BF2 ranked servers hacked

This sucks. I take a break for 2 days and miss a chance to try every weapon. GODDAMN IT. They have fixed it already I heard.

Oh well, doesn't much matter since vehicles own everything when you get down to it.

They say it's been fixed but will actually take effect tomorrow morning.

For me in the UK that basically means tonight is my last chance to try out the guns.

Frankly I'm glad this happened. Since 10,000 is such a ridiculous score to get for each unlock, it's nice to be able to sample the weapons before I have to make a choice I'm stuck with for a long time.

Frankly the unlocking per score just rewards those with tons of time on their hands, and NOT neccessarily any skill. I tend to be in the top 3 EVERY round I play, but I only play for a few hours a few days a week. I'm projected to get to corporal in 45 days...

I've found that the improved guns are only as good as the player using them. Well, that and they're generally worthless against vehicles for the most part...That's where most of the pwning comes from.

One can actually use the new guns even when they do the rollback, by simply picking up the kit of a fallen player. (your team or theirs)

The G3 is nice, wish it had a bit more ammo. The Enfield is also nice, it was what I was going to use for my first unlock.

I'm joining the growing masses that are unsatisfied with the Barrett, completely unsatisfied.

Seems that it's the DAO-12 that's got the long reload time, not the Jackhammer.

Really didn't play with the spec ops gun at all.

I'm not saying the G3 is bad, the stopping power and recoil/accuracy is great, The four 20 round clips is a real ball buster though, and the lack of the added grenade launcher blows. In my opinion the grenade launcher is what makes the assault class.

I have a question, if everyone is so excited about having all the weapons, would you play on an unranked server that had all the weapons unlocked?

I ask because we have a server that is unfortunately unranked so it gets zero play on it with everyone so worried about stats and ranks. What I hear in this thread is some guys are more interested in getting the unlocked weapons then stats.

which unlock weapon do you guys recommend getting then?

I mainly play as ASSAULT or SPECIAL OPS. But, I'd like to hear what the best unlock is, since I'm at 951pts and I'll be able to unlock a weapon soon.

go with the spec ops one, its a good one. i picked the m95 and it didnt disapoint me. did strike at karkland, shot a guy DEAD right through the windshield while he was swerving and driving fast. eh, m95 is powerful weapon

Genocidal[v2] said:
I'm not saying the G3 is bad, the stopping power and recoil/accuracy is great, The four 20 round clips is a real ball buster though, and the lack of the added grenade launcher blows. In my opinion the grenade launcher is what makes the assault class.

The nade weapon is my favorite. I use it as my primary weapon. I only use the bullets when I run out of nades.

Disarray said:
I have a question, if everyone is so excited about having all the weapons, would you play on an unranked server that had all the weapons unlocked?

I ask because we have a server that is unfortunately unranked so it gets zero play on it with everyone so worried about stats and ranks. What I hear in this thread is some guys are more interested in getting the unlocked weapons then stats.
The thing is, if you don't have time to play all day every day, would you rather spend 5 hours on a ranked server gaining points, or an unranked one gaining nothing?

The ranking system, unfortunately, has produced this mentality.

People just don't wanna 'waste time' as it were.

I have got to try this when I get home. I'm an anti-tank whore and when I hit lance corp. I chose the anti-tank shotty, which is really doing nothing for my tank-killing abilities. Is the Engineer shotty more powerful? Will it hurt armor?

Genocidal[v2] said:

Word. I have the G3, and I'll only take it if it's a medium range engagement, and I"m not in a vehicle whoring mode. If you're gonna spawn into a contested flag, the noob tube launcher is the best thing you can take. It's almost like having the Rocket launcher in quake 2.

no the Engie shotty will not hurt armor. If your an AT whore who isnt enjoying his auto-shotty you wont like playing engie and waiting for tanks to come to you.

Almost all of the locked weapons feel like a downgrade. They swap for different aspects/styles of fighting, like the SpecOps trades range for hitting power. Definately try out your Alt weapon on an unlocked server before unlocking it. I hear lotsa guys who switch back after a while.

i legitly unlock the AT shotgun and man that gun rocks.. at first i was unsure if i should have done it but after a bit of practice i'm an infantry killing machine! It's true that it does take a long time to reload but thats because i was use to reloading everytime i fired that puppy off, so now i only reload with less then 4 shells and never reload when i'm in the thick of it, i just use my pistol :)

Kevin Lowe said:
Lucky you. That stat site up there informed me that, at my current rate of play, I will unlock my first weapon in 101 days.

Apparently EA isn't interested in that whole "people with jobs" market, instead focusing on those who somehow have 8+ hours a day to play.

Of heaven forbid, the people with jobs, and two kids! I dont play every day, and I sure dont play for hours on end. To me its idiotic to have to wait till 10k to get another weapon, and then 25k for the next? Ill likley not reach that for a year.

Im glad they got hacked, it let me try the weapons.

Genocidal[v2] said:

I agree, I tried it when it was unlocked, and was very suprised there was no nade. It too makes the class to me. While it will probably be my next unlock, I may change my mind because of that fact.

the sniper rifle unlockable is by far the best, 1 hit kill and it is very accurate... I play medic a lot though, but my friend says the gun for it sucks... well I'm goin with the sniper..

I agree with those who say the amount of waiting time sucks for the next unlockables. While we have plenty of time during summer, classes restart in Sept!

If you guys miss the Unlocks, give this hack a try. It only works in single player and don't install the patches.

I perfer to play single player with 63 bots.

i think unlocks should be quicker too.. i had a lot more fun when the weapons were unlocked ...

what were they thinking ....

zacas said:
i think unlocks should be quicker too.. i had a lot more fun when the weapons were unlocked ...

what were they thinking ....

they want you to still be playing the game when the expansion comes so u buy that too.

BF2 The only FPS where you have to grind, to open up weapons. :rolleyes:

What EA / DICE fail to realize is that exploits like the medic thing, where you just keep reviving, or clans grinding kills, is caused directly by the unrealistic amount of points needed to unlock the weapons. If the goal was reasonable people who strive to achieve it, but when it is going to take a year to unlock your second weapon, people are going to find ways to get around this.

And to all those who say the point totals are place holders. When I purchased BF2 I purchased a finished retail game, not a beta test.

bonkrowave said:
And to all those who say the point totals are place holders. When I purchased BF2 I purchased a finished retail game, not a beta test.

Developers are always underestimating how fast players will progress in their game. Everytime a new mmorpg comes out, they say it will be months before anyone gets to the highest level, and everytime people are reaching that max level in weeks.

Now this is just speculation, because Dice hasn't said anything about the high points requirements, but if they are just place holders then i'm kind of glad because now they can adjust it accordingly. However... I'm willing to bet that they are just a bunch of monkies and have no clue what they are doing :rolleyes: :D

bonkrowave said:
When I purchased BF2 I purchased a finished retail game, not a beta test.

Apologies, I had to LOL at that for a few minutes.

Apologies again, I do not intend to be an ass here...Several would beg to differ that this is a finished game...Quite sadly.

EA, postpone your damn expansion packs until you can show that your asses can't get haxored and handed to you by outside sources, benign or not.

Satyrist said:
Apologies, I had to LOL at that for a few minutes.

Apologies again, I do not intend to be an ass here...Several would beg to differ that this is a finished game...Yet.

Does a finished game include security issues that are blatently obvious, or game breaking bugs like people on your team showing up as red. or the inability to chose widescreen resolutions in the video options menu, or "True" widescreen included at all, I could keep going on.

If you think BF2 was not a buggy release, then you must not be playing it.

bonkrowave said:
Does a finished game include security issues that are blatently obvious, or game breaking bugs like people on your team showing up as red. or the inability to chose widescreen resolutions in the video options menu, or "True" widescreen included at all, I could keep going on.

I read your initial post wrong. Sorry, man.

Pretty much most (90-95%) of my feedback about BF2's release coincides with yours. Putting it simply, EA forced Dice to push this out too early.

Just because every other publisher is using the "fuck it if it's not finished, we'll fix it after it's shipped, when we feel like it" philosophy as gospel, doesn't make it right by any means.

Though I will say, I want to give EA a fair shake here; When they force everyone to pay through the teeth to rent one a ranked server, (that the payees don't even have access to, for 'security reasons') and then get their asses hacked and served to them, though...It's clear pretty much that they have no clue, and even less in the way of ethics.

EA, you got my money, little sense about me bitching about it now I suppose.

That said, I'll be making a delayed purchase in the future with any future EA product...Say 6 months after release-(hopefully) Most/all bugs should be eliminated, and ought to be cheaper than upon release.

fuck EA.

and fuck Vivendi too, while I'm at it.

:p

Satyrist said:
Just because every other publisher is using the "fuck it if it's not finished, we'll fix it after it's shipped, when we feel like it" philosophy as gospel, doesn't make it right by any means.

fuck EA.

and fuck Vivendi too, while I'm at it.

:p

Exactly, could not have said it better myself.

Not to sidetrack from the main issue, but one thing I truely appreciate about console games is the fact that I can purchase a console game and have no doubts to wether or not it is going to work when I turn the game on. :)

Shipping a bugged game just because you can fix it through patches is unacceptable.

another huge glitch: the team ballance feature. everytime the teams are uneven, it takes someone in a good position (squad leader, commander, squad member with friends) and puts u on the other team
this happened to me while playing with my friends, I was the squad leader and he was on my squad. I got auto teamed after a really long run with a blackhawk (60 points minimum)

The weapons are fixed, and I just got lance corporal rank. I went for the sniper rifle and I'm loving it.

I think the autobalance just bumps the top player over. Since you were in a chopper cooperating with other people in your squad, you racked up a lot of points probably. You should really strive for mediocrity and go solo.

I will also be delaying any future EA purchases. I can probably add Valve to that list too.

black_b[ ]x said:
I think the autobalance just bumps the top player over. Since you were in a chopper cooperating with other people in your squad, you racked up a lot of points probably. You should really strive for mediocrity and go solo.

I will also be delaying any future EA purchases. I can probably add Valve to that list too.

But I loooooooooooove flying. it is soooooooooooooooo fun.

black_b[ ]x said:

Mediocrity? I almost always play solo and I rarely ever end up below the top three spots in the game. You don't have to belong to a squad to be a team player.

bonkrowave said:

What blatent security issues are there? The hacker had to have some considerable computer skills to be able to hack the server.

People on ur team showing up as red is a "game breaking" bug? I've only seen this once in the many hours that I have played. It hasnt exactly stopped me, or others, from playing.

Widescreen? How is this a bug? When did the developers promised this feature?

Before you keep going, please think first.

GlimmerMan said:
What blatent security issues are there? The hacker had to have some considerable computer skills to be able to hack the server.
The hacker first told EA about the bug and whne they did nothing then he hacked in. It helps to know what the hell you are talking about. :rolleyes:

People on ur team showing up as red is a "game breaking" bug? I've only seen this once in the many hours that I have played. It hasnt exactly stopped me, or others, from playing.
Thats great you have only seen it once, that doesn't mean your gameplay is the same as everyone elses. It is game breaking when you can tell who is on your side and who isn't and you are kicked for Tking.
Widescreen? How is this a bug? When did the developers promised this feature?
Before you keep going, please think first.
Any half decent game supports widescreen, hell Giants Citizen Kabuto did, and how old is that game. Any game that does not support "True" widescreen is sad, its just the developers being lazy.

And congradulations on your last line there Captain Asshat. Your medal is in the mail, address to no one gives a F......

Back