Black Friday Gaming Build

Rustic

Limp Gawd
Is it a good time to purchase components around Black Friday?

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming mostly and web browsing. BF3 mostly. I tend to buy only new and big titles.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$2000 with tax and shipping

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Lafayette, Louisiana-USA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

-CPU
-Aftermarket CPU cooler?
-Motherboard
-Video card(s)
-PSU
-Ram
-Monitor 120HZ? 27''
-Sound Card(Asus DG?)
-SSD hard drive for games
-storage drive for music

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Black Edition of the HAF
Headphones AD700's

6) Will you be overclocking?
I tried but couldnt get it so probly not.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I would like to go 120 HZ on this so probly 1080P 27''

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
I can purchase all/some now. Or wait to see for holidays

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I have a family PC so unless it will help gaming performance I guess I dont need it. I have gone crossfire once and I wasnt too impressed and given my budget I dont think I will this time. I will probly want to go Nvidia

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
No.

Sorry if I missed something.

It's pretty difficult to lay out a build for Black Friday, since we don't know what prices will be available for a given list of parts, or what the availability will be. Some things sell out within minutes and go on back order for weeks. Other times, they make a pricing mistake, and your order is canceled. Or the website has a meltdown due to high traffic volume. It gets pretty hectic and unpredictable.

Windows 7 or 8?
Which HAF case? The HAF name is part of 7 different CM cases.

Its the 932 HAF.
I guess windows 7.
Windows 8 is mainly for touch screen?

Windows 8 is mainly for touch screen?

Not necessarily. It's also usable for desktops as well.

Anyway here's a prelim build:
$200 - Intel Core i5-3470 CPU
$230 - Asus P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 ATX Motherboard + Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit OEM
$71 - Corsair XMS3 CMX16GX3M4A1600C9 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
$380 - eVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GeForce GTX 670 2GB PCI-E Video Card
$200 - Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD
$130 - Samsung Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$18 - LG iHAS124-04 DVD Burner
$110 - Seasonic X650 Gold 650W Modular PSU
$48 - Asus Xonar DGX PCI-E x1 Sound Card
$30 - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus HSF for LGA 1366 and LGA 1156
-----
Total: $1417 plus tax and shipping.

I left out the monitor as I'm a tad out of date on that. Hit up the displays forum and ask for monitors recommendations. With that said, this thread is pretty active:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1675393

If I wanted to go SLI, Which video cards and which power supply should I go with? Does that change anything else of the system?(motherboard)

If I wanted to go SLI, Which video cards and which power supply should I go with? Does that change anything else of the system?(motherboard)

PSU and mobo wise, you're pretty much set as is. However as for which GPUs, that's depending on how much of your budget is left after choosing the monitor and what monitor you're going with.

So find your monitor and we can tell you what cards to go with. Though do note that for 1920x1080, you don't need SLI. If going 2560x1440+, then yes you will need SLI.

What UPC should I get for this PC?

I think I have decided on the samsung S27A950D monitor.

Should I go with GTX 670 or GTX 680?

I think I would like to go SLI this time.

I was looking at the MSI GTX 670's
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127675

I am looking at the Asus VG278HE now cause I cant wall mount the sammy. So I am good with the 2 GB cards, yes?

Question being there are some combos with the video card and ram. Can anyone point me to which one I should get please. (combo that is). I will be getting 2 cards so not sure how I should go about it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cs=0&bcmTag=0&SortField=0&PageSize=100&Page=1

I think I would like to go SLI this time.

I was looking at the MSI GTX 670's
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127675
Did you increase your budget? As it is now, with your current monitor choice and your plans for two GTX 670 cards, you're over your $2000 budget by at least $300. So did you increase your budget by $300?
I am looking at the Asus VG278HE now cause I cant wall mount the sammy. So I am good with the 2 GB cards, yes?
Yes but IMO that Asus is a bit overpriced for what it is. I just don't see how it's worth $500. Reading through the displays subforum, there's not much support for people wanting to buy that monitor.
Question being there are some combos with the video card and ram. Can anyone point me to which one I should get please. (combo that is). I will be getting 2 cards so not sure how I should go about it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cs=0&bcmTag=0&SortField=0&PageSize=100&Page=1

Again, did you increase your budget?

Yes sir, I increased it.

I figured that monitor was good cause it was quite a bit cheaper than the sammy. I also figured I should do SLI since I am going 120HZ.

I got the combos. If I go the with the korean monitor, do I need to be worried about vram being 2GB since it will be 1440p and 120hz~.?

I got the combos. If I go the with the korean monitor, do I need to be worried about vram being 2GB since it will be 1440p and 120hz~.?

Depends on the games. If it's a high-end game like BF3, then maybe.

Back