BF3 Crashing

Anyone else experiencing crashing in BF3? The game just freezes and/or exits out. Is there a log somewhere that I can check for the specific error?

Running ultra settings on dual 460 GTX's, Intel i7-950, newest official nvidia drivers, nothing overclocked (aside from the "stock" overclock on the video cards).

Ideas?

I'd love to enjoy this game but it's unplayable at the moment.

Yeah I have the same problem. Runs fine for awhile then crashes to desktop or locks up. Close it out and start it back up. Then it crashes again much quicker. Repeat. Until I have to reboot. Then the cycle starts all over again.

My game kept freezing after a couple minutes in a game, and I had to ctrl-alt-del out of it. After I updated the graphics drivers and restarted the PC I never had the problem. Don't know if those things are related. I asked for advice in-game and someone said to lower my settings; the thing was I was already all on low.

I just got "disconnected from server" after 20 mins into a good round..@!!!$@$@#

I restarted my PC and lowered settings to high instead of ultra and it seems to be fine now. I'll try putting them back up to ultra and see what happens.

I get the same results no matter what settings I am on, low medium high or ultra. Game is silky smooth @ 1600x900 for about 5-15 mins then it just stutters every 3-5 seconds. I guess im fucked until someone releases a patch or new drivers....

Yeah, seems to be a fairly common problem. On my computer it seems to be totally random. I haven't been able to pin down a single causative agent. Last night I played 4 maps back to back no problems. Then it crashes. Start back up and 5 min into next map crash again. Not a deal breaker for me though I can live with it for now. The game is awesome.

For what it's worth, I just ran the repair installation tool, and Origin is re-downloading 7.5GB of the game. No idea what it feels it needs to redownload of if it will help, but we'll see.

I already fixed pb so I don't get kicked, now its just the random ass crashes. Great game but buggy as fuck. Dice, go fuck yourselves, no more preorders from me.

Are your video drivers updated? I had to update my drivers because the game would lock as soon as the map finished loading.

Back