BF2142 Update

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
From EA and the developer:

"As the beta tests for BF 2142 have finished, on behalf of everyone at DICE I wanted to personally thank you for your help with the development of the game. We gave you a mission, and you delivered above and beyond what we could have hoped for. Thanks to your hard work, we’ve already made over 3000 bug fixes and very many changes to BF 2142, and we continue to fine-tune the game based on your feedback. Some of the forum traffic we’ve read has asked what fixes we are making, and while there isn’t room to list all of the changes, your feedback made us make some major changes to Titan shield layout as well as adding death material to the outside shield, killing people trying to just sit and wait for shield to go down. These changes plus more around the Titan is making the fights even more intense and rewarding.

We have also, based directly on your feedback from both rounds of the Tuning Beta made a number of gameplay changes. The Support class’s Machine Guns now overheat slower and cool down quicker when not firing. The Doragon and Talon gunships have received an increase in maneuverability to allow for better dogfights. Additionally, all Recon class’s sniper rifles have had their sway substantially reduced and are able to be equipped with a more effective Gruber 5 Stabilizer. Finally, the Heavy Body Armor now absorbs less damage from incoming projectiles, effectively increasing the power of all weapons against Heavily Armored opponents.

The end result is that when BF 2142 releases next month, we are confident it will be a great experience. We continue to work toward the goal we have had all along in the development cycle, which is to make BF 2142 the best BF release ever.

Thanks again for your help in this important process, we hope that you had as much fun playing as we did. We’ll see you on the battlefield soon."

Sounds somewhat promising. I'll be eager to see if the upcoming demo is a slightly polished representation of the retail release. I didn't like the 2142 beta so I hope these and other changes they make will enhance it.

Let the hating commence...

The game was buggy, and made me mad at times, but then it was just a beta, and it will be a little better upon completion. But I think I'll still buy it, and then ill be mad, but oh well, I like alot of the new features!

Very much looking forward to this, an excellent game, though a few updates may be in order still - I notice no mention of anyting as far as the armour imbalances go...

EDIT: sorry, what I meant was; "OMGosh wel actly im not gna by it bcos EA is gay n im nopt gonna buy this cos I hate everything its a shit game neway so shutup"
Haha! Nobody cares!

Wally said:
I notice no mention of anyting as far as the armour imbalances go...

Wally, my man, you should actually read the first post before sayin' stuff like this... :D

2nd paragraph...

"Finally, the Heavy Body Armor now absorbs less damage from incoming projectiles, effectively increasing the power of all weapons against Heavily Armored opponents."

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Wally, my man, you should actually read the first post before sayin' stuff like this... :D

2nd paragraph...

"Finally, the Heavy Body Armor now absorbs less damage from incoming projectiles, effectively increasing the power of all weapons against Heavily Armored opponents."

Sorry, I meant the tanks :D
APCs and Tanks (now Walkers, too) for me = Armour
Should've clarified

Wally said:
Sorry, I meant the tanks :D
APCs and Tanks (now Walkers, too) for me = Armour
Should've clarified

Actually I think it is I who need to be clarified. lol I thought they DID mean armor vs. armor but they're talkin' about the armor on the soldiers' bodies. MY apologies. ;)

Does EA really need any more of my money? ...... I was all jacked on BF2 from the demo, then I bought the damn game and you all know the rest of the story ... uninstalled before 1.03

I'll wait for the demo.

Eeeeeeeeeexcellent..... I can feel the hatred within you. Use it to strike the heart of the eeeeeevil EA!!

Commence hating...

I'll be interested to see if they can actually fix all 3,000 bugs by the time 2142 is scheduled to go gold. That's a LOT of bug fixin' to be done in a short amount of time. My bet is either the game gets pushed out or the game is released buggy. There's no way they release this game relatively bug-free and finished on Oct 17th. The demo will be getting huge play time before I purchase it.

Thanks to your hard work, we’ve already made over 3000 bug fixes and very many changes to BF 2142, and we continue to fine-tune the game based on your feedback.

They claim they already made the 3,000 bug fixes :p

jnick said:
They claim they already made the 3,000 bug fixes :p

Don't ya hate it when the origina poster doesn't even remember what he posted? :p

Sheesh.. I'm an eeeeeediot.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
I'll be interested to see if they can actually fix all 3,000 bugs by the time 2142 is scheduled to go gold. That's a LOT of bug fixin' to be done in a short amount of time. My bet is either the game gets pushed out or the game is released buggy. There's no way they release this game relatively bug-free and finished on Oct 17th. The demo will be getting huge play time before I purchase it.

They most likely mean "3000 bug fixes to be released in the first patch, a month after release day".

WhyYouLoveMe said:

this is EA we are talking about. There is no way that they will ever release a game that is bug free. It is part of their corporate policy. :)

I guess it could be considered job security.

After playing the beta, it made me motion-sick after 45mins or so. I hope the demo isn't like that.

I feel fine after long BF2 sessions.

Anyone else get a headache/motionsick?

Yeah I got a headache from the overdone bloom and motion-bobing when you run. That's about it =\

After the crap that was patch 1.03 in BF2 and well, how EA has proved themselves to be the POS company they are.

I'll be passing on this game and starting a boycott of all their products.

polydiol said:
After the crap that was patch 1.03 in BF2 and well, how EA has proved themselves to be the POS company they are.

I'll be passing on this game and starting a boycott of all their products.

Yes! This is the hatred we seek! :mad:

BTW... they never released a 1.03 patch. You should patch your post. ;)

i know this is wrong to say this here but I feel as if it applies since I feel robbed by EA. I feel it is only right to 'rob' them back, I'll just download a copy of the game when it's 'available' to get my bf2 money back.

I'm not giving EA another dime.

i loved bf2 it ran great for me.......until they took away my jumping noob tubing now im nothing :D . owell iono what every one else's problem with the game was prob bad drivers or something. but i played it on like 4 computers of mine no probs.

v6maro said:
i know this is wrong to say this here but I feel as if it applies since I feel robbed by EA. I feel it is only right to 'rob' them back, I'll just download a copy of the game when it's 'available' to get my bf2 money back.

I'm not giving EA another dime.

Dang - You never got BF2 to work? :( Post the problem maybe we can fix it.

EDIT: If you haven't already, try installing it with the new Full 1.4 patch.

i just reinstalled it cuz my cousin had my DVD. new maps is awesome. especiailly on the infantry only servers. its the biggest sniper war/nade spamming war.

BF2 wasnt that bad, some of you guys were just noobs or just too used to Counter Strike. Im playing 2142, no other game out there can match Battlefield series IMO. No other FPS gives u such Versitility. Go back to Counte rstrike, Rainbow Six, Quake, Unreal if you cant learn to master the versitility of vehicles.

XLeezardx said:
BF2 wasnt that bad, some of you guys were just noobs or just too used to Counter Strike. Im playing 2142, no other game out there can match Battlefield series IMO. No other FPS gives u such Versitility. Go back to Counte rstrike, Rainbow Six, Quake, Unreal if you cant learn to master the versitility of vehicles.

All hail the PWNer er. :p

XLeezardx said:
that isnt the reason people didnt like bf2 and to put forth such an arguement makes you look like a jackass

XLeezardx said:

As a game, BF2 was great and I had lots of fun playing it. The problem most of us are having are more along the lines of how it was supported. Well that, and the fact that I though the booster packs were lame as hell.

Sorry, but your argument about not being able "to master the versitility of vehicles" is one of the lamest things I've heard today.

XLeezardx said:

The majority of complaints regarding BF2 weren't centered around gameplay; they were centered around critical bugs.

Huge difference.

David Webb said:
The majority of complaints regarding BF2 weren't centered around gameplay; they were centered around critical bugs.

Huge difference.

Martyr said:
that isnt the reason people didnt like bf2 and to put forth such an arguement makes you look like a jackass

Whatever guys, theres bugs in every game and I know there were alot of bugs in BF2. It didnt stop me from enjoying BF and im going to buy 2142. Im not EA fan-boy by any means but I dont feel EA deserves all this Bashing. If BF was as bad as some of you guys here on [H] say it is, there wouldnt be so many people playing it now.

As WYLM pointed out - you're not going to get people coming on forums like this whooping about being able to play the game, they'll be off playing; but you will get the unfortunate minority who suffer crippling bugs (or just those that cry about things the rest of us put up with and have fun despite) coming on and bitching.

Cardboard Hammer said:
But it wouldn't be funny if it's true, either.

Please... that's exactly why it's funny. You know the old saying, "it's funny 'cause it's true". EA/DICE couldn't write a "hello world" app without BSOD'ing.

Wally said:
As WYLM pointed out - you're not going to get people coming on forums like this whooping about being able to play the game, they'll be off playing; but you will get the unfortunate minority who suffer crippling bugs (or just those that cry about things the rest of us put up with and have fun despite) coming on and bitching.

Battlefield 2 Patch History

Yeah, there's a vocal minority associated with the release of every game... but there have been few titles that have rivaled the Battlefield track record. You can look at just about any EA game and see that they simple do not know how (or care) to properly support a product. Their products are buggier than most upon release, and take longer to get patched up (if at all) after release. People are even concerned about being among the first to install an EA patch because, as demonstrated by BF2, you never know how many new critical bugs a patch is going to introduce.

I usually don't jump onto hate bandwagons, but EA deserves every bit of flak they get.

David Webb said:
Battlefield 2 Patch History

Yeah, there's a vocal minority associated with the release of every game... but there have been few titles that have rivaled the Battlefield track record. You can look at just about any EA game and see that they simple do not know how (or care) to properly support a product. Their products are buggier than most upon release, and take longer to get patched up (if at all) after release. People are even concerned about being among the first to install an EA patch because, as demonstrated by BF2, you never know how many new critical bugs a patch is going to introduce.

I usually don't jump onto hate bandwagons, but EA deserves every bit of flak they get.

You also have to look at other EA titles: The entire Sims series, the Madden series, the NBA Live series and a bunch of other EA games. These titles are quite bug free. Dice created BF2, now EA bought Dice. So... it wasn't EA's fault to begin with but now anything that happens in 2142 is. ;)

WhyYouLoveMe said:
You also have to look at other EA titles: The entire Sims series, the Madden series, the NBA Live series and a bunch of other EA games. These titles are quite bug free. Dice created BF2, now EA bought Dice. So... it wasn't EA's fault to begin with but now anything that happens in 2142 is. ;)

1. I don't play those other titles except for Madden, but Madden is ANYTHING but bug free I have the Xbox 360 version, and people are clammoring for a patch to fix basic things like fatigue levels, etc. Not to mention that terrible framerate issues, playbook bugs (entire formations disappear at random times), online lag, you name it.

2. EA was DICE's publisher, and as such, was able to exert quite a bit of pressure on them to meet deadlines. Quantity > Quality.

I'm also not a C&C fan, but I heard Generals was littered with bugs, too, specifically connection "mismatch" errors and such.

I'm not saying EA doesn't occassionally do something right. Give a monkey a typewriter and he's bound to crank out a word every now and then. It doesn't mean he knows how to type ;) .

Back