Blazin Hot! 100 pack 52x CD-R's 9.99 at Newegg!

these legacy discs work good for me.
i bought a bunch of these and those 4x dvd+r back in the day and those discs are still holding up.

:D

i just hope they aren't crap ;) but i'm just about out of cdr's and i don't use them for anything important anymore.... I jumped :D

yeah i hope these arent crap, i dont usually buy no brand discs are they tend to become instant coasters.

anyone have good/bad experience with these?

I just ordered a pack. Hope they aren't too bad, if anything I'll burn at 24x.

They're back in stock now but I'm gonna wait until someone can report the media code. My car CD player is way too finicky to just put anything in.

Some of you guys are just to wary...its $10 bucks. If they were total crap, what have u lost? 10 bucks? Thats like one lunch , or two if you go to McDonalds... or two drinks at a bar. Come on, LIVE A LITTLE.

Gonna order me some right now.

I ordered mine a few days ago long before I seen this. I was hopeing they weren't junk, but the price is right so I figured what the heck.

choppedliver said:
Some of you guys are just to wary...its $10 bucks. If they were total crap, what have u lost? 10 bucks? Thats like one lunch , or two if you go to McDonalds... or two drinks at a bar. Come on, LIVE A LITTLE.

Gonna order me some right now.

lol...

if i lived a little i wouldn't go buy the cheapest no name cd-r's. id get some sony, memorex or TDK's

and yeah id rather have lunch then coasters

I don't even have enough to buy a psu.... I am going run my a64 rig on pc 2100 for now :(

carloboy said:
lol...

if i lived a little i wouldn't go buy the cheapest no name cd-r's. id get some sony, memorex or TDK's

and yeah id rather have lunch then coasters

Your a wild man.

These work great.

Had 1 disc suffer shipping damage, and only one burn as a coaster. Otherwise, I've burned several others, and they're working good.

Pretty sure these are the same ones i got from Best Buy along time ago....Their pretty good i use them to test burn stuff or for small files. Id never burn something Id wanna keep for awhile on one.

i got mine today. I was going through them and putting them on a spindle, I noticed that there is a manufacturing blemish every couple of disks. It looks like something touched the top of the discs b4 the dye was dry. The discs seems to burn okay, but there are a shit load of errors on the disc. Also my drive won't burn them any faster than 40x. My biggest concern though is the fact that there is no painted layer on top of the dye, this just means that these disc are fragile and that they should not be used 4 archieving or anything you want to keep very long. Anyway these discs work but are basically disposable crap. But that's what we were expecting anyway, right?
:D

^^^
Fear any disc which has a shiny top and that you can see though fairly well. These discs will last for about 6-months to 1-year .. 1-year, if you're lucky. Use them in your car MP3 player, but please do not do any serious backups with them, or you will be sad to find that your data is gone. After a year, the discs will probably start to get little holes in the dye, interesting effect, unless you wanted to keep your data.

If someone could get the 'media code', that would be really cool, use:
Use DVDInfoPro/DVDIdentifier / DVD Media Inspector (MacOSX) to get the media code.

vbrtrmn said:
^^^

If someone could get the 'media code', that would be really cool, use:
Use DVDInfoPro/DVDIdentifier / DVD Media Inspector (MacOSX) to get the media code.

Media code read from dvdinfo:

Media Information

Manufacturer Media Code Not Specified
Free Blocks 760741888
Free Capacity 725.50MB(760.74MB)
Media Type CD-R
HD-BURN Certified NO
Available Write Descriptor CLV 40.0x 6000KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 32.0x 4800KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 24.0x 3600KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 16.0x 2400KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 12.0x 1800KBps