Black Friday Begins Sunday for Amazon

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are impatiently waiting for Black Friday to roll around so you can get beat to a pulp trying to get cheap Christmas gifts, Amazon has your back. Starting Sunday, all you have to do is camp out on Amazon’s website for the deals to appear with no pushing or shoving. :cool:

Im picking up a Vizio 70" LED for $998 from Sams Club on Sunday at the VIP event.

Has anyone ever had success with getting a lightening BF deal. Most deals are gone with in seconds, by those who use scripts :(

Hell why not just get a projector? 1920x1080 @ 70 inches seems too big.

...Which means you haven't seen one in person. It all depends on the space. In a dormroom, yeah, probably too big. There are a number of reasons to get an LCD over a projector. My fantastic Sharp 70" in a greatroom has no issues.

Black Friday is a clusterfuck now. Black Friday Preview, Early Black Friday, Five-Minutes Before Black Friday...please, just stop.

While a projector requires more preparation and room for it than a tv....there is no comparison if you can get both...the projector wins any time.

Black Friday is a clusterfuck now. Black Friday Preview, Early Black Friday, Five-Minutes Before Black Friday...please, just stop.

Agreed. It's all a rabid push to get shortcut the market and get there first. They'll keep leapfrogging each other till it's "Black November", "Black Latter Half of Year", till the inevitable "Black 360".

:)

Agreed. It's all a rabid push to get shortcut the market and get there first. They'll keep leapfrogging each other till it's "Black November", "Black Latter Half of Year", till the inevitable "Black 360".

:)

Best plan of attack is to make a list of exactly what you're going after and check prices before BF.

The keep an eye of those items exclusively and ignore all the other shit sales going on.

The best black friday deals that I have seen that I actually care about are those online stores that basically say "Screw it 20% off everything" and leave it at that. Now I'm not tempted to buy a brand I don't want because what I do want isn't on sale.

Black Friday? Being an e-tailer, wouldn't this be an early Cyber Monday, rather?

^ blurring lines since last time I checked Amazon is a bigger consumer "tailer" than all the B&M store retailers aside from say walmart

It couldn't possibly be worse than "Christmas season" beginning in September or October.

Not really. I watched movies on a Sony 70" SXRD from 6' it was fine. As for getting a projector, that's a great idea, IF you have a room where you can control all outside lighting. My parents have a huge living room, but there's no way, short of adding doors, buying opaque shades and keeping those shades down anytime my dad watches TV in the day.

In short, it's a completely unrealistic option. They could do it, but it's not what they want.

Black Friday? Being an e-tailer, wouldn't this be an early Cyber Monday, rather?

Cyber Monday has been a yawner for at least a year or 2. Last year, it was pretty much the same stuff as BF Weekend. In some cases, the prices went up or they just didn't have as much.

So far Both Newegg and Amazon have been pretty disappointing. I saw something on newegg.com's blackfriday page that was 9% off. Whooo.

I got some "exciting" flash deals from newegg in email this morning which were junk.

I used to have a 97" screen projector while it was amazing at night. It was HORRIBLE during the day. You couldnt see anything on the screen. The only way I would suggest getting a projector over a plasma/lcd is if you where able to completely blackout your living room, or had a basement type room.

I'm so glad I will never have to work a retail black Friday again. Never in one day have I experienced more rudeness from people supposedly shopping for a time of giving than I have on my 6 black Fridays in retail.

The sales really aren't even that great. I think last year the only things that caught my eye were cheap blurays and really cheap Tupperware. Same went for Cyber Monday and all the lightning deals. Nothing seemed to warrant taking the extra effort to get up and be ready to either go out shopping or be click happy.

As far as the projector vs tv crowd. Yea projectors are great if you have the environment for them but not everyone does and those who do need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that.

It couldn't possibly be worse than "Christmas season" beginning in September or October.

September? Try late July. When I worked at Michaels arts and crafts we would start getting xmas stuff in the middle of July. Hey I have an idea! Why don't we completely destroy any fun or expectations of the holiday and just sell it year round? Fucking retail. :rolleyes: /slit wrists

Yup. It's a huge sale cluserfuck. I don't see it as good for the consumer, either. Too confusing. It used to be you go out Friday morning and got good deals. Now, you go out Friday morning and they'll tell you that you missed the better deal on Tuesday when the price was $50 lower.... I'll shop online at Amazon and a few others. But, in store? Nope.

Back