BFBC2 servers are mostly empty?

thetruth

Gawd
It CAN'T be b/c of MOH. Please let that not be it.

However, past two days, there have been VERy few populated servers in my browser. Most of them are atacama 24/7. Maybe 150 people total online???? No way.

Anyone else notice this?

I think the Vietnam expansion will bring some back, Black Ops will probably put another dent in the player numbers though.

I think the Vietnam expansion will bring some back, Black Ops will probably put another dent in the player numbers though.
I haven't bothered with BC2 yet, but the Vietnam expansion will definitely pull me in. Battlefield Vietnam is one of my favorite games of all time. It's rare to find good Vietnam shooters, so I'll take all I can get.

I had an issue the other night in BC2, lots of servers showed as populated, but when I joined them, they were empty, restarting the game fixed that. Could it be related?

EA's login server was down for a while today so folks may have just given up on it for the day.

The server browser has been acting up lately. I think one issue is that your version may be updated while some of the servers are still running older versions.

Lots of servers are clan servers that are empty for the most part until they decide to recruit or screw around in them.

People get tired of the same 10 maps eventually. I still play sometimes but without a modding community the game sorely lacks in content... after about 500 hours of playing it. :D I sure as hell got my money's worth just from the BETA but it's a DICE game and that's all I should have to say.

servers ive been on all day have been completely full..

kinda hard to get bored with BFBC2 since there arent any other games worth a damn.. plus im probably in the minority here that thinks fallout absolutely sucks and the 3rd person view in games needs to effing die already..

I quit a week ago to focus on my Steam backlog. I'm like lv30 I've earn all the upgrades for all the classes and played every map 1.2 million times. I got one weapon platinum and decided I'm done. The only map I liked anymore was africa harbor? (The one that's almost all infantry.)

6 maps does not a game make. My bad 10 maps or whatever it is. Feels like 4 with different modes.

I went from playing a lot nightly to playing 1-2 rounds with my friends before going into FO:NV for the evening.

I stopped playing BC2 a few weeks ago and re-installed COD4 so I could get back in the groove before Black Ops. I checked BC2 last night and indeed it was empty.

I'm also busy playing FO:NV -- can't stop! I agree that they sorely need some modding tools, but that will never happen. I am starting to play TF2 and L4D2 again...

I've been playing a bit recently and had more trouble with lag and getting kicked off for bad connections. Could be on my end, but it does seem harder to find good servers.

I noticed it was a ghosttown on BFBC2, so I was playing some MOH, and recently picked up FO:NV. Not sure if people are going to come back in mass? *shrug*

I stopped playing BC2 a few weeks ago and re-installed COD4 so I could get back in the groove before Black Ops. I checked BC2 last night and indeed it was empty.
I'm also thinking of getting COD4 installed again... gonna be hard to go to a fast paced game again.

At least half of my favorites are always full. I never open up the general browser though so I don't know what the rest of the BC2 world looks like

I only play Hardcore Rush 32 player servers with ping <50 though.

Sucks. I am having a tough time getting any good games going. The only servers I can get a decent ping on are 24/7 Atacama. So I essentially have one map atm.

If I had a wish, it would be that dice comprehend the fucking issues and actually GET IT RIGHT. The frustrating thing is that it could so easily be great. Why not let modders do the shit you will not?

Momma said, "EA is the devil!"

Now all I get is the connection to game server has been lost whenever I try and join ANY server. Guess I will start on my singleplayer Steam backlog.

GG EA, as always. Devil.

been folding alot, want to play BC2 but speedy is making me fold to 2 million !

I played the beta quite a bit and it made me instantly purchase the preorder. After a couple days of playing it I just eventually quit playing it...Dunno kinda got boring spawning on the same map, using the same guns, and doing the same things over, and over, and over, and over again.

Maybe something borked yesterday? My clanmates' servers were down when I got on in the evening. Dunno if that's related to the rest of them being empty, but who knows.

Another vote that the servers have been a little wonky the last couple of days. Seems to be working itself out, though.

Maybe something borked yesterday? My clanmates' servers were down when I got on in the evening. Dunno if that's related to the rest of them being empty, but who knows.

There's been something wrong with the EA servers/server browser/server reporting(or some combination of those) for a few days now. I first noticed it a day or two before this thread was posted. I logged in and no servers were showing up, tried to join on a friend and it said it couldn't contact EA. So I relogged, and now the server I was trying to join off my friend(which I knew had people in it) was showing up as empty. When I joined it wasn't empty and the map wasn't what the server browser said it was. Last night several people in my clan had to log in/log out more than once to get on our servers.

There's been something wrong with the EA servers/server browser/server reporting(or some combination of those) for a few days now. I first noticed it a day or two before this thread was posted. I logged in and no servers were showing up, tried to join on a friend and it said it couldn't contact EA. So I relogged, and now the server I was trying to join off my friend(which I knew had people in it) was showing up as empty. When I joined it wasn't empty and the map wasn't what the server browser said it was. Last night several people in my clan had to log in/log out more than once to get on our servers.

yeah last night it was messed up for a little bit..couldnt connect to any servers even though it was pinging fine and had people in them..

Back