BF2 ranked servers hacked

http://bf2s.com/

Go there, and under Find Player put in your name, and then select it when it shows up. It will show you your stats. The number at the end of the url is your player id.

I'm really curious as to how EA deals with this, hopefully not a full account wide reset, that would suck hard.

EA blows... I am kind of glad this happened. I hope it happens more. EA is such a crap company. They don't give a crap about anyone.

im one of the affected players too...i fall within the range..

gonnna get home today and check....this better not fuckup what ive worked so hard for...

I like how people are complaining about it on the EA boards, saying the goal is taken away. I hope they realize they have to play 9000 hours before they can have half the unlocks. EA was dumb for not protecting the servers, and they earned this by mismanaging this great game.

Zero

Man..., my number is in the range but I sure hope I didnt get the unlock. :( I am no longer amazed at the stupidity level of EA if they were warned about these security holes and did nothing about them... Course thier current track record since game realease has been a embarrasment to say the least. :rolleyes:

well im in range but im not touched. lame as hell, re-installed the game for nothing. Seems like what ever they did was stagnant to say the least. Im sure EA's servers for the stats are in worse shape then the game.

With that said, 1.03 is in the works and they say its going to have over 140 fixes including engine stuff. Hope it makes the game worthwhile, right now its the exact same for me as BF42 was. Played for a couple weeks, deleted for a long time until i discovered DesertCombat.

So long as they dont change the actuall stats im ok with it the unlocks are fine since you dont have to use them. (I checked and im one of the people who got unlocks) EA probly should of done somthing about this in the first place... oh wait I hear a "We have been to0 busy with a patch that needs a patch to fix this problem response coming"

zero2zero said:
Well, what a wonderful few days it has been. Since EA didn't take the time to respond (or maybe even read) our emails about various stats-server security holes, it clearly showed us how much they care. Therefore, we came to the conclusion that modifying 5 million accounts wouldn't be that big of a deal.

That being said, accounts with ids from 40,000,000 to 45,000,000 now have all of their weapons unlocked.

If this is one of the guys (or girls) who hacked the servers I think this is hysterical. I am in the unlocked section but I have not played the game in days because I am playing HL2 until 1.03 comes out. I think this "wouldn't be that big of a deal" line is outritght hilarious. And to then casually say what he unlocked almost made be piss a bit in my pants.
I know its wrong, and thousands of people are pissed, but the casualness of his comments had me in stitches.
Its like "Not gonna lock the bank door after I told you that its unlocked? Fine, I'll just give free money to everyone who walks by today between 3pm and 6pm."

Im glad it happened, let me try other weapons.

Personally, I think the points to unlock weapons after the first one are far too high. Not everyone wants to, or has the time to play the game for thousands of hours to get more weapons. I need almost four solid days of playing until I can unlock the second weapon. Which is going to be several months down the road for me.

fallguy said:
Im glad it happened, let me try other weapons.

Personally, I think the points to unlock weapons after the first one are far too high. Not everyone wants to, or has the time to play the game for thousands of hours to get more weapons. I need almost four solid days of playing until I can unlock the second weapon. Which is going to be several months down the road for me.

Lucky you. That stat site up there informed me that, at my current rate of play, I will unlock my first weapon in 101 days.

Apparently EA isn't interested in that whole "people with jobs" market, instead focusing on those who somehow have 8+ hours a day to play.

just got home and logged in.

all my weapons are unlocked...all of em.....amazing

Yea, after you hit Lance copral it literally takes FOREVER to get another unlock.

I mean if you are planning on unlocking "multiple" weapons you better re-think that, because it takes like TEN THOUSAND or so points to get your next unlock after your first.

At that rate, you might aswell just make a new account and get the weapon you want to unlock the most the first time.

i was playing on some UK server and all they were saying is, why are all my weapons unlocked? i come here, its been hacked. how come mine aren't all open? all i got is my m95. pff

edit never mind i am not special

i'm lucky, i got 2 accounts , my first one where i had unlocked the sniper rifle and hated it so i stoped playing that one and made a 2nd account where i got the eng shotgun and was mostly playing that one for the past few weeks but my first account now has all the unlocks. i'm happy and not happy at the same time about that , getting the guns was something to aim for and it helped make it a bit more fun. on the other hand dice/ea were smoking crack when they decided on the point requirements which made ever getting more than 2 unlocks impossible for 95% of the player base including me. now i get to try all the guns :D i have a feeling it wont last but i'm gonna enjoy it while i can

I dont mind the unlocks. I'm sure EA will rectify that soon enough. However, I'm really going to be pissed if these guys start messing with the stats and making 5 million Sergeant Majors, etc.

LOL EA PWNT LOL

For heavens sakes, POSTPONE your upcoming expansion packs!

You're #)@(#*%#@()%ing lucky that you have the Madden franchise to keep you fat financially.

You make those who want to rent ranked servers pay through the teeth, (to which I understand the payees don't even get admin access to) and you can't even harden them well enough to keep from getting hacked?

*deep breaths*
*think happy thoughts*

:(

GG EA

You just made baby hey-seuss cry rivers of sorrow. Are you happy now?

Yah all my weapons were unlocked. I asked in the server why they were all unlocked and the guy said it was a glitch. I thought it was a glitch on that server, so I went to a different server and it was the same :p

"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."

Played a couple of rounds and got to try out all the weapons. Very nice. Thanks to the 3v1l hax0rs.

Theres enough problems with this game already without losers who are desperate for attention hack into the servers and ruining it for people who want to play fair.

GlimmerMan said:
Theres enough problems with this game already without losers who are desperate for attention hack into the servers and ruining it for people who want to play fair.

I don't know that they were doing it to draw attention to themselves as much as they were the vulnerability. Given the kind of access they obviously had, they could easily have given everyone every medal, manipulated stats, etc. Unlocking all the weapons was only a minor setback for the admins relatively speaking.

At least with the weapon unlocks EA can easily fix what was done to the DB even if they don't have any rollback or backup, since the number of unlocks can be calculated from the global score. I don't think anyone would complain if they got a chance to reselect their unlocks based on their score?

I just hope they don't do a large rollback, cause I've been doing some mighty fine playing lately.

What a joke of a company.

They give us all this bullshit about why we can't host our own ranked servers privately because of security issues and they get their asses violated personally by hackers.

Those of you who think unlocking these weapons ruins the game obviously haven't used them too much. Most of the alternative weapons are barely comparable to their regular counterparts (Some are even less effective, actually).

thats pretty funny, I don't play that much(BF2 or any game really as of late) and I fired it up for the first time in a week and I had all the unlocks, I thought it was just a server mod(but was kinda confused that it was a ranked server) and I guess now I know.

i got the weapons unlocked, and im PISSED...I like earning shit myself, thank you very much. Lame shit... I got like 7 ribbons/medals today as a pilot though =D
my friend got like 40 though.... lol...

wfalcon said:
I dont mind the unlocks. I'm sure EA will rectify that soon enough. However, I'm really going to be pissed if these guys start messing with the stats and making 5 million Sergeant Majors, etc.
They don't seem the sort of guys to do that. They were pointing out a security flaw, and EA's absolute lack of care for anything. They wanted to prove how vulnerable the servers where, and make EA (deservedly) look like a complete and utter idiot. They didn't do it cause they wanted the attention on themselves, they are probably gamers themselves so I doubt they will be doing too much more.

Mind you, they could be famous last words... :p lol

I'm not very fond of the unlocked weapons either, especially the sniper rifle. I tried it for a bit yesterday and couldn't hit shit, the M24 is much better.

G3 and G36c both have a little bit better aim and recoil, but at the cost of an optical scope for the G36 and no grenade launcher and little ammo for the G3.

mine are all unlocked too... lol

the people on those boards are... something else...

ElectronicTart
Private

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what my ID is, but I guess Im in the select few... 5... million. Oh well. Lucky lucky me.

I actually thought I got all those weapons as a reward for my Lance Corporal promotion. Of course I knew I should of only gotten one pick, but I didnt really put too much thought into it. Besides, I consider this a good thing. Now I can brag to all my friends about my superiority. Because I am superior and these guns will be the proof.

Back