BlackBerry Storm's "clickable" touch screen?

This has been known about the phone for a while. You can touch the screen to "highlight" something, but you actually have to press down on the icon to open it.

Interesting. I never read about that until this article, but it really raises the Storm's appeal to me. I need to find out more about this screen. :)

You would want WiFi, depending on your carrier. With Verizon's 3G (EVDO), you wouldn't need it.

On the other hand, the Storm is trying to compete with the iPhone, which isn't hard since it's on Sprint. :D <whistle>

You would want WiFi, depending on your carrier. With Verizon's 3G (EVDO), you wouldn't need it.

On the other hand, the Storm is trying to compete with the iPhone, which isn't hard since it's on Sprint. :D <whistle>

Yeah, i'm on sprint with the 8830 right now, trying to get a storm shipped in from Zurich, wish me luck, lol

The Storm will have a new OS exclusive to it. Don't slam the OS or the browser until you've read about it and seen the pictures and videos.

You don't need WiFi with Verizon's network! It would be another battery drain.

The Storm will have a new OS exclusive to it. Don't slam the OS or the browser until you've read about it and seen the pictures and videos.

You don't need WiFi with Verizon's network! It would be another battery drain.

I've read Engadget's Storm review, the browser still sucks. And this may come to a surprise to you, some of us live in rural areas that don't have 3G coverage. No WiFi is a big problem.

It'll be better than the OS 4.5 browser. Hopefully the Storm will let you set a third-party browser as default, and hopefully Firefox Mobile will kick ass.

I hope this will be available to AT&T users too. I can't wait for the next generation Storm to come out, because I have a feeling the first one will be buggy, and not be what we're expecting. I also hope that Wi-Fi will be on the next version.

The Storm is a Verizon/Vodafone exclusive, at least for a year or something. I doubt AT&T will pick it up since they have the iPhone. Apple would NOT like that.

AT&T has much better coverage. If there isn't a touch-screen Blackberry for AT&T within a year, I'm probably going to pick up the iPhone. Right now I'm using the Curve 8310, I love it, but I would like some upgrades. The web browser is so slow.

The Storm is a Verizon/Vodafone exclusive, at least for a year or something. I doubt AT&T will pick it up since they have the iPhone. Apple would NOT like that.

Wouldn't an unlocked one also work on sprint?

I think it's technically possible as far as the frequencies it uses, but whether Sprint would allow it is another matter.

I think it's technically possible as far as the frequencies it uses, but whether Sprint would allow it is another matter.

It uses a sim card so it should work, i'll check with their BB support and find out

The alarm feature with stand/charger is pretty damn cool. I'd use the hell out of that feature. The screen size and resolution looks gorgeous as well.

Great Video, Great Link. If its good enough for the World Champion elect its good enough for me

Yeah that and BB's lacking web browser make this phone unattractive to me.

Vids:

http://crackberry.com/new-vodafone-storm-action-demo-video

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/20/blackberry-storm-in-action-ad-nauseum/

Pics:
http://www.engadget.com/tag/BlackBerryStorm/

I don't know about you but the browser looks a HELL of a lot better then their current browser. At first I wasn't thrilled with this phone and was going for the iPhone in February, but I didn't want to lose Verizon. I'd be sacrificing all of my IN-contacts, which is my family and friends, and the great service we get here.

Now, I'm waiting and possibly may have the Storm much sooner then February! I can't wait...

Does anyone have any idea/guess what this will cost with a 2-yr under Verizon? I am thinking $300. The Curve started at $200 but quickly went to $150. Now its $99.

I want this phone so bad...

Nice video clip. I love my BB Pearl and the Storm I would get in a heartbeat if ATT would carry too.

Its a pitty sprint doesnt carry this phone. I find phones that are network locked to be annoying...id like this phone, hell i wouldnt mind having an iphone...but neither are offered through sprint...and sprints touch phones seem to not be all that great at least the ones ive used

So, vodafone is set to release their Storm this Friday. Hurry up Verizon! I want to be one of the idiots waiting on line for one already! I honestly can't wait for this phone...I'll finally be able to get rid of my POS Chocolate v2 :p

Rumors have it that it is supposed to be released by the end of the month.

Verizon's exclusivity is based on sales numbers, and from what I've been hearing,t he number is REALLY high. So high, it won't be exclusive for very long (or conversely, Verizon will eat a major loss and drop the price to the ground soon after launch).

As for getting the Storm on Sprint, as soon as the exclusivity drops, we'll have it. Unlocking it won't work though, as Sprint won't let a non-sprint ESN on their network. Trust me, I've been trying to find a backdoor so I could get one.

I pre-ordered mine today from Best Buy.

They want a $54 deposit (they tax the $50) which is applicable to the price of the phone.

The price and release date are unknown at this time, but they are projecting a $199-$249 price tag with a 11/17 delivery date.

I am fairly pumped about this device. Will be my 3rd blackberry (8700/curve/storm). So far the BB crowd seems to be pretty emotional about this device. I think it will sell really well.

I've never owned a blackberry before so I hope I'll like the platform

Back