Bitfenix prodigy 4k Angel

Angelod

n00b
Hey guys im new here, i dont know where to post this. Its almost 3am here. lol. Anyway my birthday is coming up and I wanted to build my first computer. I`m interested in 4k and want to really give it a go. I will be using my computer for web surfing and looking at 4k content at 60fps. I also want to play future pc games at 1440p and 4k. I will be getting the zotac gtx 1080ti amp extreme edition. Heres what I have instore for my pc wishlist

Intel Core i7-6700K SkyLake 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 Boxed Processor

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit - USB Drive

ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Impact LGA 1151 mITX Intel Motherboard

Corsair CX Series CX750M 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply

AOC U2879VF 28" FreeSync 4K LED Monitor

Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 USB Sound Card w/ Headphone Amp

SanDisk 240GB SSD Plus

SanDisk 480GB SSD Plus

Seagate Barracuda 4TB 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM X2

GTX 1080TI ZOTAC 10 AMP EXTREME EDITION

So yea this is my list, I know its over 2k and im saving my money. I just wanted to know if I could fit all this into a bit fenix prodigy case, and if it will be powerful enough for 4K gaming at ease. I also want to look at the option of watercooling. I heard its great vs air cooled. i would be open to watercooling if it would fit. And if I knew how to change the water and etc. :)

Intel Core i7-6700K SkyLake 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 Boxed Processor

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit - USB Drive

ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Impact LGA 1151 mITX Intel Motherboard

*Why not go with a Z270 board? ASUS has a mini ITX Z270 board and it's cheaper with similar features.*

Corsair CX Series CX750M 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply

*I would highly recommend a power supply from EVGA. They source a high quality OEM for parts called Super Flower, while at the same time being cheaper and more reliable than Corsair. I recommend the EVGA 650 P2. You don't really need more than 600W for a PC like this.*

AOC U2879VF 28" FreeSync 4K LED Monitor

*This is one area where you won't be able to save money for a better product, unfortunately. AOC is near the bottom of the rung and I'd avoid them. Save up some money and go for the newer Dell S2817Q. You'll get better quality out of the box and much better customer service support, if needed.*

Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 USB Sound Card w/ Headphone Amp

SanDisk 240GB SSD Plus

SanDisk 480GB SSD Plus

Seagate Barracuda 4TB 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM X2

*If you value your data I'd avoid Seagate. Again, I think it's worth it spending a little more here, especially on spinners, and go for enterprise class drives like Western Digital Reds.*

GTX 1080TI ZOTAC 10 AMP EXTREME EDITION
*This video card won't fit in the Bitfenix prodigy case. You're limited to a maximum length of 320mm if you're dead set on that case, and this card is nearly 400mm long. The ASUS STRIX OC or MSI Gaming X are good alternatives that will fit the case.*

So yea this is my list, I know its over 2k and im saving my money. I just wanted to know if I could fit all this into a bit fenix prodigy case, and if it will be powerful enough for 4K gaming at ease. I also want to look at the option of watercooling. I heard its great vs air cooled. i would be open to watercooling if it would fit. And if I knew how to change the water and etc. :)
Don't forget RAM. G.Skill and HyperX are good brands to look at with a good price to performance ratio. If you go with the Z270 board with DDR4 get the fastest modules that are compatible with the board. DDR4-3200 is a good place to start.

The Prodigy has good air flow for a mini ITX case, so you could stick with air cooling if you want. If you decide on water I would recommend a novice stick with AIO kits (though we all have to break our cherry sometime). Just watch out for how the pump is connected because the ASUS boards mentioned above have no USB 2.0 headers. Also keep in mind that the Prodigy only has room for 120mm or 140mm radiators, and it's going to be a tight fit for routing the tubing.

This PC though will be about as good as it gets for a reasonably priced system in the mini ITX form factor running games in 4K. Just don't feel bad about lowering settings in some games to reach 60 FPS because not even a Titan Xp can max out every game in 4K by itself.

What Armenius said, but I've also heard good things about the ASUS PG27AQ and ACER PREDATOR XB321HK, but these are getting up there in price. Seemed silly to get a 1080ti and go with a FreeSync monitor anyway, but if the OP wants just 4K there are more choices (affordable ones), versus 4K and G-Sync.

thanks for your replies! So my 4k angel is the best of the best huh? nice to know! :) I`ll look up the products you guys suggested and look at pricing. Thanks for warning me of the 4k monitor. At micro center its there for 369. I`ll look at dell.

I would go Kaby Lake for 4K media, though the 1080 should cover the decoding.

Again, I think it's worth it spending a little more here, especially on spinners, and go for enterprise class drives like Western Digital Reds.*
Great post, but this is the only thing I have to nitpick.

WD Reds are anything BUT enterprise class. Red Pros are getting closer, but are still not enterprise class. WD Golds are the enterprise class.
That being said, OP doesn't need enterprise class in his computer. The reds should suffice, but I recommend the 4TB Hitachi's for a few bucks more.

i wanted 10tb of memory for my computer, let me look this up. hold on, thanks for your input

so with these small changes I could have possibly the best mini itx 4k system? :)

whats a good g-sync 4k monitor thats a reasonable price, thank you for your reply

whats a good g-sync 4k monitor thats a reasonable price, thank you for your reply
You're looking at at least $800 to start for a new 4K G-Sync monitor, or more than double the price of a static refresh rate monitor of the same size. G-Sync is a very nice thing to have, but it isn't a necessity. If I had a static refresh rate monitor I would just run V-Sync off all the time and take advantage of Fast Sync in the NVIDIA drivers.

Yeah don't get a 1080Ti + Freesync monitor. It makes no sense, Freesync only work with AMD cards and they have no 4k cards unless you want to run 2 or more (not recommended).
Also, why do you need so much HDD space? 4TB? Are you doing video editing? I think getting a good M.2 SSD (Like Samsung 960 Evo or Pro 512gb) and a 1-2TB external HDD for random stuff is more than enough. Especially for gaming.

He mentioned 4K video, so whether that is downloading, creating, or otherwise, that stuff takes up a lot of space.

hey guys got back from micro center, i have a more updated list regarding my pc, going to cost me possibly 3k. :p Anyway I`m using the computer for youtube and gameplay recording at 1080p. Maybe some streaming but at like 720p. Writing rap songs and playing some games at 4k, using mods and having fun on rpgs on steam :)

hey guys im back with an updated list concerning my pc, its going to cost me about 2800

Processor: I7 7700K $300

CPU cooler: Cooler master hyper T4 $30

Motherboard: Asus ROG strix z270G $200

Memory: Crucial DDR4 16gb $120

Solid State: Samsung 850 evo 250gb $100

Hard state: Seagate 8tb $260

Video Card: Asus GTX 1080 TI (open to the oc version if its more powerful out the box) $780

Case: Bitefenix prodigy $84

Power supply: EVGA 650 P2 $130

Wireless Adapter: Asus ac 1200/w bluetooth $40

OP System: Windows 10 home edition USB $120

Monitor Acer XG27OHU WQHD monitor $400

SSD2: Samsung 850 evo 500gb $180

HHD2: Seagate 4tb. $100

This is my list starting today, I was going to get that sound blaster X but its not a speaker its a amplifyer :p. I`ma get me some speakers under 100. I bought me samsung SSD with 500gb. I think thats enough regarding SSD memory. As for HDD I was going to have 12tb but I think 8tb will be fine. Or heck even 10tb of memory. I want to be as future proof as possible as you can see. :)

Even with the price cuts I`m still looking at high 2k range, which is fine. Now ive found some cheaper 4K monitors at 27` but they are IPS. They looked nice and the reviews are nice but I want to know if it will be good for gaming and youtube/gameplay recording at 1080p and streaming at 1080p.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I asked the clerk at micro center if this was the best of the best, he said it was the absolute best for an itx case and it was nearly untouchable with any other build he`s seen! That made me happy, what do you guys think?

Back