BFG 8800GT 512MB OC $249 Shipped @ BestBuy

Sunday Best Buy ad says they have them in store and available for the same price.

Good deal, but for me its EVGA or bust... I want to be able to upgrade to the 65nm 8800 GTS when it comes out in December. Or just wait for it.

Good deal, but for me its EVGA or bust... I want to be able to upgrade to the 65nm 8800 GTS when it comes out in December. Or just wait for it.

I believe best buy has an extended return policy at this point for the holidays. Get a gift receipt and I believe you're good until mid january.

I just bought one of these.

$260 overall and i'll get is the 21st!

It's really sad that Best Buy is actually beating the top online retailers for price (even considering tax)....I never thought I would see the day.:eek:

Whynot, BestBuy has enough $$ backing it could sell anything it wants for a sale to get customers and take a hit on overall profit.

Whynot, BestBuy has enough $$ backing it could sell anything it wants for a sale to get customers and take a hit on overall profit.

They don't even have these items in stock, excluding a few stores across the country with one or two.

If you order online you're told the item is "backordered" and shipment is being delayed up to two more weeks.

They don't even have these items in stock, excluding a few stores across the country with one or two.

If you order online you're told the item is "backordered" and shipment is being delayed up to two more weeks.

Not having it for two weeks is worth up to $50+ for some of us. ;) I'd wait a month for an MSRP card.

evga sends first so you can re-use the box to ship back, not just cross-ship.

Drove an hour and picked one up at a best buy in sierra vista this morning. $270 out the door and I had it same day, good enough for me :)

Dear xxxx:

Dear Brent:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item sooner if it becomes available.

If you would like to discuss other possibilities for fulfilling your order, please call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289), and a Customer Care representative will gladly assist you. Please have your order number handy.

Your options may include:
Finding a store in your area with your item in stock
Ordering a similar in-stock item that meets your needs
Cancelling your current order
We apologize for the inconvenience. If we do not hear from you before we ship your item, we will assume that you accept this delay.

I got the same thing

but considering this is a BFG card and for that price.. is worth the wait imo

Comp USA has the same deal but the card pictured in their weekly ad looks pretty ghetto, must be wrong picture.

Best to wait for the eVGA to go MSRP since that comes with Crysis for free and you can step up. Of course it may never actually get to MSRP anytime soon precisely because it comes bundled with Crysis, we'll see.

Just got back from the Best Buy in Augusta, GA. Picked up the very last one that they had, and used the 10% off coupon to bring total to $240 OTD. :D

I bought the BFG card at BB. My receipt says I have until January 31st to return. If the new GTS comes out by then I will be able to make the swap.

I got $227 OTD. $249 price match from a earlier purchase. 12% off and $10 giftcard they gave me that they took too long to give me a online order. Sold my gts 320 for $220 so a nice upgrade for a few bux.

BFG has a really nice warranty. And I always ebay my old cards myself anyway so no need for step up. And the 8800GT will still be hot in December anyway.

I bought the BFG card at BB. My receipt says I have until January 31st to return. If the new GTS comes out by then I will be able to make the swap.

besbuy's policy is that you can returne an opened item and exchange it?

I clicked on the store-availability link and purchased it for in-store pickup 60miles away(New Orleans). I then called the New Orleans store and had them ship it to my local store (Slidell, LA) 1 mile away via the customer fulfillment program. $271 after tax

Best Buy is not a rent-a-center. You will be paying 15%!

I have only seen a restocking fee on a video card once in 6 plus years when I worked for best buy, good deal if I might add.

There is no restocking fee if you upgrade to something more expensive within the time period. This is true with Circuit City as well. I cannot say whether there is a restocking fee otherwise or not though.

Read your reciept. There is only a restocking fee on certain items, and no a video card is not one of them.

I just bought a Raptor X from Best Buy exactly 30 days ago for a great deal. Well the drive is just too loud for me since my PC is in my bedroom. I used it that entire duration. Today I returned it and got my full amount back.

Anybody know the return policy if you did in store pick up?

Do you still get until Jan 31st to return it?

Damn, I bought one Friday for $279 from Best Buy. Do they do retroactive price matching?

anyone know if this card is even in stock at B&M in the bay area? I don't trust their online stock check

Best Buy is not a rent-a-center. You will be paying 15%!
Nope, see below.
There is no restocking fee if you upgrade to something more expensive within the time period. This is true with Circuit City as well. I cannot say whether there is a restocking fee otherwise or not though.
No restocking fee at all on video cards, upgrade or return or exchange. At bestbuy, only restocking fees on laptops, monitors, cameras, camcorders and projectors, IIRC... And whether you get something else doesn't matter.

Anybody know the return policy if you did in store pick up?
Do you still get until Jan 31st to return it?
Same return policy as in-store regular purchase.

Damn, I bought one Friday for $279 from Best Buy. Do they do retroactive price matching?
Yes. Just bring in your receipt during teh sale period (i.e. tomorrow, tues or wed.)

Just an fyi, an announcement went out that says these cards will not be in stock @B&M until mid December. I'd raincheck.

LAZINESS PAYS OFF AGAIN!:D Well, I didn't drag into my local Best Buy until about 2pm and still walked out with one of these. I got lucky though..

Wakled into BB and headed straight for the aisle with the videocards..just as I expected the spot for the 8800GT OC was empty. I then proceeded to check the nearby shelves for strays with no luck. I was about to walk out when an employee blew through the aisle and I asked him if they had any more..his reply "nope, sold the last one a couple hours ago" was also what I expected to hear so I shrugged and said "thanks" as I weaved through the crowd to find the exit. Before I made it 4 feet I was stopped by another BB employee who seemed to be pissed about something. He pulled me aside and said in a low voice.."I bet he has one or more stashed in the back for himself or his buddies..I'll be right back" Hmm...this could be interesting.:) In less than 5 minutes he was back with a shiny new BFG 8800GT OC in his hands..HALLELUJAH! He also proceeded to ask me if I wanted anything else in the ad that might be secretly stashed in the back room.:p

LAZINESS PAYS OFF AGAIN!:D Well, I didn't drag into my local Best Buy until about 2pm and still walked out with one of these. I got lucky though..

Wakled into BB and headed straight for the aisle with the videocards..just as I expected the spot for the 8800GT OC was empty. I then proceeded to check the nearby shelves for strays with no luck. I was about to walk out when an employee blew through the aisle and I asked him if they had any more..his reply "nope, sold the last one a couple hours ago" was also what I expected to hear so I shrugged and said "thanks" as I weaved through the crowd to find the exit. Before I made it 4 feet I was stopped by another BB employee who seemed to be pissed about something. He pulled me aside and said in a low voice.."I bet he has one or more stashed in the back for himself or his buddies..I'll be right back" Hmm...this could be interesting.:) In less than 5 minutes he was back with a shiny new BFG 8800GT OC in his hands..HALLELUJAH! He also proceeded to ask me if I wanted anything else in the ad that might be secretly stashed in the back room.:p

Nice, I had a similar experience. I went to look and the shelf was empty, but I had an employee check stock and he said they had one left. I wasn't sure if it was done on purpose or not, but the one remaining had been pushed all the way back and behind the other video cards, on the bottom shelf. It was behind some other crappier card like an 8400 and the box blended in, but I was not going to be denied! :cool: It was like digging for treasure, in a very nerdy sort of way.

Back