BGF 8800GT @ BestBuy $230.39 & Extended Return YMMV

Make sure you add YMMV to your title. If you find a manager that will accept a copy of the CC $40/199 coupon, you need to bow down, kiss their feet and do what ever it takes to keep them as a friend. Because my friend you would have struck gold!

Also don't forget if the $40/$199 doesn't work make sure you have the 10% or 12% off coupon printed out and in your pocket.

Make sure you add YMMV to your title. If you find a manager that will accept a copy of the CC $40/199 coupon, you need to bow down, kiss their feet and do what ever it takes to keep them as a friend. Because my friend you would have struck gold!

Also don't forget if the $40/$199 doesn't work make sure you have the 10% or 12% off coupon printed out and in your pocket.

A little British charm never hurts ;) and my daisy eyes

My local BB manager is super strict on their policies. :( If I could find a 12% coupon I might get it as it shows in stock.

I called my local bestbuy guy (York, PA) and he told me that there was no such thing about best buy honoring a competitors (in this case CC) coupon.

I just bit. $251.99 + tax after the 10% off coupon.

EDIT: It helped that I had some RZ certificates waiting to be used... otherwise I would have waited to see if the Fry's deal came back in stock.

Hrm, that makes it right at $270 after tax here. Too bad the BFG OC is such a minor bump compared to others at that price point.

yeah wtf? BFG's not even trying. They don't even show a regular 8800GT model on their site. Guess they decided they'd try to be tricky and call it an "OC" even though it's about as mild an overclock as one can do. :rolleyes:

@ $270 after tax though it's about as much as you will be paying for a newegg/amazon card only you don't have to wait for shipping and pay more for shipping. Only crummy part is that BFG cheaped us out big time. Weak OC, no bundled games, no tee-shirt, not even custom stickers.. what happened to BFG circa 6 months ago???

Yeah basically it's the least you can get and it's $279 instead of $229. Up to you if you think that's worthwhile. :D

Well, on top of the great price is the Extended Return period - up to Jan. 31, 2008. So if a new card comes out, take it back, get a full refund, and get the new one. Better than eVGA step-up. I'm going back and getting 10% off on top of that CC coupon I did. Sweet deal for me, only paying $112 for the card (had a $100 bb giftcard) ;)

I had no problem using the printed 10% coupon AND my triple reward points print out. So this purchase using the triple points coupon should net another $15 in rewards certs!

Then about 3 hours later the mailman comes and hands me my BestBuy mailing that has a freakin 12% coupon! But it is only a $5 difference so I'm not too upset.

I agree that the extended return period is what makes this a good deal. I still have an eVGA 8800 GT KO from Amazon for $283 shipped overnight. (Well that is whenever they deciede to ship them.) Once that card ships this card will be returned to BB or given to my brother to replace his x1900xt.

Also I've had moderate success in overclocking this. So far no issues at 650/1900/1900. I got artifacts and hard locks @ 700/2000/2000. But that seems to be due to the fan not spining up once I get into 3d mode. Which according to the evga forums seems to be a known issue.

BestBuy pricematched the Circuit City $40 off $200 or more coupon for me! I went up the the manager and explained that they had the same video card across the street at Circuit City but I really wanted to get the Reward Zone points. They rang me up @ $239.99 + Tax.

BestBuy pricematched the Circuit City $40 off $200 or more coupon for me! I went up the the manager and explained that they had the same video card across the street at Circuit City but I really wanted to get the Reward Zone points. They rang me up @ $239.99 + Tax.

Awesome m8!

lol @ NewEgg just getting some eVGA cards in stock and pricing them close to $100 over MSRP.

my prescott az best buy did accept the match. didn't seem like the manager REALLY wanted to but did.

260 out the door!!!!!

should i open it?

:)

i am just a little disappointed there is no game included!!!!!

Can someone post a 10-12% off coupon? I'm sure that my local best buys won't accept competitors' coupons since there are a lot of deal snatchers in the southern cali/ LA region. They probably turn people like us down everyday, and I will be surprised if the 8800gt's stay in stock for a day once they are put on the floor.

goto your local post office and pick up a moving kit. they have a 10% off for best buy in the kit!

go for it!!!!!

lol @ NewEgg just getting some eVGA cards in stock and pricing them close to $100 over MSRP.

I've been buying at the egg for years, but this might make me stop buying from them from now on, sad, because it's my favorite place to get PC parts.

Back to the thread topic, anybody got a link to the 12% coupon?

And the Circuit City $40 off $199 coupon?

If Ohio has a "tax amnesty" day like they've been talking about I think I'll go get one (8800GT).

Well I printed the 10% off coupon and went to 2 BB that had it in stock.

neither of them had it in stock...

It's getting real old trying to find all these BB deals that don't exist. My last 3-4 attemps have failed.

I've been buying at the egg for years, but this might make me stop buying from them from now on, sad, because it's my favorite place to get PC parts.

Back to the thread topic, anybody got a link to the 12% coupon?

And the Circuit City $40 off $199 coupon?

If Ohio has a "tax amnesty" day like they've been talking about I think I'll go get one (8800GT).

Agreed. They really need to start looking at their dynamic pricing and how high it pushes some prices.

yea these guys are right, never call ahead, all it does is give the kids who WORK THERE a heads up on these deals to buy themselves, WITH their employee discount which makes it even sweeter

Agreed. They really need to start looking at their dynamic pricing and how high it pushes some prices.

Dynamic pricing. Driving customers away since 2005.

/Used to order exclusively from Newegg.
//Has made his last two major purchases at BestBuy and Circuit City :(

yea these guys are right, never call ahead, all it does is give the kids who WORK THERE a heads up on these deals to buy themselves, WITH their employee discount which makes it even sweeter

A video card at MSRP is not a hot deal. And honestly the employees that want one these would already have one. Since BFG offers an employee accomedation that is 10% below employee price.

The store closest to me had 4 in stock, but they weren't on the shelf with the other video cards. They were up on top stock out of the way.

I might just go snag a second for SLI and return them in January when the prices hopefully are lower.

A video card at MSRP is not a hot deal. And honestly the employees that want one these would already have one. Since BFG offers an employee accomedation that is 10% below employee price.

The store closest to me had 4 in stock, but they weren't on the shelf with the other video cards. They were up on top stock out of the way.

I might just go snag a second for SLI and return them in January when the prices hopefully are lower.

Well even if I did call they would say they had them, get there and not have them. The people there are usualy not very bright. Explaining to me I could jsut use an 8600 GT instead and they do have them in stock lol. if you call all they do is check the computer, which said they have them in stock, even though they do not. last time I called I got put on hold for 30 minutes onmy cell before I just hung up. I'm starting to really hate BB I have not purchased anything from them in years, theres always some catch to squeeze your pennies or get you to come into the store for no reason.

Are you sure BFG is still doing this? I was looking for this at work yesterday and couldn't find it anymore.

/Used to order exclusively from Newegg.
//Has made his last two major purchases at BestBuy and Circuit City :(

I had NewEgg remove my personal information from their site. After watching card prices get jacked to the levels they did all they showed me is a willingness to screw over long time customers for tha almighty buck.

Too bad they get a pass on this site because they advertise so much here.

Are you sure BFG is still doing this? I was looking for this at work yesterday and couldn't find it anymore.

Not sure. I know they had it for the 8800GTS/GTX launch last November. If they still do it should be with the rest of the accomadation programs.

That's the whole point. You decrease the amount of customers until they equal the amount of products you have it stock. Once there is a good stock, they lower the price again.

the 10% off coupon you can print from that PDF via the post office does work.
They just scan the coupon then scan the card.

Oh, Cumberland (Georgia) store has the cards on the floor, you just have to find them. In the video card section they put over stock on the top top shelf (reachable) and just go through them to find the 8800s hidden among the old cards

Back