BioWare Teases "The Next Mass Effect" In New Trailer

erek

[H]F Junkie
"BioWare has recently announced that a veteran team is in the early stages of creating the next Mass Effect title. The upcoming game appears to be a successor to the original Mass Effect trilogy. The new teaser trailer was released by BioWare during The Game Awards 2020 live stream and teases that the new title will follow the ending of Mass Effect 3 ignoring the spin-off entry "Andromeda". This new title is unlikely to launch anytime soon as the game is still in the early stages of pre-production however, gamers will be able to look forward to Mass Effect Legendary Edition releasing in 2021 for PC and consoles."

https://www.techpowerup.com/275918/bioware-teases-the-next-mass-effect-in-new-trailer

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited about this... Between Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Avowed, new Dragon Age, and now a new Mass Effect, I think the next couple years are going to be great for RPG lovers. I do wish Bioware had released DLC for Andromeda because I like Andromeda quite a bit, and I frankly didn't understand all the negativity around the game. That being said with both a new Dragon Age and Mass Effect being announced at the same time I am curious which will release first or how far away they could be?

I also am wondering if by Bioware announcing both Dragon Age and Mass Effect simultaneously whether that means they've abandoned Anthem?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited about this... Between Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Avowed, new Dragon Age, and now a new Mass Effect, I think the next couple years are going to be great for RPG lovers. I do wish Bioware had released DLC for Andromeda because I like Andromeda quite a bit, and I frankly didn't understand all the negativity around the game. That being said with both a new Dragon Age and Mass Effect being announced at the same time I am curious which will release first or how far away they could be?

I also am wondering if by Bioware announcing both Dragon Age and Mass Effect simultaneously whether that means they've abandoned Anthem?
It would be if any of those games series were any good. Mass Effect is alright but I have zero faith in Bioware.

Looking forward to it. I just passed 300 hours on ME:A .. and dont even know how many hours I have between ME 1-3... :happy:

All I can say is they better do a better job of the facial animations this time. I skipped andromeda till just recently. I saw it on sale for 10 bucks and thought wth how bad could it be. I know they supposedly went back and fixed a bunch of that stuff... but man its still ruff. I am a couple hours in and don't hate the game. I'll probably finish it out which means its not shit tier. The facial animations are comically bad though. Hope a new ME game does that proper. For heavily scripted games like ME they need to be good in that regard, not jarringly uncanny valley.

So they're going to get our hopes up for a few years and then leave us with blue balls until they put out a half hearted patch again?

I agree that Bioware of old is dead and I don't expect this game to get anywhere near the quality of the ME trilogy but if they learn from their mistakes on ME:A it could be a decent generic space opera rpg in the vein of what Ubisoft cranks out these days(IOW solid enough but little to no replay value).

Doubtful, but the engine they created for Anthem is probably the one they are using for both the Dragon Age and Mass Effect titles, if so then any work done to beef up Anthem at this stage would be an early bug fixing and environment tuning so from an accounting perspective they could share the cost and resources over between the projects. Still hoping for Anthem 2.0 to come out strong I really did like Anthem but that lack of content just.... Ouch even me in all my OCD gotta collect them all glory can only handle so much repetition before I have to move on.

It would be if any of those games series were any good. Mass Effect is alright but I have zero faith in Bioware.
That's why I am kinda happy about this, the old guard at Bioware is gone completely there's no way to know how much of Andromeda and Inquisition was old vs new Bioware, so now these titles will be the first of 100% new Bioware, so regardless of whether the games are good or bad we will have our answers on the fate of Bioware and the game series. If they are Bad, then the old mantra of "EA Killed it" remains true, if they are good then, awesome we will have something to play that isn't hot garbage, maybe just lukewarm until a patch or 12 but we can all celebrate that.

Back