BF3 GPU and CPU usage SCREENSHOT thread - [email protected] + gtx580@1gh ~120fps @ Ultra

SHiZNiLTi

Gawd
Post Your BF3 Screenshots:

• FPS w/ Settings
  • CPU/GPU Usage
  • Temps & etc.

Setup Info:

2600k @ 4.9ghz w/ HT off
8gb cas8 @ 1600mhz
gtx580 @ 1000mhz

GPU and CPU Overclock & Temps...
5201settings.png

render.perfoverlayvisible 1...
2169bf3_large_settings.png

Graphics Settings:

68bf3_2011-10-29_08-05-50-55.png

In Game FPS Screenshots:

1680bf3_2011-10-29_08-05-45-24.png

5266bf3_2011-10-29_08-06-35-20.png

4557bf3_2011-10-29_08-19-16-99.png

9237bf3_2011-10-29_08-18-46-71.png

7453bf3_2011-10-29_08-19-11-88.png

7755bf3_2011-10-29_08-20-17-97.png

9872bf3_2011-10-29_05-26-34-07.png

4651bf3_2011-10-26_02-02-47-08.png

Last edited:
Nice Overlay Performance! This game looks so awesome in game, it's hard to get an idea what the game truly looks like with screenshots.

nice screens shiznilti, looks like the GTX 580 is treating you well.

Thnx, Yep screenshots don't do justice for lighting effects in game.

Sorry about SS quality, imgur converted to jpg, will re-upload.

There's nothing wrong with 1600x900@85hz on my screen with it's tightly spaced pixels.

I've ran 1920x1080@85hz, 1600x1200@100hz, and 2048x1536@75hz and honostly on my screen there isn't much difference visualy between them unlike a standard LCD where if your not running native it will look like shit.

1600x1200@100hz is usualy the best for me, but I'm missing out on the additional fov that a 16:9 format so that's why I run 1600x900@85h.

Last edited:
I want your rig!!!

Nice overclock and nice temps. Those are the temps I like to keep mine. So you are perfectly more than safe.

Also I wish I had your overlay. I get some CPU spikes even at 4Ghz.

I'm curious why you bought a 2600k to turn off HT.

Also, on my 930 @ 4.4GHz, I see 6 threads heavily utilized (out of the 8 possible with HT on). I'm curious if you would see any different performance from turning HT on. Do you have HT off because you can't hit 4.9GHz with it on? What's your max OC with HT on?

Yeah, want this whole HT mystery resolved.

I can't say i've noticed stuttering with it on which makes me wonder whether the issue is caused by something else.

I think someone came up with a theory that HT only causes stutter on x58 boards. A few posts afterwards confirmed but that could just be a coincidence and I haven't heard anything since, but I don't exactly read every bf3 post around here.

What is the key combo to take screenshots in game? Inside of Documents there's a BF3 "Screenshot" folder, but I don't know how to fill it.

I'm getting about 60-80 FPS average on mostly HIGH settings. I suppose my 2x 470s are about equivalent to a single 570 now.

Also, on my 930 @ 4.4GHz, I see 6 threads heavily utilized (out of the 8 possible with HT on). I'm curious if you would see any different performance from turning HT on. Do you have HT off because you can't hit 4.9GHz with it on? What's your max OC with HT on?
Prolly has HT off due to the nvidia bug.

What is the key combo to take screenshots in game? Inside of Documents there's a BF3 "Screenshot" folder, but I don't know how to fill it.

I'm getting about 60-80 FPS average on mostly HIGH settings. I suppose my 2x 470s are about equivalent to a single 570 now.

hes using fraps to do the screenshots.

whats the diff with ht on and off in overclockign stability wise? i need more vcore and it seems ot run hotter with it on im at 4.5ghz with 1.28volts

whats the diff with ht on and off in overclockign stability wise? i need more vcore and it seems ot run hotter with it on im at 4.5ghz with 1.28volts

usually allows you to hit higher overclocks at the same/lower voltages and lower temps. so for example you are getting 4.5Ghz @ 1.28v with HT on. you will probably get 4.6-4.7 Ghz at the same voltage.

usually allows you to hit higher overclocks at the same/lower voltages and lower temps. so for example you are getting 4.5Ghz @ 1.28v with HT on. you will probably get 4.6-4.7 Ghz at the same voltage.
hardly worth turning off HT for an extra 100~200mhz though.

leave aa post on high.
I prefer post AA on low, on high it makes far away objects very blurry. Leaving it on low in conjunction with some MSAA is the best combo from comparision tests I've ran.

I bought my 2600k used with MSI's flagship Z68 GD-80 mobo for only $350 total, If I was buying new I'd probably have gone with 2500k since it's best bang for buck.

I was at 4.7ghz with HT off, but that wasn't the main reason why I turned HT off. I ran tests in an empty server and stood in the exact same spot on the map and saw no FPS difference with HT on or HT off. I therefore left it off since my CPU runs cooler this way. With HT off it allows me to run up to 5ghz stable @ 1.41v, but I decided to pull back a little and leave it at 4.9ghz @ 1.40v to be on the safe side for a long term setup. I honostly think I'm getting better fps with HT off, but it could just be the placebo effect or it could be the the +.2ghz OC on the cpu, hard to say lol ;)

I think someone came up with a theory that HT only causes stutter on x58 boards. A few posts afterwards confirmed but that could just be a coincidence and I haven't heard anything since, but I don't exactly read every bf3 post around here.
I might of had some stutter before, but it could have been server related. Regardless it's the exact same performance with it on or off, so might as well leave HT off since the CPU runs cooler.

i am experiancing this stutter its super annoying i disabled ht only because of the thread i read on here and then realized i was able to get lower temps and voltage for the same overclock but I still am experiancing the microstutter with HT OFF or ON.... OMG it sucks cant figure it out!

Because HT accually lowers performance while gaming. (not just BF3 stutter problem)

hardly worth turning off HT for an extra 100~200mhz though.

depends on the chip. the ones that can't overclock worth a damn with HT usually have a better chance of hitting 4.8Ghz or higher with it off. i was just using that as an example. if you go back and look at the old i7 920 overclocking threads you'll get a better idea of what turning HT off can do when it comes to overclocking.

depends on the chip. the ones that can't overclock worth a damn with HT usually have a better chance of hitting 4.8Ghz or higher with it off. i was just using that as an example. if you go back and look at the old i7 920 overclocking threads you'll get a better idea of what turning HT off can do when it comes to overclocking.

Exactly. See sig below....thats with HT off

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037951752 said:
I prefer post AA on low, on high it makes far away objects very blurry. Leaving it on low in conjunction with some MSAA is the best combo from comparision tests I've ran.
post aa = fxaa, leaving it on high + 2x msaa gets rid of virtually every jaggy @ 2560x1600p. But I guess on a tiny resolution like 1600x900 it might be different.
yeah I had a 920 @ 4.2ghz, ht on/off didn't make a difference on my end in terms of oc'ing. plus I really don't see why you wouldn't want ht running. but that's another story for another thread. and when I started oc'ing my xeon (6c/12t) ht on/off made no difference in speed.

post aa = fxaa, leaving it on high + 2x msaa gets rid of virtually every jaggy @ 2560x1600p. But I guess on a tiny resolution like 1600x900 it might be different.

yeah I had a 920 @ 4.2ghz, ht on/off didn't make a difference on my end in terms of oc'ing. plus I really don't see why you wouldn't want ht running. but that's another story for another thread.

I think the only game to accually use the HT threads is BF3......and well thats bugged with HT on

P.S. I cannot hit 4.6ghz at 1.48v with HT on....i need 1.53v, and thats a lil too much for my TRUE120.

I think the only game to accually use the HT threads is BF3......and well thats bugged with HT on

P.S. I cannot hit 4.6ghz at 1.48v with HT on....i need 1.53v, and thats a lil too much for my TRUE120.
bugged with nvidia. not amd.
bf3 uses about 40% across 9 "cores" on my xeon.

Interesting.....eh Ill keep HT off. I like 4.6ghz on the old and busted 1366 socket LOL
I'm just curious have you noticed anything different with HT off? Besides the clock speed, have you tried HT on with slower clocks? Does your system feel faster with HT off and the bump in speed?

Not trying to troll or incite an argument, i'm just really curious.

I'm just curious have you noticed anything different with HT off? Besides the clock speed, have you tried HT on with slower clocks? Does your system feel faster with HT off and the bump in speed?

Not trying to troll or incite an argument, i'm just really curious.

Not really going to say I have noticed it being slow....I know in a few benchmarks back when I got my I7 920 I tried some HT on/off benchmarks, and with HT on i did lower benchmarks (not by much but it did).

Since then I have always kept it off....so im not 100% to be honest....I do remember seeing a review of HT on/off and showing the difference's.

Not really going to say I have noticed it being slow....I know in a few benchmarks back when I got my I7 920 I tried some HT on/off benchmarks, and with HT on i did lower benchmarks (not by much but it did).

Since then I have always kept it off....so im not 100% to be honest....I do remember seeing a review of HT on/off and showing the difference's.
I'm sure there is a difference in multi-threaded apps, handbrake i'm sure is one. But I get you're point and hey if it aint broke don't break it!

I'm sure there is a difference in multi-threaded apps, handbrake i'm sure is one. But I get you're point and hey if it aint broke don't break it!

Well I mean....I cant play handbrake....I cant play 3dmark11...I cant play the heaven benchmark...

I usually try real world testing.....never seen a use for HT (other then BF3. I know BF3 can use HT, but since I get a solid 60fps on all ultra settings what the point ya know?)

Either way I like HT as a technology...I just want more use out of it other then benchmarks

Well I mean....I cant play handbrake....I cant play 3dmark11...I cant play the heaven benchmark...

I usually try real world testing.....never seen a use for HT (other then BF3. I know BF3 can use HT, but since I get a solid 60fps on all ultra settings what the point ya know?)

Either way I like HT as a technology...I just want more use out of it other then benchmarks
Well handbrake isn't a game, but uses multiple cores pretty well and its very useful if you encode videos (I do, which is why I mentioned it). But for games, well not alot of games use multiple cores efficiently.

Well handbrake isn't a game, but uses multiple cores pretty well and its very useful if you encode videos (I do, which is why I mentioned it). But for games, well not alot of games use multiple cores efficiently.

Exactly.....And handbrake encodes video eh?....hmmm I usually use covertxtodvd....

Is handbrake that much better at encoding?

Exactly.....And handbrake encodes video eh?....hmmm I usually use covertxtodvd....

Is handbrake that much better at encoding?
we've derailed this thread lol sorry op.

but yeah I used to use convertxtodvd, until I found handbrake. first pass is single threaded, second is multi-threaded. in my experience it was much faster than convertxtodvd. handbrake loads all 12 threads of my system fyi.

we've derailed this thread lol sorry op.

but yeah I used to use convertxtodvd, until I found handbrake. first pass is single threaded, second is multi-threaded. in my experience it was much faster than convertxtodvd. handbrake loads all 12 threads of my system fyi.

interesting....have to give it a shot.

Back on topic BF3 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Core i5-2500K @ 4,5Ghz
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Hyper-X Genesis
GTX 570 @ 900/1800/4200Mhz

1920x1080 @ Ultra AAx2 AFx16

Absolutely playable with 50-80fps even in the middle of 64 battle

beztytuudgv.png

123wk.jpg

bf32011103008013928.jpg

bf32011102915540659.jpg

Back