "sexual", it's like looking at anything else that is pleasant, like a painting or a well designed building or the SR-71.

When I look at a women's body I'm not saying "get on your knees while I face rape you", I'm saying you are a beautiful creation of nature and it brings me happiness to just simply admire your form.

I don't think anyone else feels this way.
I don't think women are necessarily visually superior to men, but being a heterosexual male I do enjoy looking at women. But I am of the same attitude in that I am admiring their form, not thinking about having sex with them. The only time I think about sex is when I want to have sex. Shocking, I know, that a man has to be in the mood for it just like women proclaim of themselves.

Being straight, I can still admire the male form, but for different reasons. It can show the potential of what my own body can be and give me a goal to aspire to.

I see multiple women dressed just like that on the way to work every day. I drive by a hike and bike trail, it never fails to show off an assortment of skin-tight runners, both men and women. They don't usually have anything else on their lower bodies.

Amazon.com : emFraa Skin Tight Compression Leggings Running Base layer Pants men women White XS : White Exercise Pants : Sports & Outdoors

Want to pretend they don't exist IN REAL LIFE? Then you can kindly get fucked. These are legal to wear IN PUBLIC and men/women wear them daily, even OFF THE TRACK :rolleyes:

Blizzard depicted it accurately: a small tight butt plus massive thigh muscles (straight muscle lines, not curvy fat) depicted in colored compression leggings. I thought the model looked pretty good when I saw the promo art. THAT IS THE BUTT OF AN ATHLETE (what you would expect in a physically-demanding game), SO DON'T BE AFRAID OF ANATOMY.

Stop being so afraid of people being exposed to real life Zarathustra. I'm pretty sure your daughter can still talk to you about it after the fact :D

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
At the end of the day Blizzard is here to make money, however that looks. I don't like some things, and I don't buy them or I stop watching them. I like other things and then I buy those.

There isn't anything moral about who is sexualized where in what way. It's about selling copies. And you need to sell a lot of copies - it's a very competitive business.

I don't know how you conclude how that forces blizzard to do anything. If you don't want to take what they say at face value then that is your call. By that same logic I have no reason to believe anything you say. You could have some ulterior motive in this. I have no evidence of that but it could be true. :) And sure the blue post could have been political PR thing and probably was, but that doesn't mean what they said is untrue.

Whole things feels like an overreaction to me. Sounds like blizzard was already thinking about changing things, saw a post that showed some people just might agree with them, and made the change, people freak out over nothing. If they were truly caving and being forced to do anything they would have changed widowmaker and not just tracer. But they didn't.

Am I speculating? Of course. Just like every website using the words "Blizzard caves.." as Blizzard didn't say they caved to pressure and claimed the change was something they were thinking of anyway. But if I was the only person who concluded they were forced, this story would have reached nobody and we wouldn't be having this conversation. In the end, it doesn't really matter what I think. Nothing I write ever goes viral. Just arguing over the internet because censoring art, no matter the circumstances, makes me angry. I do have an ulterior motive.

Looks like it protects everything except your vital organs...

TBH at this stage the best way to not offend someone is probably do absolutely nothing. Say nothing, write nothing, create nothing, let the cultural world stagnate completely because there is bound to be someone offended...

Sometimes I do wonder if some people say they are offended are actually offended, or just saying that to get their point across...

I'm pretty sure that there are those who are simply crying wolf because it gets them what they want. Hell, my son, at 13 months old, started doing a "fake cry" because he wants results. And he got them the first couple of times until we realized what was going on. :) It's kind of cute at 13 months. At 33 years old, not so cute.

They aren't actually offended. Aside rom people saying it sarcastically, like the guy you quoted, they are doing it to push people's thought to a state where they can take advantage. That's all it is.

That's it! No butts no Benjamin's! You lost money Blizzard!

Last edited:
Of course it is. It was designed that way for procreation, same way with a mans body from a woman's perspective.

I think this whole 'a woman's body is just more fun to look at' thing is a reflection on WHY this pisses so many people off. A woman's body is only more fun to look at for a person attracted to women, and even then, it's only size 6-10 women who are 6-9 heads tall with certain breast sizes and clear skin, between the ages of 18 and 27, with a particular waist-to-hip ratio...etc...

Essentially: The ideal woman's body is really fun to look at. I'm pretty sure the average woman's body is not as entertaining. Which makes the whole thing moot. Of course the IDEAL woman's body is fun to look at: so is the IDEAL man's body. Brushing it off as 'the female body is beautiful' is kind-of insulting as you are insinuating that either bodies that don't match the ideal are not 'true women'.

"But I didn't mean that!"

I know, it's a pain in the ass. People are gunna get offended at weird sh** and our job is to understand why, but not necessarily condone their opinion. IE "I understand why you are offended: but I don't care". This is a valid approach to the issue.

At the end of the day Blizzard is here to make money, however that looks. I don't like some things, and I don't buy them or I stop watching them. I like other things and then I buy those.

There isn't anything moral about who is sexualized where in what way. It's about selling copies. And you need to sell a lot of copies - it's a very competitive business.
That's true. But do the gaming community who actually purchase their stuff even cares about this matter

As far as I can remember, sexy looking females have always been a part of video games, and this was never an issue back when video games was a hobby that no one outside it's community cares about. It seem to me that only now when video games are much more popular and visible in our culture, that we have people starting to attack the industry with claims of sexism etc.

Of course it is. It was designed that way for procreation, same way with a mans body from a woman's perspective.
Actually, I hear that the woman's body is more attractive to men and women.

Actually, I hear that the woman's body is more attractive to men and women.

Now if we could just figure out which one is lust & which one is for procreative methods. I think the answer is clear.

Well, I would think that lust is for the procreation, as it draws humans to do it.

Blizzard took the high road and decided sensitivity to body image and strong female characters is important in their new murder simulator. Seriously it's really weird when you think about it.

Blizzard took the high road and decided sensitivity to body image and strong female characters is important in their new murder simulator. Seriously it's really weird when you think about it.

And thus we have the basis of English-speaking western culture:

Murder is honourable.

Sex is evil.

Buying a gun is fun.

Buying condoms is embarrassing.

Well, You are half right.

We live in a free-market where the consumers control the flow of products with their patronage. So yes, someone being 'offended' by something is not inherently entitled to jack-shit. If you are offended by Doritos, they don't owe you ANYTHING. you just keep on being offended. But what if Doritos wants you to spend money? Well, if they piss you off, you are LESS likely to give them money. There in-lies the basis of free-market capitalism. If someone is 'offended' by something, they have the right NOT to give their money to that something. and the LAST thing a corporation wants is LESS MONEY.

Thus, corporations try NOT to offend people. Corporations want EVERYONE'S' money. And you can't have EVERYONE'S' money if there are people you piss off, giving money to a competitor.

Well usually if they remove/change things that offends a lot more people. So it's not a very good strategy if they want to make money.

Well usually if they remove/change things that offends a lot more people. So it's not a very good strategy if they want to make money.

Oh and i forgot to add, that the SJWs that get offended at everything almost certainly weren't interested in the product to begin with, they just saw the "issue" on feminist frequency and took it upon themselves to get offended.

Oh and i forgot to add, that the SJWs that get offended at everything almost certainly weren't interested in the product to begin with, they just saw the "issue" on feminist frequency and took it upon themselves to get offended.
Most of the time, yes, but in this case you had to be in the beta to participate in the forum discussion.

Most of the time, yes, but in this case you had to be in the beta to participate in the forum discussion.
In this case they have every reason to take down that picture, I mean the eyes are absolutely creepy.

But the trend of SJW censorship is actually happening, and I fear for my free speech.

Back