Bitcoin Mining GPU Performance Comparison @ [H]

You all are just wasting your time with this malware. You can't even use these to buy stuff that's worth putting the effort into.

By your calculations you'll make $30 or so a month? How exactly will that pay your rent?:confused: Seems more of a headache to me, but thats jmo.

Like I said - I'm already a gamer - why not swap out my GTX 580 for a 6970 CFX setup? It will only cost me ~$175 more (after selling my old hardware) and I'll make $30/month to pay it off. I was joking about the GPU paying for rent in my house - i.e. because it uses like one square foot of space.

YOU on the other hand, HAVE made comments about the bitcoin economy and I have pointed that out. I never said anything else for or against your statements...

I recall you saying something about me not thinking the laws of economics apply to bitcoin mining.

Either way, I have no bitcoins, no mining, and am interested merely as an observer than a participant at this time.

Same here brother.

That's not the point. Yes, more people use the dollar, but the dollar is not BACKED by anything.

And bitcoins are backed by even less. What your point? I hope it's not that bitcoins are a viable alternative to existing fiat currencies cause that would be a sad joke.

As far as bitcoin being unstructured and anarchistic...of course it is...its an emerging technology. Who knows what will happen with it. If you're scared of it, stay away and be quiet, nay sayer.

You mean be quiet and watch the unwashed masses run around chasing something they don't understand? Lol...

Like I said - I'm already a gamer - why not swap out my GTX 580 for a 6970 CFX setup? It will only cost me ~$175 more (after selling my old hardware) and I'll make $30/month to pay it off. I was joking about the GPU paying for rent in my house - i.e. because it uses like one square foot of space.

Haha, I love when household budgeting gets into a computing discussion.

The same can be applied to almost any other productive activity. If giving 1000 blowjobs is profitable, then 10000 giving blowjobs is profitable as well.

That made me laugh like crazy, which country handles such currency? LOLL May be is the flu medications are making me laugh for everything, my heart hurts loll :p

Originally Posted by TheMouse
The same can be applied to almost any other productive activity. If giving 1000 blowjobs is profitable, then 10000 giving blowjobs is profitable as well.

That made me laugh like crazy, which country handles such currency? LOLL May be is the flu medications are making me laugh for everything, my heart hurts loll :p

In many countries "sex" or the equivalent is considered a job and is quite profitable, so not quite sure why you find it so incredibly funny. If your heart is hurting just from laughing, maybe you should step outside once in a while and get some exercise. :p

So this is why the difficulty has been going up again...

Threads like this and the growing knowledge of what was once an "underground" thing is causing difficulty to rise exponentially like it hasn't before over the past year as more and more people are trying to get into it.

As long as mining makes more than the electricity costs, people will still be in it but I don't forsee any real tangible worth with 6 more months of difficulty increases. GPU mining will be dead and the really rich folks will be on dedicated custom ASIC FPGA super computers doing all the mining.

Been there, done that, went back to a 580 about 2 months ago. Crossfire is just more trouble than what it's worth, i.e...driver fixes, bonked profiles, GPU utilization, heat, noise....

It sounds like you got the itch to go for it, so the choice is yours...

anywhere i can find an all in one definitive guide on how to start for a noobie... including crossfire/sli guides and profiles

https://bitcointalk.org/

Lots to read, I suggest starting in the Newbie, and mining (hardware) subforums. Took me about an hour of reading to get a good understanding of what I was doing, and another 10 minutes to get up and running.

Back