• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF2 Patch Tomorrow!

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Strange. I downloaded it from the link above. :confused: Don't know what to tell ya, bud.


Now i'm just getting an unable to connect screen. Server must have gotten overwhelmed.
 
Blinkme323 said:
I renamed my movies and .exe file too and it won't boot. Can I fix this without reinstalling?

Unfortunately I couldn't. I'm thinking a config file somewhere got borked. Luckily I have the DVD version so a re-install is pretty painless.
 
I just uninstalled and downloaded the 1.2 full patch. However, I couldn't reinstall. I have a small scratch on my disk and it couldn't read one of the files (Dragon Valley Map). Rather than ignoring the error, it canceled the installation. I couldn't get by it.

So, I have to download a torrent of it. There weren't any torrents for Cd1, so I have to download the DVD version which is like 2gb. Then, I'll mount it on Daemon tools and run it from there.

This should be perfectly legal right? I bought the game and have a cd key. It's amazing how many loops I have to jump through just to get the game running.
 
Blinkme323 said:
I just uninstalled and downloaded the 1.2 full patch. However, I couldn't reinstall. I have a small scratch on my disk and it couldn't read one of the files (Dragon Valley Map). Rather than ignoring the error, it canceled the installation. I couldn't get by it.

So, I have to download a torrent of it. There weren't any torrents for Cd1, so I have to download the DVD version which is like 2gb. Then, I'll mount it on Daemon tools and run it from there.

This should be perfectly legal right? I bought the game and have a cd key. It's amazing how many loops I have to jump through just to get the game running.

Wrong. Torrent = illegal any way you look at it. Take the copy back to the story and exchange it for another one, it shouldn't be scratched unless YOU did it
 
IceWind said:
Wrong. Torrent = illegal any way you look at it. Take the copy back to the story and exchange it for another one, it shouldn't be scratched unless YOU did it

Wrong.

He owns a license. He can get as many copies as he wants.
 
Just read the BF2 EULA and see what it says about having copies of the game/disks. You can try the retailer to get a new CD but I don't think that'll fly. You may also contact EA re: warranty support for the CD but that may have only lasted 90 days. All these questions and more will be answered in the almighty EULA.
 
Well, I started the torrent before the post and it is at 20% now. Should I cancel it? I bought the game in July, so I doubt the retailer can do anything for me. Is there anyway to get around the install error, only 1 file is corrupted. I guess I could get the disc from one of my friends at school tommorrow to install it. My disc works fine for the autorun and only has one minor scratch.
 
Blinkme323 said:
Well, I started the torrent before the post and it is at 20% now. Should I cancel it? I bought the game in July, so I doubt the retailer can do anything for me. Is there anyway to get around the install error, only 1 file is corrupted. I guess I could get the disc from one of my friends at school tommorrow to install it. My disc works fine for the autorun and only has one minor scratch.

Good idea to borrow the disk from your friend and use your key. I seriously wouldn't mess with the torrent file but I'm not a torrent user so... bla bla bla
 
Wait a minute. Doesn't EA have a new downloader like Steam. Can I use that to download it legally?
 
Opie said:
Wrong.

He owns a license. He can get as many copies as he wants.


Eh, it's still illegal because he's using a torrent.


Torrent=Seeding

Which amounts to sharing with hundreds and thousands of other people.

Sharing = Illegal


Doesn't matter if he owns an original copy or not what he plans to do is still illegal.
 
Blinkme323 said:
Wait a minute. Doesn't EA have a new downloader like Steam. Can I use that to download it legally?

I don't think you can download original BF2 through the downloader.

Anyone else? Can you?
 
I haven't even been able to login, my password is incorrect it says, and my account already exsists when I try to create a new one. My friends tried to download the game through the downloader but we think its cause the versions we have are cds. You have to buy a downloader cdkey.
 
Alright I decided against the torrent. I don't want to get into trouble over an EA game. ;) I did manage to get it to work though. I made an image of disc 1 using Alcohol 120. It had some errors, but I ran the install from a virtual drive. Surprisingly, it worked. An error came up for Dragon Valley, but it continued and everything other than that map (which I hate anyway) works fine.

While I was at it, I made a 3mb mini image from my BF2 cd and mounted it in Daemon tools. I'll use this to launch instead of my cd.
 
I had the same problems with installing BF2 on my second DVD drive. You don't happen to have multiple drives? It would only install properly from my primary drive. But after that runs fine from my slot loader.

I really like the no dolphin diving now :cool: And my Special Forces actually runs properly now. Good job so far.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Just read the BF2 EULA and see what it says about having copies of the game/disks. You can try the retailer to get a new CD but I don't think that'll fly. You may also contact EA re: warranty support for the CD but that may have only lasted 90 days. All these questions and more will be answered in the almighty EULA.

Fair Use hasnt gone up against the DMCA in court so thats a gray area. Most would say that you are legaly allowed a backup. Hell, click-through EULAs may not even be valid.....

Re: torrents, I stand corrected. I completely forgot about the share part of it, mostly because theres several faster way to get files, but not many are as convenient.
 
thats what extra hard drives are for. :) i just got 2 160gb heh :)

i make it a habit to have my games backed up and always store them well, regardless of what the EULA says, probably less than 20% read it.

anyways back on topic, LETS ROCK new patch seems fine and readily available, fileplanet and having xfire pwns!

 
Back
Top