BitFenix new Mini ITX Lan-Party Case

Newegg is listing them, NCIXUS has them listed as "Mid June." I can't believe I'm as excited as I am to get my hands on this case! I just can't decide if I want to black of the white one....

bourne,

Think it would be relatively painless to put a 2x140 up top? For "painless" reference (according to Anand), i'll have no issue modding the PSU bay front panel (if necessary) to accept my X-750.

Still... These are enthusiast cases. The white version should have had front mesh as well...

So the bitfenix rep continuously says that the solid front won't affect temperature by more than a couple of degrees......and people continue to argue with him.

Yep, this is the [H]ardForum.

HEY BOURNE!

thanks for coming on this board and helping us all out, we're really looking forward to the release of this case. i know some [H] members can be a little demanding and/or ungrateful sometimes, so i just wanted to make sure that you knew that we are also very appreciative of the communication. its great having reps from different companies here on the boards to answer questions and i really dont want to see you scared away by the vocal minority that is never satisfied. a lot of us come here just to get info and dont even post, so dont feel like your efforts are for nothing. i have posted once or twice in this thread but ive read the whole thing. this is a beautiful case, very functional and original, and i think it will be very popular. thanks again.

I second what ekuest said. Some people on here act like pissy little children. I think considering the price, and this is their first attempt at making such a chasis, It seems pretty positive. I look forward to what they can come up with in the future

I read the anandtech review and it mentioned the difficulties with power supplies over 140mm
I have several Q08's That I use for servers. I use This to use to gain more space for power supply clearance. After the pictures I saw in the review I think the lian li power supply extension would work for the BitFenix case as well. I would like to get the reps opinion to see if he thinks it would fit.

You guys don't get it. Employees that come here are also looking for feedback on what should be changed on current models so that the changes can be implemented on followup versions. I do agree though that some people could have said it or gone about it a different way.

You guys don't get it. Employees that come here are also looking for feedback on what should be changed on current models so that the changes can be implemented on followup versions. I do agree though that some people could have said it or gone about it a different way.

no i get it. threads like this arent for free advertising for companies, its for the community to give feedback and the company to give info. i think its great that people are asking for things, venting their frustrations, etc. i just want to make sure the rep knows that his hours spent helping us are appreciated so he doesnt pack up and leave like some people have in the past who didnt feel appreciated.

I read the anandtech review and it mentioned the difficulties with power supplies over 140mm
I have several Q08's That I use for servers. I use This to use to gain more space for power supply clearance. After the pictures I saw in the review I think the lian li power supply extension would work for the BitFenix case as well. I would like to get the reps opinion to see if he thinks it would fit.

That's what I thought too when I saw one of the video reviews. Maybe Bourne can chime in on if it's possible to use the LiLi PSU extender.....

bourne,

Think it would be relatively painless to put a 2x140 up top? For "painless" reference (according to Anand), i'll have no issue modding the PSU bay front panel (if necessary) to accept my X-750.
Natively, it does not support 2x140 radiator on the top. This is because of the size of the case. Any bigger and people will complain (people are already noting the size already) The
280mm is a REALLY tight fit (if not, it won't fit due to the barbs) given the fact that the case is about 330mm deep internally.
A thing with Power Supplies, is that 160mm will fit. That's what a full sized ATX power supply spec is. However, with every PSU manufacturer, they use cables that are not standard in the industry. Some will use thin black cables that are super flexible (Not as flexible as our alchemy, but flexible), but some will use thick bundled cables wrapped in sleeving that take up so much space to bend them.

Take the HX650 for example. That will fit.

Again, there's no problems using PSU's over 140mm. Not even 150mm. 160mm is the limit. The cables that are on the PSU is the issue, not the size. Every PSU is different.

We don't mind people talking about flaws of our cases. But things like the front IO, it's the endless discussion with "Should cases be on the floor or on the desk" It's all about the end user's life style. You can't please everyone. Put it on the front panel, people will complain that when placed on the ground, a naughty foot could bend the USB's. Put it on the top, people will say they cant fit the case in their cubby hole. Put it on the side, again another naughty foot...

Most of it is opinionated, and we'll take that consideration even if people can't keep their hands and feet to themselves.

That's what I thought too when I saw one of the video reviews. Maybe Bourne can chime in on if it's possible to use the LiLi PSU extender.....
You can use the PSU extender if you would like more room for much larger PSU's

Natively, it does not support 2x140 radiator on the top. This is because of the size of the case. Any bigger and people will complain (people are already noting the size already) The
280mm is a REALLY tight fit (if not, it won't fit due to the barbs) given the fact that the case is about 330mm deep internally.
A thing with Power Supplies, is that 160mm will fit. That's what a full sized ATX power supply spec is. However, with every PSU manufacturer, they use cables that are not standard in the industry. Some will use thin black cables that are super flexible (Not as flexible as our alchemy, but flexible), but some will use thick bundled cables wrapped in sleeving that take up so much space to bend them.

Take the HX650 for example. That will fit.

Again, there's no problems using PSU's over 140mm. Not even 150mm. 160mm is the limit. The cables that are on the PSU is the issue, not the size. Every PSU is different.

We don't mind people talking about flaws of our cases. But things like the front IO, it's the endless discussion with "Should cases be on the floor or on the desk" It's all about the end user's life style. You can't please everyone. Put it on the front panel, people will complain that when placed on the ground, a naughty foot could bend the USB's. Put it on the top, people will say they cant fit the case in their cubby hole. Put it on the side, again another naughty foot...

Most of it is opinionated, and we'll take that consideration even if people can't keep their hands and feet to themselves.

You can use the PSU extender if you would like more room for much larger PSU's

I realize the cables are the issue but the fact the power extension works fixes the only big issue in my book. You sir just made a sale:D

I can't wait till Newegg gets these in stock. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell out the first batch.

That was directed at me? I don't even get a "Hi"? I don't dodge questions if I know for certain it was for me. The guy below you had answered your question, FYI..

Theres no mesh on the white version because of aesthetic reasons. There is also little to no difference in temperature. Noise levels will be ever so slightly increased, depending on how many jet sounding fans you throw in there.

My apologies. That was a very bad day when I posted that. Sometimes it gets the better of me. :(

The guy below had a suggestion yes....but I perfer the direct source. LOL!!

Just now finding out about the SSD mounts on the back panel makes me want this case even more. <3 BitFenix.

some of the pictures show a couple of screws that seem to be attaching them to the case. but it also looks like part of the handle kind of makes up part of the side panel. so while a good chance you could remove them, you would be left with a (i'm estimating) 1 inch gap on the top.

'Ooh, you are awful!' :D
My apologies.. My sense of humor is very bad at times...
P.S Was it also you who had sent an email to our support team regarding this issue to?
White showing in stock at NCIX right now. Too bad shipping kills it for me.
NCIXUSA has it shipped for free. On the top of the page, it actually says it's shipping time frame, so it actually isn't in stock yet.
Is it possible to remove the plastic handle?
Swedish Overclockers has a picture of it somewhere on their thread somewhere around the 2-7th page of their video review comment thread. I'm actually at Computex hunched over in a corner on wifi typing on my Asus T91 at the moment so I can't find it right away. Maybe someone could chime in on this. Anyways, It looks horrible with the handles off.

BTW. The dimensions we advertise, includes the front panel, the screws in the back, and the top and bottom handles. This is NOT the internal dimensions. We put in the maximum dimensions in case someone wants to put it in the cubby hole or something like that.

Last edited:
It would probably look bad, but can the mesh front of the black model be used on the white model?

Last edited:
It would probably look bad, but can the mesh front of the black model be used on the white model?

Why not just paint the black white instead.....? Honestly, that makes the most sense to me for those that want the black's look but in white.

White is a difficult color to match. It would be better if BitFenix could sell replacement white mesh fronts for those with the white models that want the mesh front.

BitFenix could put mesh on the white version, put out 8 different colors, include a $20 bill in every case and you guys would still find something to complain about.

My apologies.. My sense of humor is very bad at times...

Sorry, I was riffing on Dick Emery, a famous British actor and comedian. Obvious lost in translation there.

P.S Was it also you who had sent an email to our support team regarding this issue to?

Yes.

You may be interested in this link about errant feet.

Linked post said:
Another a peeve I forgot: we keep the computer tower on the floor under the desk for space considerations. On top of the tower is the modem, router, my external DVD player/burner, and my external harddrive. All of them are duct-taped to the tower because my mother cannot sit down at the computer without kicking or otherwise knocking these devices to the floor. She cannot understand why finding these devices knocked to the floor and kicked across the room or otherwise pushed farther under the desk makes me livid. (And, yes, there is plenty of legroom.)

You can imagine the effect on ports placed on the side.

Releasing front panels in either color (that customers can purchase) would make more sense than selling four different versions of the case (black / black, white / white, etc.). Why not? The big guys all sell replacement parts...

Releasing front panels in either color (that customers can purchase) would make more sense than selling four different versions of the case (black / black, white / white, etc.). Why not? The big guys all sell replacement parts...

And there you go -- it wouldn't take too much of a stock order increase for those particular parts either, as I doubt everyone purchasing the case would look for a different colored front panel.

It doesn't even have to be "marketed". Surely BitFenix would have some on hand as replacements in case a customer gets a defective one? I've purchased replacement parts like this from Silverstone, Antec and Corsair.

It doesn't even have to be "marketed". Surely BitFenix would have some on hand as replacements in case a customer gets a defective one? I've purchased replacement parts like this from Silverstone, Antec and Corsair.

We don't have a parts store. However if your white case came defective with a bad front panel, we'll ship you with the same front panel it's supposed to come with. Same with the black.

Any interest in an additional income stream at an negligible increase in operating cost, bourne? :D

This might be an idea :)

Hey Bourne, quick question regarding the logo on the front of the case...

I saw in an unboxing that someone had easily removed the logo from the front of the case... if I sent an SASE to you guys could I get a black logo for my black case? Any chance I could get a non-black, non-white logo, and if so do you have a pallette I can choose from?

I have a preorder in with NCIX US and I've spent about 10 hours designing my build already! It's getting hard to wait for the case to ship! :)

And since you are looking for critique/feedback, I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate a detailed interior measurement of the power supply cage! That's been one of the most difficult parts of planning this is figuring out the exact length the molex connectors on the back of a modular power supply can be while still fitting inside the cage! (I finally went with a 140mm long solution and assumed the molex connectors wouldn't need more than about 10-12mm clearance from the back of the PSU, FYI.) Specifically I will be ordering this PSU: Seasonic M12II Bronze 520 Watt Modular PSU Regarding marketing I think having better detailed measurements available for the public has been a slight shortcoming with the case, otherwise I'm diggin' it!

This site here is HardOCP - if you cannot mod your own mesh front-panel, you're in trouble :p

ps: For the record, I got the white one, and will mod my own mesh for the front. Thanx for this option, Bitfenix, much obliged.

Decided to use the contact button on their website to request ORANGE! :) Gotta' love a colorful mITX case, hopefully they can come through (even if it costs me a bit more) and get me something truly unique to showcase my new build!

My buddies and I are going to take a look at the non-video card side of the case to see if a window or two could be modded on without too much difficulty. The initial thoughts were to tastefully use some UV lighting with acrylic to put my gamer tag on there, and if I'm feeling particularly daring maybe the Apeture Science logo so it can be "The Orange Box". :) The logo might be a bit much, though, so just a gamer tag and a window might be sufficient (and easier.)

Hey Bourne, quick question regarding the logo on the front of the case...

I saw in an unboxing that someone had easily removed the logo from the front of the case... if I sent an SASE to you guys could I get a black logo for my black case? Any chance I could get a non-black, non-white logo, and if so do you have a pallette I can choose from?

I have a preorder in with NCIX US and I've spent about 10 hours designing my build already! It's getting hard to wait for the case to ship! :)

And since you are looking for critique/feedback, I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate a detailed interior measurement of the power supply cage! That's been one of the most difficult parts of planning this is figuring out the exact length the molex connectors on the back of a modular power supply can be while still fitting inside the cage! (I finally went with a 140mm long solution and assumed the molex connectors wouldn't need more than about 10-12mm clearance from the back of the PSU, FYI.) Specifically I will be ordering this PSU: Seasonic M12II Bronze 520 Watt Modular PSU Regarding marketing I think having better detailed measurements available for the public has been a slight shortcoming with the case, otherwise I'm diggin' it!

Regarding sending a SASE, no. We do not send out any other "colors" as they're not in production and the only ones we have are prototypes that are not for public eyes..
PSU cage is 180mm with space on both sides of the case. There's equal amount of space on both sides of the PSU and the case is 250mm wide. I don't quite understand your question, because molex connectors come out.. and you can put them to the side of the case.. :confused: We gave out detailed measurements for the exterior of the case because that is the most important part of the specifications. If we had only gave out interior dimensions, people will complain because the handles won't fit in their cubby holes, or it's sticking out too much because of the screws in the back of the case.

Regarding sending a SASE, no. We do not send out any other "colors" as they're not in production and the only ones we have are prototypes that are not for public eyes..
PSU cage is 180mm with space on both sides of the case. There's equal amount of space on both sides of the PSU and the case is 250mm wide. I don't quite understand your question, because molex connectors come out.. and you can put them to the side of the case.. :confused: We gave out detailed measurements for the exterior of the case because that is the most important part of the specifications. If we had only gave out interior dimensions, people will complain because the handles won't fit in their cubby holes, or it's sticking out too much because of the screws in the back of the case.

Your description is great and everything sounds good as described!

You are correct that only providing the interior measurements wouldn't have been helpful--I was looking at it from a different perspective, but I think we're on the same page and since you provided exactly what I was looking for above it's moot now. :)

I received my support E-Mail reply this morning regarding an orange case. I was sad, but I understand the prototype issue regarding distributing that particular case. If there's anyone in particular at BitFenix I can ship a few pizzas to so an orange prototype can mysterious appear at my doorstep let me know! :)

Thanks again for the great additional details!

Um, paint one orange? I don't see why it's so hard to buy one and then paint it.

Back