BFG ES-800 VS Corsair TX850 VS Corsair TX750

[AK]Zip

Gawd
I am having a really hard time deciding on a new power supply since my old OCZ gave out. Based on my needs and price I have narrowed it down to 3.

BFG ES-800 = $109.99 after $30 rebate - lifetime warranty
Corsair TX850 = $119.99 after $20 rebate - 5 year warranty (Click here for 2nd review)
Corsair TX750 = $109.99 after $20 rebate - 5 year warranty (Click here for 2nd review)

For each power supply I listed the price on NewEgg along with warranty info and a link to where the power supply was actually tested. Each has its ups and downs, but the hard part is what to choose?

Any and all suggestions are welcome as to which to choose. Just make sure to include why you chose the one you did.

Also, if you can find a lower price on any one of those please post a link! :)

I will be ordering on Monday so I need to make up my mind.

Thanks,
Alex

I'd go with the BFG ES-800 due to the lifetime warranty.

I'd go with the BFG ES-800 due to the lifetime warranty.

Me too. Oh, wait, I did :D you can't go wrong with any of your listed supplies, but I prefer the BFG. I really hope they expand the ES line, and include some modulars.

The ES-800 is actually a better PSU than the two Corsair units, so considering that, its cost, and its warranty, I would go with it.

You said it yourself. You need to replace ocz out of warranty that gave out. I'd go with lifetime warranty on BFG.

I have that BFG unit and it is awesome. Despite not being modular, I found it great to work with.

i got the bfg es 800, and its running my i920 at 4ghz....its good but the 12v is not ideal, its abit lower than 12v.

i'd get the corsair tx850...from the choices..5yrs on the warranty aint bad.

Can you mention where you are getting the $30 rebate from, I am also debating getting the ES800 power supply.

Thanks!

How much better would these newer PSU compared to an old Silverstone Zeus 750w? Been itching to get a new one especially with the prices on these.

Unless you specifically need more power or your current unit is dying, there's no reason to purchase a new power supply.

i got the bfg es 800, and its running my i920 at 4ghz....its good but the 12v is not ideal, its abit lower than 12v.

i'd get the corsair tx850...from the choices..5yrs on the warranty aint bad.

Low +12V is NOT bad (if it's within spec). The Corsair is a great product, but the ES-800 is more efficient and quieter at lower loads which is where you're running probably 90% of the time.

Unless you specifically need more power or your current unit is dying, there's no reason to purchase a new power supply.

What about the need to spend money? I mean, that is as good a reason as any. :)

My Antec Trio 650 sounds like a whirlwind is in my room. I just hope that when H says "very very quiet", it really is just that by comparison.

Stupid Antec Trio even had "quiet" on it's box. Either that's a lie or they really don't like to be run upside down in those cases that have the PSU at the bottom of the case.

Rail voltage is really never constant in any PSU, it varies with load. However as long as it's within spec (between 11.4V and 12.6V) you're fine.

Back