BFG Offers FREE Upgrade To PCI Express

Sent my 6800OC and opted for the 9800GT OC for $50.00 great deal. got mine back the other day sweet.

hmm... BFG link in original post #1 doesn't seem to be working... still valid?

there's now an MCW60 waterblock on my 6800 GT OC AGP and i have no stock cooler...
am i screwed?

They received my card the 11th, but i have yet to receive a response from them in regards to the rma. I was hoping to get the card by christmas so i will have my new computer setup and working! Hope everythings okay :p.

Edit" I sent Jeff a pm and got an almost instant response! My card arrived without issue and they are supposed to ship it out asap. Ive dealt with alot of companys over the year and this has been fast and easy! Merry christmas everyone that put me in a really good mood :D.

Use the drivers that come on the cd (178.xx) I upgraded to the newer ones 180 series and have all sorts of problems.

They received my card the 11th, but i have yet to receive a response from them in regards to the rma. I was hoping to get the card by christmas so i will have my new computer setup and working! Hope everythings okay :p.

Sent it Tuesday (9th) they got it Thursday (11th) and gave me the code late Friday (12th), ordered it Saturday (13th) they're not open on weekends so they sent the card today... should come here around wednesday (3 day ups). Hopefully they send you the code soon.

Just a quick question i dont remember seeing answered are the cards new in box, or rma/refurbs?

should be here any time now....confirmed delivery for today.

got my spare system up and ready to use it in. 4800x2 2gb ram and a 9800gt oc

*got the card

full retail box, extra cables, stickers, drivers and coupons and slick ass card!
registering it with them right now and going to hook it up.

all works. card installs fine and is really quiet. this is going to be fun :)

my 9600gt was just a bare card in bubble wrap, but i have no complaints about a free card!
quick question: i went to register the new card and once again was asked for proof of purchase. any idea how to get these registered for warranty service?

my 9600gt was just a bare card in bubble wrap, but i have no complaints about a free card!
quick question: i went to register the new card and once again was asked for proof of purchase. any idea how to get these registered for warranty service?

Ditto. The electrostatic bag the card came shipped in was sealed with a yellow sticker reading, “Bag RESEALED after QC inspection”, so this card is probably a “refurb”. But I’m not going to “look a gift horse in the mouth” and “beggars can’t be choosers”. The card appeared to be in good shape with no marring, scarring, or signs of abuse/misuse

I plugged my card into an existing E6600 machine on Vista 32, and tested it on Fallout3. The card seemed to perform well enough on “high” settings, and ran fairly quiet with no VRM “squeal” and didn’t exceed 60 C’ with an ambient of 70 F’ at factory clocks, although I only ran it for about 15 minutes at the time, just to check playability, quality of image, and basic stability. The draw distances seemed excellent with occasional minor “hitching” at a resolution of 1162x864 on an old Mitsubishi LCD panel of 18.1”. This level of performance would have been impossible on the 6800GT I traded in. The case is an old original Antec Sonata, with a 120 mm fan at the rear, and was tested with the side panel open. So, all in all, not bad, especially considering it was a free upgrade. Kudos to BFG.

As far as registering the card, I “cut and pasted” my BFG profile page and the RMA notification page into Word documents and emailed these as attachments to the [email protected] site. I don’t know if this will work, but should find out in a day or so.

As best as I can tell, the BFG9600GT OC comes in two varieties, one with a smaller fan located towards the front and a later version with a larger fan towards the back. I got the card with the larger fan. Interestingly enough, the backside of my card, as far as placement of traces and backside VRM modules, looks identical to the ECS and PNY versions, at least as pictured on the ‘egg. Cooling solution (HSF) aside, the card is probably a “reference” design since this is what PNY is known to prefer.

Edit: Jeff Kozlowski confirms in a subseqent posting that these cards are indeed brand new, just not in the regular boxes. Good job Jeff!. Wow! Quality service, quality card!

as for those getting what appear to be refurb cards. did you opt for the free upgrade?
i know i paid the extra 50 to get the 9800gt oc, so that may be why i got a retail boxed one and others are getting a bare card.

as for my proof of purchase, should be easy enough

Just a quick question i dont remember seeing answered are the cards new in box, or rma/refurbs?

The cards that are being sent out for this program are all new, not refurbished. The 9600's will be the bare card and a PCIE power connector. The 9800's are in a retail package.

Again, these cards are new and not used cards.

Im honestly still shocked a company that size can be that in touch with their customers. Its still a good deal no matter how you cut it!

Ooh i get to edit my sig next week and i dont even have an agp card at the moment.

The cards that are being sent out for this program are all new, not refurbished. The 9600's will be the bare card and a PCIE power connector. The 9800's are in a retail package.

Again, these cards are new and not used cards.

Good to know, and thanks for clearing this up! The card I received (9600GTOC) certainly looks new...I was just led a little astray by the message on the static bag yellow seal. Any advice on registering these cards since they do not come with a 'sales receipt'?

Finally put this 9600gt in my big rig.
675/1700/900 --> 750/1800/1107 (short term, will crash) --> 740/1800/1053 (fah stable)

Time to boost my ppd.

bfg owns :) cant wait for dad to get to see his rome total war all super upgraded graphics now :)

hes going from a amd xp2700+ cpu, 2gb ram, and a 7800gs oc. and i recycled parts and got him a amd 4800x2, 2gb ram, and this 9800gt oc.

and score for me too because now bf2 will run so much smoother on this system.

and to boot its quieter!

bfg owns :) cant wait for dad to get to see his rome total war all super upgraded graphics now :)

hes going from a amd xp2700+ cpu, 2gb ram, and a 7800gs oc. and i recycled parts and got him a amd 4800x2, 2gb ram, and this 9800gt oc.

and score for me too because now bf2 will run so much smoother on this system.

and to boot its quieter!

That's what I live for man, love to hear it!

Good to know, and thanks for clearing this up! The card I received (9600GTOC) certainly looks new...I was just led a little astray by the message on the static bag yellow seal. Any advice on registering these cards since they do not come with a 'sales receipt'?

Registration should be taken care of automatically. If it isn't now it will be soon.

BFG has the most excellent staff and customer support! .. I had a special ordeal that Jeff himself helped me through with my dieing 6800 Ultra AGP. In the end, I eventually upgraded to the 9800gt under this great promotion! Of course I had to upgrade the MB/CPU/RAM, but now after running a whole week, non stop solid as can be, I have no regrets. This card smokes everything I've run on it so far. I heard about Crysis Wars having a special for a 10 day free trial of the game. I'm going to look into that and see if it's possible to bring this card to its knees. From what I've read and experienced, it won't happen.

Many thanks to Jeff and his great customer support, the phone representatives at BFG I spoke to who were all helpful and kind, and especially thanks to BFG for not only making good on my lifetime warranty for my dieing Ultra, but helping me upgrade my 5 year old computer to a modern monster for little out of pocket. This day and age, its rare to have great products, great service, and great prices!

Way to go BFG! I'm a forever customer!

I got home today and got a chance to try it out. Since i had a geforce 7600gs their was no option for me to get a 9800 for 50 bucks, only the 9600. I simply opted for the 9500, it was free and that made the deal worthwhile, cutting the cost on my rig made it possible for me to upgrade without breaking my budget. I get really good framerates with it in wow so im certainly pleased in that regard. Still a little bummed, in the back of my mind i was hoping i would get a 9600gt :D. I would still like to thank bfg for the card and all the help that Jeff has given us in this thread and in p.m.'s. Merry Christmas to bfg and all the guys at hardocp too!

The link to the offer on the BFG site doesn't appear to be working any longer. Is this offer still going on? I have an AGP card which I'd love to trade in, but haven't had the time to do so yet...

The link to the offer on the BFG site doesn't appear to be working any longer. Is this offer still going on? I have an AGP card which I'd love to trade in, but haven't had the time to do so yet...

The offer is supposed to be over.

My guess would be that the trade in offer has passed. They mentioned it was while supplies lasted.

If you make an account on BFG's main site and register your card, you'll be able to see it in your profile and there will be a link next to it to apply for the upgrade.

I just wanted to say I got my new 9600GT yesterday replacing my 7600GT's. It works perfect, a very nice boost of about 20% over SLI and more then double over a single card - and I get to upgrade 2 other computers with the cards that came out :D.

I can't say how much I appreciate BFG doing this, as these tough times makes it hard to spend extra on my toys.

Got my 9800 GT tonight, now if I can only get it to work with my LG monitor. So far it's great, nice and quiet. I think it's a b rev. so 55nm. How can I tell for sure?

Works great now, used the DMI/VGA adapter. Have it turned all the way up to 1920x1200 in BF 2142. Runs great.

Got my "Product Shipped" Email today for my BFG 9800GT OC.

Only $60/shipped to go from a 6800GT OC to the 9800GT OC.

Can't beat that! :D

If you make an account on BFG's main site and register your card, you'll be able to see it in your profile and there will be a link next to it to apply for the upgrade.
I just registered my 6800GT OC, verified the proof of purchase, and don't see any link. Can anyone verify if this is still available? I hate that I didn't see this a week ago, can really use a PCI-e card for my HTPC.

Back