• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BFG vs XFX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not evga? it seems like the most popular one, but id probably go with bfg, XFX has always looked overpriced to me, but ive never bought a card from them so i cant really judge.
 
Why not evga? it seems like the most popular one, but id probably go with bfg, XFX has always looked overpriced to me, but ive never bought a card from them so i cant really judge.

It seems to me BFG has always overpriced.
 
compared to xfx and evga, bfg is typically overpriced. with those three you can never go wrong, but personally i went with evga because of the step up program.
 
BFG is awesome though. Their cards are usually the best performing in each class (go look at the benchmark reviews) and they have a true lifetime warranty (although the others are catching up there).

Personally I think BFG costs a bit more but is not overpriced. Their cards perform better for the money and I have never had one issue with my BFG cards...I have had 3 or 4 eVGA crap out on me...
 
Performance can't change between cards other than overclocking. evga has the best warrantee because it also covers changing the coolers and overclocking. evga also has the step up program and it costs around the same. I'd go with them.
 
You really cannot go wrong with ANY of those brands.

I have been on XFX cards for 2 generations now.
 
Personally, I woulnd't buy BFG for several silly reasons:
1. They sell them at best buy....
2. They're ugly on the outside (XFX is hot on the other hand)
3. They sell them at best buy
4. Only people who go to best buy actually buy them

XFX vs evga: I never had evga, but I'm very happy with my XFX... though the step up program is great, but if you're a kid, it's sort of useless because I know my parents don't care for nothing if I want to upgrade it. I only get a computer upgrade every 4-5 years
 
Personally, I woulnd't buy BFG for several silly reasons:
1. They sell them at best buy....
2. They're ugly on the outside (XFX is hot on the other hand)
3. They sell them at best buy
4. Only people who go to best buy actually buy them

XFX vs evga: I never had evga, but I'm very happy with my XFX... though the step up program is great, but if you're a kid, it's sort of useless because I know my parents don't care for nothing if I want to upgrade it. I only get a computer upgrade every 4-5 years

What's your beef with BFG? At least they have a lifetime warranty.
 
not buying a particular brand because it is sold at best buy is idiotic. that said, I've owned EVGA cards for a few years now and their cs can't be beat. add that to the step up program and warranty that covers hs/fan changes and overclocking and they can't be beat.
 
every nvidia card that i have are BFG (but 1 is XFX), that is 2 6600GT, a 7600GT, had a 7800GT (sold it) and my 8800GTX

had one XFX that was a 7950GX2 becuase that came overclocked.
 
I just purchased an eVGA 8800GTS 320MB for several reasons. Most importantly is the stepup so if I decide that 320MB can't handle my resolution I can go up to the 640MB or even GTX for cost, not to mention if the 8900s do come out like rumors say so. Second is the warranty if you are the first owner. So what if you have to register within 30 days? You are already online if you check out [H] so you should be able to register.

If you are getting it used, than go XFX first, if you are 2nd owner, or BFG, as I hear they don't question warranty service as long as there is an original invoice. If you are buying new, get eVGA so you can stepup to an 8800 or even 8900 series card within 90 days. if the 8900s comes out before my stepup than I'm definately upgrading to the "budget" 8900.
 
XFX has double lifetime warranty :) Meaning you and the person who gets your card used is covered for life!

So does the other person who gets the friggin' BFG card. And I never really cared for the double lifetime stuff.
 
I have notice BFG power req. is higher than XFX on their video cards

They dont really have higher power requirements they just over exaggerate them realistically they are all the same cards usually just different heatsinks and fans.

I have owned all 3 and have never even had to RMA one before i guess im lucky but EVGA does offer more with the ability to OC and use aftermarket cooling along with thier step up program.
 
Have 2 BFG cards running here which do actually run cooler than their Asus and MSI counterparts (20°C with stock cooling in one case) and draw less power, i.e. they are more overclock-friendly.
One 6800GT OC here runs at 420/1210 with stock cooling and never gets hotter than 75°C on die temp, my Asus 6800GT used to have 66°C when idling with stock clocks.

Will always buy BFG if I get the chance, but they are kinda rare here in Europe
 
I bought the BFG 7600GT in December, and it's still working great. Another vote for BFG.


still? after 2 or 3 whole months!!! bfg is really on the ball with that one!!


yeeesh.



evga - can swap out coolers, great warranty, cross-ship, etc, etc. great customer service. for example, evga is cross shipping new rev 680i boards to anyone who asks, on their dime. bfg and xfx sell this same reference mainboard. are they cross shipping new rev boards for free to anyone? i think not, matey.

also, you dont need to pay extra for overclocked cards. you can almost always match the speed of these cards with the vanilla.
 
Im just getting around to PC gaming. Its finally affordable to me, so I went and bought a XFX 6800 XT. I must say, I am over impressed. Running Half Life 2 at max, with 1600x1200 res. And it still performs stable 30fps.


sadly, thats the first graphics card i have bought, so i cant be a judge. But i will most definetly be buying more XFX cards in the future.
 
I love my XFX 8800GTX's :) Never had an issue with them, and never will. BFG is a good company, just lacks what other companies give.

i.e EVGA - stepup, heatsink change w/o voiding warranty
XFX - double lifetime warranty :)


That, and the BFG logo they made this time looks ugly. I like the XFX ones better :)
 
Hrm, last time I checked you could switch the cooler on the BFG cards no problemo. In fact they do one better in that the Card and Cooler are warrantied separately.
http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html

This means unlike eVGA and XFX, you do not NEED the fan for warranty work.

Also they are not all made in the same factory, that holds true to certain models (like currently the 8800 cards) but not all models...

Their power consumption is higher on some cards as the cards are overclocked from the factory. XFX and eVGA also have some cards that do this, but if you look at the benchmarks, BFG cards always seem to come out on top for performance and overclockability. My latest BFG cards both overclock very well and easily.


Honestly I like XFX and BFG, eVGA has always been a cheaper brand IMO and I have not had good luck with their cards...they also just started the lifetime warranty thing a little while back which left me out in the cold on a few of my problematic cards from them. I also dont like seeing things like this from them:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1149121
and I have seen a few others like that in the past.

If you do not think BFG support is good you have obviously never attempted to work with them. They really work as hard as they can to get you happy and will do crossships and all that good stuff.
 
Ditto. The reason I avoid BFG is their card sucks up more power than XFX and the other brand names.

And I was about to cut & paste that EVGA link as well, because it's really unfair for web sites sellers (virtual stores sellers) to sell EVGA card purchased from their own EVGA distributors, and ends up being falsely accused as dealers selling stolen cards. It's sickening.
 
Ditto. The reason I avoid BFG is their card sucks up more power than XFX and the other brand names.

And I was about to cut & paste that EVGA link as well, because it's really unfair for web sites sellers (virtual stores sellers) to sell EVGA card purchased from their own EVGA distributors, and ends up being falsely accused as dealers selling stolen cards. It's sickening.

Easily the most ignorant statement in this thread...They are all the same cards in the end maybe different looking PCB's or different Heatsinks but claiming BFG cards eat more power than the other brands is...well....dumb.... BFG simply over-exaggerates thier power requirements to cover thier ass when people call tech support bitching thier 300 watt powmax wont power their card.

And E-bay sellers dont get thier cards from EVGA distributors they CANT thus the clause in thier warranty. Its not a matter of them being accused of stealing the cards they just dont get them the same way retailers/e-tailers get them. they get them from the retailers/e-tailers and other third party means and resell them they do not get them from EVGA's distributors.
 
1. BFG has terrible tech support, id know ive heard alot of ppl complaining about them
2. XFX and BFG do not allow overclocking NOR removal of heatsink for aftermarket cooling and still keep your lifetime warranty. While evga does.
3. Neither XFX nor BFG allow Stepup program(upgrade your card within 90days if a new card comes out) BUT you have to buy it from an approved retailer like newegg, i can provide you with links.
4. Evga has FORUMS, and 24/7 PHONE tech support They also have AMERICAN tech support, not Indian, Malaysian or anything foreign.
5. The evga cards are usually pretty well clocked compared to BFG and XFX but still leave alot of room for more overclocking.

Need more reasons? These are just off the top of my head.
 
I had a BFG card a while ago(7900GT OC) - never gave me any trouble, was gona get GTX but they didn't have any at the store(copmusmart...). It oced prety nice and temps were low too.
 
1. BFG has terrible tech support, id know ive heard alot of ppl complaining about them
2. XFX and BFG do not allow overclocking NOR removal of heatsink for aftermarket cooling and still keep your lifetime warranty. While evga does.
3. Neither XFX nor BFG allow Stepup program(upgrade your card within 90days if a new card comes out) BUT you have to buy it from an approved retailer like newegg, i can provide you with links.
4. Evga has FORUMS, and 24/7 PHONE tech support(unlike BFG's 24/7 EMAIL tech support) They also have AMERICAN tech support, not Indian, Malaysian or anything foreign.
5. The evga cards are usually pretty well clocked compared to BFG and XFX but still leave alot of room for more overclocking.

Need more reasons? These are just off the top of my head.

i just rma'd a 3 year old BFG 6800GT and found their tech support helpful (i talked to 2 different people on separate occassions and neither had accents - it's not like having to call dell tech support, lol), and their rma more than reasonable (i shipped it ups ground, and rec'd the card a week after i sent it in).

i also have an evga, but have had no experience with their tech support, tho i have heard that for the most part (i've read more than a handful of complaints) their support is decent.

however i would agree that points 2 & 3 are valid considerations.
 
My friend bought two 8800GTX's from Frys(BFG) and within a few days they were already failing on him... BOTH OF THEM. So he called BFG and the customer support guys didnt know anything and they were being dicks to him... He then proceeded to return the 8800GTX's and get EVGA 8800GTX's and they are both still running wonderfully.
 
i just rma'd a 3 year old BFG 6800GT and found their tech support helpful (i talked to 2 different people on separate occassions and neither had accents - it's not like having to call dell tech support, lol), and their rma more than reasonable (i shipped it ups ground, and rec'd the card a week after i sent it in).

i also have an evga, but have had no experience with their tech support, tho i have heard that for the most part (i've read more than a handful of complaints) their support is decent.

however i would agree that points 2 & 3 are valid considerations.

Most people that have problems with evga are usually the impatient ones. Honestly ive seen people with blantant infringements upon the warranty and evga still works out a compromise with them in order to keep they happy. If people didnt get so angry so fast they would realize how good evga support really is. Patience is key in the computer world..

Oh and evga offers ADVANCED RMA... which means you get get cards overnighted to you cross shipped.
 
I bought my BFG at newegg because they offered a serious discount when it was bundled with the CPU I was buying. The discount made it cheaper than any of the other brands. That is why I have a BFG. If it had been EVGA or XFX that were cheaper, I would have gone that way.
 
RussianHAXOR is a moderator at EVGA.com.

You have stated some things here that are outright lies, or you are just horribly misinformed. If you going to do this, you need to be properly identified as being very biased with your opinions.

I formally ask that you add your affiliations to your signature. If you refuse, you will be banned.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top