BFG 6800 OC $249, BFG 6800GT OC $349 + shipping @ outpost.com again

I'm still waiting for a dual dvi model,xfx or gainward, to drop to 350...

Wow, I got screwed on this deal last time!!!

PS - Check ResellerRatings.com before you buy.

Bugalaman said:
if outpost has it for $350 does frys?

No. I called the LA store. I was going to have the local BB do a pricematch on the 6800nu. Frys LA lists theirs at 299.99 vs the online price at $249.99

Just ordered two, if you have a frys in your area, tax kills the deal.

380 after tax :(

Missed out last time, jumped on this right quick this time =)

thnx for the heads up!

Yea, they have had this price 2x this month (caught each on the first day they list them), but havn't had the $ to buy one.
So.. hopefully they will still have some in stock when I get paid tomorrow ( I really want to update my 9700pro)

D.

I just snagged one. It's still cheaper to do it online if you dont have to pay tax. I got it 2nd day shipped for $359. cant wait :D

sweet, i just jumped on this too, lets all cross our fingers :)

PS I got it overnight, it was only $2 or so more for a total of $361.77

I ordered one up last night and it has been shipped this morning... thanks for the head's up pcx (#1). When am I going to loose this noob tag anyway??? Is it based on time of membership or posts???

jack_r said:
I ordered one up last night and it has been shipped this morning... thanks for the head's up pcx (#1). When am I going to loose this noob tag anyway??? Is it based on time of membership or posts???
Posts.

Nice deal, think I'll jump on the GT... Can't be had any cheaper than that, even if you get a good deal on one with bundled games that you would've otherwise bought.

debaucher said:
Yea, they have had this price 2x this month (caught each on the first day they list them), but havn't had the $ to buy one.
So.. hopefully they will still have some in stock when I get paid tomorrow ( I really want to update my 9700pro)

D.
So how often do they offer sales like this? I don't have the money now but that is the card I'm saving for. I was gonna get the chaintech OC b/c they overclock to 358/770.

dmaownsyou said:
wish it was pcix. :(

why? unless you have an LGA-775 mobo with only a PCI-E slot, there is no reason to have a PCI-E card yet. 0 performance gain until they start making cards that take advantage of the extra bandwidth. AGP will live full strength for another 6 months to a year

I called them and this is on backorder. You all fell for the Outpost good deal joke again. :p

MarbMild said:
I called them and this is on backorder. You all fell for the Outpost good deal joke again. :p
:p the deal worked for over a day, so this is 10x better than the other times. :D

jack_r said:
not me, dude... mine is in the mail:)

Im pissed off, I ordered one card for myself and then my dad ordered one two minutes later. Mine shipped, his didnt yet.

MarbMild said:

So I registered for this site to tell everyone I think you're wrong.

My order was listed as "in process" when I saw that you had posted that it was backordered so I called outpost to confirm that they were backordered.

The customer service rep told me that they were not backordered and my card was being packaged to ship as we were speaking and would be sent out tonight. This was at 5:30pm central time- I checked my status just now (midnight central time) and it is shipped and has a tracking number.

The site still lists it as in stock and the CSR said it was in stock so this deal is probably still good. By the way thanks to hardocp for the reviews and thanks for all the cool info on the 6800GT- basically the best card for the money out there since it can be clocked to ultra speeds with no issues. I'm looking forward to getting rid of my GeForce3 ti200- Rome: Total War is painful!

update

Both cards that I have orderd have shipped, even though one was ordered minutes from another. One will arive the day after the other

There is a way to get any of those video cards or GINORMOUSLY cheaper than under retail...but the catch is you have to work or know someone who works at Best Buy and you have to be patient. I used to work at Best Buy and they sell BFG vid cards as some of you know. They ahve a employee discount program exclusively with BFG that is not advertised overtly. You have to kind look for it... it's one of those "accomedation" programs. Well the thing is... for any BFG video card you purchase BFG will send you a check for the difference before 10% under their cost and what you paid for it. I used the form in July when I preordered the 6800 ultra OC and when I got it I used the packing slip as proof of my purchase... (at the time I already quit). I took an 4 week old paystub, blacked out all the numbers except for my name and sent it off to BFG. Within three weeks I got a check from them for 123.47 cents. I paid full retail 499.99+tax+no shipping. I swapped out my old card, GeForce 4 ti4600, and sold it for 80 bucks to a friend. So all in all I would say I actually purchased a Geforce 6800 Ultra OC for $331 flat... now is that a deal or what? I supposed that you can still do that with all the other BFG Tech cards cause the program wasn't model specific. Like I said it could be a deal if you meet that criteria. And the great thing is... is that a friend can do it for you too... you just have a wait a few weeks.

I decided to take a chance too. 361 with next day shipping is hard to pass up. Hopefully it will ship today as advertised on website since I ordered early in the morning.

Cool.. Got paid today and still listed as Available.
So.. hopefully it will go out today so I can get it tomorrow (overnight shipping for only $2more was too good to pass up)

Now I will just need to sell my 9700pro once the BFG gets here

D.

I have already sold my Ti4600 - for $100 (Leadtek A250 TD Ultra). Whew...that helped a lot.

Stupid2 said:
anyone know how quiet the bfg is?
thanks much

Id say almost silent, this is the normal OC not the GT version... gotta say it kicks ass tho.. 1024 at high quality in doom3 virtually no stutter (im very sensitive tho so I notice some) in any other game I can play at 1024 with all settings at max with no slowdown...

This hole last week at the Fry's store they had a special although not as good as this 349. it was at 379. for the 6800GT OC not bad for those that dont like shipping and like it Now. :rolleyes:

Mine's here! That's some fast shipping (though from OH to WI isn't very far) Ordered 11am on Wednesday- delivered to my desk at work at 11am friday via Airbourne Express Ground (the standard and cheapest shipping available).

Holy crap I don't even want to be at work- I need to get home and try Rome: Total War with this beast!

Ordered mine yesterday ot 8:34am and it arrived today at 10:11am. Not bad turnaround for $11 overnight shipping. :)

My GT is here too... man is this thing loud!!! I have 5 quiet panaflo case fans and an Antec Truepower 430 with 2 fans, plus the stock AMD cooler... it was quiet... I think my case went up 10 db with this thing, its all I can hear.

Grrr... even though it said in stock.. they cancelled my order

Now I have to wait until it goes on sale again (probably another week or 2)

D.

Back