Biostar 6100 s939 problems - ethernet not working

Sizer

Limp Gawd
The integrated ethernet is completely fucked up. It is causing the system to tell me the network cable is unplugged every two seconds. I have tried the drivers on the CD and the latest from Biostar's site, but nothing fixes the problem. The system won't let me downgrade my driver, always claiming the current drivers are the best match. Yeah, right.

What is this shit?

Thats exactly the same problem I have. If you look at newegg reviews on this mobo, lots of people had problems with it. They pulled it out for awhile, and now they are selling it again. I know your frustration, I tried flashing the latest bios and installing the latest drivers found on nvidia.com. It does the same exact thing. Since I will be using a wireless lan anyways, I kept it. Down time on the build and the shipping cost to return it sux. :mad:

I put in a kingston PCI ethernet card and it is doing the exact same fucking thing as the integrated ethernet. The integrated ethernet should be disabled but I'm getting the same problem.

WTF is this unadulterated garbage?

I don't know if you have HSI but if you do you may need to release/renew your IP with no router/hub just to the modem to get the ISP to see the new NIC then re-hook up the router etc.

I've formatted and tried nforce ethernet drivers, but nothing is working.

What kind of motherboard fucks with a PCI card on top of not having its own integrated ethernet working? I went 7 weeks without a fucking computer, and when I finally get my stuff, it doesn't work as advertised.

If only that PCI card worked, then I could live with Biostar's bullshit, but this is so far out there , I wanna :mad:

Hopefully you have either figured the problem out or are in contact with Biostar's customer support.

Remember also that the Nforce drivers for the nic cause problems on all Nforce boards. Make sure that you did not install the NVFirewall, that is usually the culprit. Like one of the above posters said, try and connect only the modem to the ISP cable dont have anything between it and your computer or it and the wall. Try and Refresh your lines and try the repair. If all else fails it may be a problem with your modem if both the onboard lan and a PCI Lan card are doing the same thing.

Definitely make sure you're not using the Network Access Manager included with the Nvidia drivers.

Back