Black Friday 2010

I love in the BB ad it has a "deal" in which you can get a screen cleaning kit, power strip, and HDMI cable for ONLY $199. Shit, I can make my own screen cleaning kit for about 5 dollars, get a power strip for 10, and an HDMI cable for $4-$6. Its amazing how stupid people will be buying these thinking they are saving money.

the two that im hoping for are $1/gig SSDs, and $75 5770s.

from the few ads ive seen this year, and i hate to say this, walmart is the only place that has anything im interested in. batman begins and the dark knight blu rays for 5 dollars each, and the god of war remastered collection for 10.

ill probably head out late friday afternoon and see if i can pick those up. if not, ill see if i can price match some place.

You wont get those deals late in the afternoon. Most stores end the deals at noon and many others at 11am.

I always wonder about those console bundles. Is it just me or if you wanted a PS3 or a 360 you would have gotten one by now?? I mean some BF deal is really probably $10 better than other deals that have come and gone...

I always wonder about those console bundles. Is it just me or if you wanted a PS3 or a 360 you would have gotten one by now?? I mean some BF deal is really probably $10 better than other deals that have come and gone...
what kind of logic is that? people still buy comps, televisions and everything else so why do think console sales would stop?

what kind of logic is that? people still buy comps, televisions and everything else so why do think console sales would stop?

Just cause the percent markdown on the consoles isn't very significant. For comps and televisions, you often see huge discounts at certain times of the year, but it's rare to see a console on sale for a huge discount. What I'm saying is that who would be enticed by a marginal discount on a PS3 now that wasn't enticed by so many of the other sales that are constantly going on. (besides buying for xmas gifts)

I guess what I'm saying is just an extension of what's already been said before - that the sales are meh at best.

There could be any number of reasons why people don't buy PS3s or Xbox 360s until some later time. No time, no money, no inclination, etc.

There could be any number of reasons why people don't buy PS3s or Xbox 360s until some later time. No time, no money, no inclination, etc.

Don't forget waiting for the bugs to be worked out of the new gens of the consoles. :D
Look at the mess of the 360 with the RROD disaster then they bring out this new black model. Sony goes from the honking gigantic machine to this slim version they have now. Smaller casing could mean more heat etc. People want to know their investment will last and not be a statistic in a year or two.

I would love to find a good deal on a good high power UPS.

Seems like the BF deals are always on the 350W models.....which might power my monitors. lol. Definitely wouldn't power most of my PCs.

Has anyone seen any good HSF deals for black friday? frozencpu had alot of watercooling stuff, but I'm looking for aircooling.

Best I've seen so far is the Thermalright Venomous X for 50 dollars, which i may bite on if nothing better comes along.

Anyone else seen anything?

Newegg has/had hyper 212+ for $15. It'll be close to a thermalright for a fraction of the price.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I would love to find a good deal on a good high power UPS.

Seems like the BF deals are always on the 350W models.....which might power my monitors. lol. Definitely wouldn't power most of my PCs.

Last year I bought 3 ES450 UPS's for $18 each.

You could just get 2-3 of them.

Walmart is just crazy for their 12:01AM stuff. I went for a few blu-rays. Completely rediculous, so many people I couldn't even see what was in the display pallets. There were no signs over the pallets, to list prices, or what was in them, or even when they went on sale. A lot of people ripped into the 5AM stuff (they should have known better, but was still poorly handled). I couldn't find any of the $10 DVDs that were listed.

Ended up picking up one of the last Dark Knights, Batman Begins and I,Robot on Blu-Ray. I ended up finding a stack of Dark Knights and passed them over my head to random people -- my good deed for the day.

Anybody know of decent monitors on sale for an eyefinity setup I want to do? Preferably with displayport.

I went to Walmart as well; only spent $40 or so, mostly on $5 blu-ray films and some cheap dishes for my roommates.

I did jump on the 7.99 LOTR Blu-ray deal; for that price, why not?

I possibly just scored a 42'' Panasonic 1080P Plasma from Buy.com for $298 shipped!!!. Everyone on SD was going for it, and sneaky Buy.com the low price didn't show unless you proceeded to checkout. Needless to say I have my email confirmation and others are reporting sold out (within about 10 minutes after the deal went live) so hopefully my offer is good and this TV will ship soon! :D

Tomorrow I go to Target to get my 2TB external. :)

Last edited:
I possibly just scored a 42'' Panasonic 1080P Plasma from Buy.com for $298 shipped!!!. Everyone on SD was going for it, and sneaky Buy.com the low price didn't show unless you proceeded to checkout. Needless to say I have my email confirmation and others are reporting sold out (within about 10 minutes after the deal went live) so hopefully my offer is good and this TV will ship soon! :D

Also got in on the Panasonic deal. Couldn't believe it, almost had a heart attack.

Buy.com screwed some people who quickly purchased it without looking at the shipping cost. They put the default shipping at $150 and you had to choose budget to get free shipping.

I got the buy.com deal as well. I nearly paid for the $150 shipping as well....last second catch!!!

Also got in on the Panasonic deal. Couldn't believe it, almost had a heart attack.

Buy.com screwed some people who quickly purchased it without looking at the shipping cost. They put the default shipping at $150 and you had to choose budget to get free shipping.

I've used Buy.com enough in the past to know that the free 7-9 day shipping option is never selected by default. ;)

went to walmart last night at 11:45pm and the whole parking lot was full and the business next door lot was full also, and it was raining so I drove back home and went this morning at 9:30am and got the Desktop PC deal and the wireless all in one printer deal. Was told to show up at midnite and would be given a number. The only thing that I didnt see were the DVD's. Everything else was still available including both laptops.

Just got the Panasonic plasma canceled on me by Buy.com. Got a $50 gift certificate out of it though.

Those PS3 bundles at $299.99 are MSRP as far as I'm concerned so not interested.
Dell did have a deal last night, but it was sold out before I got to it.

Back