BF2 PATCH FOUND

DerGeier

n00b
I was just messing around on EA´s ftp and stumbled upon a file that has todays timestamp
and its called bf2patch_v_101.exe it appears to be legit but i don´t have a way to test it here (i´m at work) so any brave soul who wants to test send me a PM for the link.

PS the link is to a FTP server in EA i have scanned the file for virus and spyware and i think it´s clean but i suggest you test it cause you never know.

Regards !!!

Considering that they announced it, I would tend to believe it's legit.

Talon Blackrazor said:
Considering that they announced it, I would tend to believe it's legit.

oh maybe i missed it i have read announcements of an incomming patch but no news as to when it was going out. Also they promised Editors and such and haven´t delivered so...

Server patch at 12:00 and client at 3:00 (6:00 and 9:00 CET). It's about that time :)

Talon Blackrazor said:
Server patch at 12:00 and client at 3:00 (6:00 and 9:00 CET). It's about that time :)

never mind then... it´s actually pretty small considering POE "patches" where like 300mb
and this one is just like 13 Mb.

yep looks to be the right one...all the info matches up... im gonna wait though to install it

yep its back on the ftp ;) with the changelog

- Patch v1.01
Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.

Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.

Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on reflective surfaces.

Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't exist anymore.

Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.

LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.

I can't even log into the server now. It keeps saying unique nick is incorrect. What the hell.

I downloaded the patch from FP.

They didn't even fix the fucking server browser, let alone any of the in-game issues. And on top of that, there's now dozens of hackers scattered across the servers.

What a fucking waste of $50.

I am really getting pissed off. I can't log in.

When I signed into FP to download the patch, it said there are two accounts associated with this account.

mr.staples
Mr.Staples

I erased the first. Do you think that could have affected my BF2 account any because I would normally use the first name to log onto BF2. I have done manage accounts, retreive password and they come back with the info that I am using. Do you think if I erase the account, it just erases it off the PC or does delete erase it from the EA network?

Staples said:
I am really getting pissed off. I can't log in.

When I signed into FP to download the patch, it said there are two accounts associated with this account.

mr.staples
Mr.Staples

I erased the first. Do you think that could have affected my BF2 account any because I would normally use the first name to log onto BF2. I have done manage accounts, retreive password and they come back with the info that I am using. Do you think if I erase the account, it just erases it off the PC or does delete erase it from the EA network?

Dude, just download it from freaking EA's site, screw FP.

So the damn stuttering isn't fixed? Screw everything else that is wrong with the game just fix that and I would be happy!

Yesterday i updated my sound blaster drivers (Audigy 2 ZS plat...bla bla) and the game went to hell maybe cause of Dx or something i had to do a reinstall and the i had lots of trouble login to new servers.

little patch sucks :(

Good. :D The readme file in the link next to it is server only stuff, but I just noticed its dated Mar 29th:

========================================================================
Battlefield 2™ Server v1.01
ReadMe File
March 29th 2005
========================================================================

This game is actualy resetting my DSL modem. I'll get "problem with connection" in game and then the ready light on the modem starts to blink. At first i thought it was a loose connection but no. NO other game does this. I stopped playing it and went back to EQ2 and all was fine. and just now i downloaded the patch and started a game and after 10 min. BAM DSL modem reset again.

It's like something down the line in the Dslam doesn't like the way the game is transmitting the data and it drops my connection.

SkullE said:
This game is actualy resetting my DSL modem. I'll get "problem with connection" in game and then the ready light on the modem starts to blink. At first i thought it was a loose connection but no. NO other game does this. I stopped playing it and went back to EQ2 and all was fine. and just now i downloaded the patch and started a game and after 10 min. BAM DSL modem reset again.

It's like something down the line in the Dslam doesn't like the way the game is transmitting the data and it drops my connection.

ive had that issue a few times

this needs to be addressed ASAP

> this needs to be addressed ASAP

Better complain to your cable/DSL modem manufacturer then.

Back