Bitcoin mining operation in Finger Lakes sparks local concerns

Whatever it's burning, it's outputting carbon, so labeling it carbon neutral is semantics at best. So the real question is what's bought with that carbon budget, and the answer seems to be investment speculation and criminal enterprise, so why would anyone want to spend the world's remaining carbon dioxide budget on that?

If they had built a solar/wind farm to power it I could see an argument about its environmental bona fides, but right now it's either using energy that could be theoretically put to better use or shut off altogether.

If using child slave labor to strip mine entire African countries for rare earth minerals in solar panels and batteries is 'carbon neutral' and 'green' then I am fine with natural gas being called green as well.

No but it's great for hot tubs!! imagine how many people could fit in there at once. The life giving ecology that's been developing for thousands of years can always find somewhere else. Won't you think of all the people who require another needless form of temporary amusement?

hand rubbing intensifies...

Hot tub...beer....high probability of nudity....ok I'm in.

I grilled Friday, Saturday and Sunday, drank lots of beer and did NOT recycle the containers.

So I will probably be first against the wall when the kmher eco take control.

the kmher eco have already taken control.

I mean everyone is just smoking crack or meth in northern/western NY anyway.

I’m surprised anyone noticed at all.

Have we checked to make sure they aren’t cooking meth in there for the other half the population in Syracuse/Buffalo?

Back