• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BFG GS power supply

GregP24

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
1,860
I've got a BFG GS 650w power supply in my current desktop. It's powering a GTX260 and Q6600 oc'd to 3.2ghz.

I'm currently deployed to Iraq and will be returning stateside soon. My wife has given me persmission to build a new system when I get home. What I want to know is how good are BFG's GS PSU's?
I will be upgrading to a Core i7-860 and a 5870 (if the 5890 is out I'll get one of those). I'm eyeing a Corsair 650w PSU but don't want to spend the money if the BFG is a good PSU.
 
The GS line isn't that good. They're rated at peak and at 25C. So that 650W PSU might actually be a 550W PSU at best.Definitly not a good idea to use it with a HD 5890.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Ah. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll add a Corsair 650 or 750w then.
 
Back
Top