• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bioshock changes.....2K listens!!!

And you can use AA. Just in XP, with an Nvidia card :D

I read in another thread:
If you rename bioshock.exe to oblivion.exe and run that, you can use AA with ATI cards.
You need to use command line switches to enable AA.

I havent checked this cos its near bed time but in case it helps.
 
So if you wanted someone to experience that they could just sit in the car right? So how am I or anyone else trying to diagnose a problem supposed to experience a mouse acceleration that I do not experience? Take your word for it? I think not.
Here's the deal: we're not diagnosing the problem, we're complaining about the problem. We aren't seeking your answers to said problem, because you certainly don't have the capacity to resolve the problem. I've sent Elizabeth Tobey a polite e-mail regarding the issue, and that's about as far as I'm interested in going at the moment.

We're complaining and discussing -- not diagnosing. That word has yet to be uttered.

You do understand that it is responsibility to prove the issue right? Can you provide me with any valid information other than "my mouse moves too fast it's bioshocks fault."
Again, nobody here is inclined to provide you with any information. Some of us know there's an issue with mouse acceleration, which is why we're discussing it. I know there's an issue with mouse acceleration. Whether or not you believe such is entirely irrelevant to me, and, quite frankly, to just about every other member participating in this discussion.

You attempt to recreate the issue in order to understand why it's happening and how to fix it. If you can't recreate it wtf are you gonna do? Go off patching random stuff?
There's no need to go through any procedure to recreate it. As far as I'm aware, it's inherent in every single copy of BioShock. You're free to claim that we're just being "emo" if you want to, though, again, that's irrelevant.

If this is something 2K has actually put in the code (which anyone has yet to been able to show me proof of) then that's different. But I await your research results.
Keep waiting. You aren't a representative of 2K or its subsidiaries. You can offer absolutely nothing in the way of resolving the issue, so what would furnishing you with "proof" do to resolve the issue?

I'm not particularly sure what else needs to be said here. If you feel more needs to be made clear, then you might want to consider "sitting this one out".
 
Oh believe me, I know. My 360 just died the other day! =( But seriously, it would be a hard arguement trying to say PC's are more reliable than consoles. Quite honestly, they both have their problems.

As for the "power", somewhat true. Especially as the consoles age. But since when does that mean less entertaining games? I'm still playing some older PS2 games I had missed, and I'm loving them. And shit, look at the Wii taking off.

Crysis? All one has to do is remember that these are the same guys that made Farcry - one of the most overrated games in history. Beautiful, yes. Gameplay? Meh....

But having a developer of a next gen PC title saying it could never play on a console isn't really an argument that consoles are inferior. Because the more and more developers that jump ship and head for console-land, the less PC hardware will even matter. Seriously, this generation we're seeing Unreal Tournament and Civilization on consoles!! If you had told me that 2 years ago I would have said you're cracked.

If it wasnt for my 360 dieing on me since June i will be happy with the 360 but its realy taking the piss at the moment. its shocking that the 360 is unreliable to the extreme when ps3's and wii's are going strong..

i would say the graphics on crysis are simply amazing BUT the 360 and ps3 have not been sued to its full potential and i believe a game like crysis could easily run on it on maybe mid-high quality in comparision to the pc version..

PC's cost way too much for me to keep uprading each year just to keep up with one or two new games that come out on the pc while i can simply stick by the 360 and have no hassle (has long has i dont get no red light).

I am however looking to build a new rig has i am still on a piss poor agp system using a single core. once i build a new rig i wont be upgrading for another 3-4 years :)
 
Or we can take a look at Oblivion's anti-piracy measures...NONE, just a simple disc check. The game still turned out to be one of the best PC selling games last year. When developers make a worthwhile game (such as Oblivion and BioShock) people will buy it. But its insulting when the anti-piracy measures are preventing paying/legit customers from playing the game.
And don't forget Company of Heroes. No copy protection whatsoever, except for the serial check if you want to play online.

DRM is not necessary and does not stop ANYONE from pirating the game if they so choose. This is not open for debate as it is a cold, hard FACT. Frankly it is a waste of 2K Games money in more ways than one.
 
o and btw that statement is false :eek:

Yep, no pirates except for the ones with activation keys are playing the game.

So the copy protection is delaying the piracy of the game quite a bit.

(I don't pirate games but I like to know random stuff)
 
The copy protection did a great job delaying good will of the game quite a bit too. Good on 2K, keeping those evil paying customers from playing their game while Securom's (Sony's) activation servers were down.

Another vote for copy protection that doesn't install drivers and hidden files and require you to ask pretty please to some 3rd party company to play the game you bought. It's hard to see how some people can support the publisher on this crap... but you see it anyway.
 
Yep, no pirates except for the ones with activation keys are playing the game.

So the copy protection is delaying the piracy of the game quite a bit.

(I don't pirate games but I like to know random stuff)

o and btw that statement is false :eek:

The Securom disc-checking was cracked Saturday. That's one day after the European release. Someone released a no-DVD workaround that circumvented the Securom check. Given this, will 2K games release software to fully remove the Securom Rootkit/DRM/Whatever you want to call it? After all, pirates (and those who don't want to scratch their DVDs) can already play the game without the original DVD.
 
I would have loved to witness the powerpoint presentation and subsequent monetary kickback in the meeting where they decided on two levels of stupid and not just one. It slices, it dices, it prevents piracy, it sends your stock up a quarter of a point, any publicity is good publicity, it keeps the honest people honest... blah blah blah etc etc etc.

One layer of copy protection is quite enough to deter most people but alas the world usually isn't logical so I'm not surprised at all. In fact, I want to thank the publishers of BioShock for giving me a built in excuse for returning their product. I bought and activated the game on my vista sandbox machine for which I do all my gaming on to minimize the security risk, played through it, enjoyed most of it and then promptly returned it for a full refund. Usually, I have to wait around whichever retail chain I bought it from and wait for that 'special' cashier to come on shift to return it. It can be hassle of sorts. No such hassle for this fine product.

So... thanks for renting or perhaps I should say loaning me your game in exchange for 37.99 in collateral.
 
Back
Top