Black case screws?

Musei

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
69
I'm looking for some black case screws (either hex or buttonhead) for a project, but I can only find thumbscrews, anyone have a line on these?
 
Have you thought about spray painting your screws before using them?? You could save yourself a lot of $$$$. You'll just have to be carefull while turning the screwdriver so you don't trash the finish.
 
Yeah, I thought about painting some, but wanted to keep with the black anodized look. I can find silver at HD and Lowes, but nothing in black. Thanks for the link Frank, I'll check there. (Oh, and Xoxide only has thumbscrews from what I can find but thanks!)
 
http://www.fastener-express.com/browseproducts/Index37.html

Black Oxide is what you see on a lot of steel screws. It'll be fine for your needs, and they have a wide assortment.

I've worked with their aluminum screws before, and they use some crappy alloy. But after a nice buff job they clean up pretty well and look great on a case.

Both button and socket head.
 
In my experience, home depot and lowes really don't have a very wide selection of screws and fasteners. They have plenty of the common ones, but beyond that they just don't have much. Westlake, though, has all sorts of awesome screws. I was just up there yesterday getting screws and stuff, and I got some nice looking black hexhead screws. Westlake can be a bit expensive, though, but if you only need a few then it's usually not too bad.

I've painted screwheads before, and it looked pretty damn sweet until I actually used the screws. The paint just comes off so easily.
 
That's perfect, thanks a ton Stiltner! (Glad to see you're still on here after all the time I've been away!)
 
Use a permanent marker and color them black. $1.99 or less for one.
 
Back
Top