• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Black Friday at Directron

Directron

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
453
Hi All,

Cyber Monday is live on Directron.com
Black Friday is also still going on at Directron.com

They can be directly reached via: http://www.directron.com/blackfriday.html?hardocp=1 / http://www.directron.com/cybermonday.html?hardocp=1 or you can go to the front page: http://www.directron.com/index.html?hardocp=1 and it's broken into 5 pages there.

Several new motherboard combo deals in the Cyber Monday Sale.

Based on comments, here are a few highlights, there are over 160 items in the sale:
(prices are before coupons, etc)

nMedia All-in-1 Card Readers: 99 Cents

Microsoft SideWinder X6 Gaming Keyboard: $33.99

Pixxo KB-9AA1 Keyboard and Mouse Combo: $6.99

Corsair H50: $65.99

Holiday Combo 16: Intel DP55WB Motherboard with Core i5 760 Quad-Core CPU, 8GB DDR3 1333 Memory: $394.99

White or Red NZXT Phantom Cases: $99.99

[LINKS TO SOLD OUT DEALS REMOVED]

General comments:

1) Coupon: hardocp25 yields 2.5% off. [$30 min order]
2) We only charge tax to Texas addresses.
3) Local pickup in Houston is operating normally w/ expanded parking like with a CAD event.
4) We did a kind of surprise mini-face lift over turkey day. If you're used to our site, it's fairly different.
5) I will reply to this thread if there are comments.
6) Most sale prices good through Monday [With additional stuff added Cyber Monday]. Stock Permitting.

Item Comments:
1) Yeah I know the monitor deals arn't that hot, manufacturers weren't interested this time around with us.
2) Decent Keyboard deals
3) No crazy 2TB deals. Best deal there is probably a Seagate 1TB at $54.99
4) We actually had some Video Card GTX470 / 580 stuff lined up but had a run on it before the sale started. Dropped last second due to no stock.
5) We'll replace sold out items a few times throughout the sale, so items may change a bit. Sale section lasts through Cyber Monday -- but we'll have some additional stuff on CM.
 
Last edited:
the price on the nzxt phantoms makes it look very very tempting. I would definitely get myself the red one but I'm broke at the moment.

oh and when using the coupon code provided by OP, your purchase has to be at least $30.00.
 
Some good combo deals on ram/mobo/cpu but individual items like blu-ray burners or ram are cheper on newegg.
 
good prices on MS peripherals for those interested:
the $34 x6 keyboard is a nice deal, i love mine
$27 for the ms natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 is a good price
$9 explorer mini bluetrack wireless mouse is nice

these deals also stuck out for me:
the $40 640gb wd greenpower should be cheaper than newegg due to taxes (newegg has free shipping)
$85 for 6gb ddr3 is nice since it is low latency version
$5 ram cooler is good price too, for those looking for one

i think if i was looking for these things i probably would have bought all of them lol.
 
Good price on the Intel 1156 combo. Some good deals in there. Shame about the video cards though :(

Thanks for trying though!
 
Added a list of items at the top based on comments. We'll add in a few more items to the sale around 3pm to wipe out sold outs.
 
I like how Directron sort of apologizes for the deals posted. I don't think I have ever seen a vendor do that before. Funny / good stuff.
 
Meh, I figured there'd be a little less thread crapping that way. Maybe get some of the answers out of the way ahead of time.
 
wow i wish i would have seen your impressive activity in the forums before i started buying for my system!

bottom line up front: what are the chances on offering some discounts on APO shipping during the sale?

i've always loved directron (my first PC builds were with orders from directron),=, and the prices were pretty good for the components that i bought yesterday. however, after seeing the APO costs, I had to move to newegg and amazon to keep costs down. keep in mind APO shipping costs the same as mailing to NYC, but the fact it has to be sent via USPS adds to the time/cost required, and i understand that.

i'm stationed in germany for the next 2 years but currently deployed in afghanistan, ordering stuff for when i get back (early january), but the extra shipping costs forced me to stay away from directron this time around. i still have to buy a video card, monitor, and maybe some other small peripherals, and i'd love to go with directron, but right now the APO shipping costs are killing it for me.

if you can't do anything for it, that's fine and i wish you the best! thanks for reading
 
We're not really trying to be high on the APO/FPO shipping, it's more that the online system doesn't necessarily calc that well for USPS.

What I can do is offer you much more accurate shipping after the fact. One option here is to place your order with payment method "Credit Card Via Phone", and then PM me your order number. What I can do then is have customer service get the real cost and give you a more accurate cost and if it's acceptable you can just phone in the payment or I can have a rep call, or you can use another method like Paypal at that time and complete out the order.
 
Just a friendly thumbs up for Directron, I've been ordering parts on and off from them for something like 10 years now
 
We're not really trying to be high on the APO/FPO shipping, it's more that the online system doesn't necessarily calc that well for USPS.

What I can do is offer you much more accurate shipping after the fact. One option here is to place your order with payment method "Credit Card Via Phone", and then PM me your order number. What I can do then is have customer service get the real cost and give you a more accurate cost and if it's acceptable you can just phone in the payment or I can have a rep call, or you can use another method like Paypal at that time and complete out the order.

Got to admit, this is beyond awesome customer service. Thanks for helping the guy out as best you can. Glad you, and even the other reps, are here on the forums helping us all out.
 
We completely have run out of the Noctua NH-D14 120/140mm Cooler [$69.99] and also about 10 other items. As a replacement for the NH-D14 we're going to start running the Thermalright Silver Arrow with a $7 instant rebate after our next update cycle [7pm ish CST].

Only 2 XFX 6870s left.

Netgear Rangemax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router, Model: WNDR3700. [$119.99] is selling very fast. Probably will sell out before Monday.

Notable other items gone: A-DATA 64GB SSDs, most of the Trendnet stuff, Kingwin memory cooler. Everything gone in the sale is being replaced, just not necessarily with a like item. [# of items in sale is staying the same]
 
Last edited:
I see some great deals up there and I love the feedback you provide in this forum!

I was looking at the nice 8gb usb flash drive deal (http://www.directron.com/dt100g28gbz.html) for $12.99, but was really hoping for a high quality 16gb at or below $20. Think you guys will have anything like that for CM or coming up soon after? Like http://www.directron.com/pef16gusb.html, but not necessarily that one just one of that quality level. I have gone through several of those cheap little swivel ones.
 
Well... unfortunately the patriot one isn't going to drop quite that low in the near future. There might be something on that the first full week of December, but not to sub $20. The Kingston 101 may drop a bit for CM, but not sub $20. Mostly it's PQI in the 19.99 sweet spot right now.

Tell you what though, I can probably offer the sale price or close to it a bit early for the patriot.

hard112710 - $9.00 off -
Patriot 16GB Xporter XT Boost USB2.0 Flash Drive, Model: PEF16GUSB
http://www.directron.com/pef16gusb.html

Good til 11/30 - Only have 3 in stock right now though. [Stock isn't here for sale yet].
 
It doesn't have to be the patriot model, but something that is higher quality than those pqi and the kingston 101's. I have gone through 4 of those in the last 8 months or so, and I want something a little more sturdy and not too sluggish on transfers. If you know any other models please let me know.

I will keep that $9 off on the patriot in mind while I wait to see what you will have on CM. The patriot still comes out to ~$30 shipped with that coupon....I was about to bite at 25.99 but didn't realize there was shipping on it lol. I do thank you very much for trying, and I will keep checking your site and your threads for items!
 
1) Cyber Monday Now Live on Directron.

2) ACTS 840 is in there with a small price dip.
 
We are based in Houston, TX. All shipping is calculated based on ship from of:
10402 Harwin Drive, Houston, TX 77036

Washington is near the furthest point from us. Our current shipping rate is our UPS Charge [From UPS] minus $4 with no box fee. If you are used to ordering from a California vendor, you'll notice a $3 or so difference because of the distance. If you were say in Louisiana -- Shipping is dirty cheap. We charge no tax except to Texas addresses.

As far as prices go -

There are several items in the Cyber Monday sale that were not part of the Black Friday sale at all, and basically this is the last day to get the Black Friday deals. A lot of the manufacturers will pull back end rebates at the end of the day today - so this is the last hurrah for several of the items .. and not just at our site.

A few items in the Black Friday section also experienced minor price drops and were moved over to Cyber Monday -- major ones will get a ton of people calling you complaining about price matching. Also some of the replacement items for Black Friday that were not previously advertised were moved. [ Like the Silver Arrow]. A few items that are unique to the sale are:

*Free Ground Shipping* GWC AN2465 USB Display Adapter, Works with all VGA and DVI-I Displays
http://www.directron.com/an2465.html : $51.99

*Free UPS Ground Shipping* Hauppauge 1128 Hybrid Video Recorder WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit, NSTC/ATSC/QAM Support, w/ FM Radio and MCE Remote.
http://www.directron.com/wintvhvr1800.html : $99.88

Seagate Momentus XT 500GB SATA 3 Gb/s Internal Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive ST95005620AS, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
http://www.directron.com/st95005620as.html : $117.99

Kinamax USB 2.0 Webcam Camera WCM-6LNV, 6-LED Infrared Night-Vision, w/ Audio Microphone, Brown Box
http://www.directron.com/wcm6lnv.html : $9.88

Also bare in mind that the 2.5% off coupon I posted at the top of this thread is still active for the rest of today.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top