BF2...worth it?

Its worth it. Plus it wont limit your choices in servers.
Honestly, BF2 was one of the best games I have ever played. It was endless fun.... well that is until I got a widescreen monitor. Then the game went to the FS forums because EA refuses to put out a widescreen game..

Theres a "fix" for this. Though not true widescreen it dose help.
forgot where I found the info. Google it Widescreen + BF2

Can someone explain to me why you can shoot someone 5 times but as soon as they lay on the ground and shoot you once with full health it kills you? WTF is with this bs laying on the ground crap. 1st of all it's super unrealistic and 2nd it's just bs.

It is a game. Do you know what a Rocket Jump is?

Even soo when your trying to mak e a realistic war sim you think after a cpl year you'd want it to make some sort of sense.

Can someone explain to me why you can shoot someone 5 times but as soon as they lay on the ground and shoot you once with full health it kills you? WTF is with this bs laying on the ground crap. 1st of all it's super unrealistic and 2nd it's just bs.

The more bullshit there is the more realistic it is!

Even soo when your trying to mak e a realistic war sim you think after a cpl year you'd want it to make some sort of sense.

Most of it does make sense from a gameplay perspective. It ain't perfect, that's for sure. But it's the fun that counts, no? I could care less about realism as long as it's fun. I don't think the main focus is on realism anyway. We could go on for hours about how UN-realisitc BF2 is. I think the main focus was on teamwork and balance. (rock, paper, scissors)

I think the main focus was on teamwork and balance. (rock, paper, scissors)

Agreed. I find BF2 much more enjoyable when I'm part of a good squad that actually communicates to one another. Last night I was lucky enough to join a squad with a good leader that wasn't about racking up points but actually focused on winning each round and trying to out-think the other team's moves. Needless to say, before I knew it, I burned two hours on that server, most of the time spent in that same squad.

I find BF2 much more enjoyable when I'm part of a good squad that actually communicates to one another.

Not only that but if you have even just a good commander the game becomes incredibly enjoyable. UAV and spotting the enemy is vital to a successful team.

I must be playing a different BF2 than, whenever I join a pub a countless beheaded like chicken round around and don't know wtf is going on.

I must be playing a different BF2 than, whenever I join a pub a countless beheaded like chicken round around and don't know wtf is going on.

Well that's the norm. Great teamwork rarely happens on pub servers. When it does it's a beautiful thing. I find that decent/competent commanders appear more often than good squads. Since I'm not in a clan I usually try to piggy-back on another clan that may be in the server. Usually they're in the same squad and are using VOIP.

I just wanted to mention how fun the new PoE2 mod is. There are a couple of infantry-focused maps that are outstanding to fight in. :cool:

I haven't been here in awhile and I fell like I stepped into a time warp. Like seriously is this thing old and the date bugged? Widescreen crack and everything? Just feel like I read the first pages before.

Is WhyYouLoveMe still in every BF2 thread? ;)

Doo doo doo doo *twilight zone*

I wish they'd cut back the requirements for the vet Aviator badge. 50 hrs in a plane... I only have 10ish. It's hard enough just to get a plane o_o.

but I doubt I'll ever get to 1,000 repairs :eek:

I wish EA would reduce the amount of damage to repair in order to get a repair point. So few engineers to begin with and making a repair point difficult to get doesn't help matters. Maybe speeding up the repair a bit would be a better idea.

i made the mistake of picking up BF2142 - i don't have a bad system, but it seems the game is too taxing on my system - i should have just got BF2 with the expansion pack

I also agree DOD source is also a good game to get, heck even the original DOD is fun

Another tough one is the Meritorious Service Medal: 1000 heals, 1000 supplies and 1000 repairs. Ouch.

Yep took me forever to get those repairs. Especially when I would start repairing someone and then he'd just drive off. It's like "Don't you want to be at full health :confused: "
Currently, I'm trying to attain that shiny shiny star rank. I'm behind in my air time since my old computer couldn't handle it.

Back