• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

BF2 Special Forces Error

9mmCensor

n00b
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
20
Ok, getting back into BF2. I have retail copys of BF2 (DVD) and Special Forces.

I installed BF2, installed the 1.4 patch, then installed special forces.

I can lauch BF2 fine with the special forces disk, but when I run Special Forces I get this error.

http://i9.tinypic.com/446z3iw.jpg

Anyone know whats the issue and how to fix it?
 
Screenshot%20-%209_7_2006%20,%207_08_41%20PM.png


You aren't the only one to get this error. What I did was to install the full version of the 1.4 patch after I installed Special Forces.
 
Met-AL said:
Screenshot%20-%209_7_2006%20,%207_08_41%20PM.png


You aren't the only one to get this error. What I did was to install the full version of the 1.4 patch after I installed Special Forces.
That fixed it or you got there error installing the way you mentioned?

Also are the weapons I unlock not availible in SP mode?
 
You have to run the update after installing SP. What the deal is, is that SP "updates" your BF2 to 1.1...even if it is already updated to 1.4, so when you are all done, you are sitting with a non-working BF2 installation. So, running the full version of 1.4 fixes all this.

And, no, I am not able to use the weapons I unlocked in BF2 with SP. Isn't that normal?
 
Back
Top