Black Antec Sonata II w/450w Psu $50 AR free shipping ($50 MIR)

Anyone have this case?

Considering it for my new build...

I've built more than 50 of these cases before, I always liked them. Takes longer than most mainstream cases to build but it is high quality.

I've had one for roughly a year. The power supply is really hit or miss, it'll prob. fail within a year or less.

I've had this case for almost a year, and it's really great. The power supply has yet to give me any trouble, and is very quiet.

front door for the lose

dunno why but i've begun to hate cases with front doors

the frontdoorless versions of this case (some of the older solution series) are great....

some of the smallest, most compact ATX cases you can find... great for LANs where you don't want to have to settle for a crappily overclocking mATX board for your gaming rig

Door sucks, but for a case and PSU, this is a great deal.

The Door's trivially easy to remove and the case doesn't look bad with it off. It's not going to win a beauty contest by any means but is a decent case for a spare system of if you're on a tight budget.

I've had one for roughly a year. The power supply is really hit or miss, it'll prob. fail within a year or less.

Are the PSU failures random, or do they only occur if you push it too hard?

Last year, I built a Sonata+E6300+GF6100 system for someone (using the stock power supply), and am worried that it will die on them.

i had this case for more than a year and never had any problem with the PSU. i actually replaced the PSU with a 500w just for the heck of it:D

fwiw, i had to RMA a psu with antec and they were very good. Folks were polite, knowledgeable, reasonable, helpful. Vastly better than most other tech companies these days. In my case, it was almost 3 years and i couldn't find my receipt--- they sold me the new psu and refunded it when they received the burnt one.

Back