BF2 at CompUSA $34.99!

I just went to CompUSA to get my copy of BF2, despite the website saying that it was delivery only, they had plenty in stock at the Store in west county Saint Louis, and to my surprise after the transaction and I paid my $49.99, I was handed a rebate form for $15! Its a sweet deal and I look forward to fragging you all! :D

If I'm not mistaken, that $15 is a gift card, not a cash rebate. A minor distinction if you shop at CompUSA, but still...

I just went to CompUSA last night -- it was a $15 gift card by mail. You can even see the ad here.

I preordered it online and it hasn't even shipped yet. Should have known not to order from CompUSSR... last time ever, gift card is going to a friend.

wait..do they ahnd you the giftcard right away..or a form to receive the giftcard??

sKiDmArK said:
I preordered it online and it hasn't even shipped yet. Should have known not to order from CompUSSR... last time ever, gift card is going to a friend.

I also pre-ordered from CompUSSR and it hasn't shipped yet. This is the first and last time I'm ordering from them. I may try to cancel the order tomorrow and just walk down to ebgames store. Hell with the free T-shirt and evil $15 GC.

GlimmerMan said:
I also pre-ordered from CompUSSR and it hasn't shipped yet. This is the first and last time I'm ordering from them. I may try to cancel the order tomorrow and just walk down to ebgames store. Hell with the free T-shirt and evil $15 GC.

mine was shipped. shoudl be here tomorrow.

Sweet deal, I just paid 57 for it with tax and all @ EB. Damn guy didn't speak clearly, and when I aknowledged him meantioning something about it being protected in case of scratches... apparently that cost me $3 and I didn't realize it untill I got home.

thehooligan said:
I just went to CompUSA to get my copy of BF2, despite the website saying that it was delivery only, they had plenty in stock at the Store in west county Saint Louis, and to my surprise after the transaction and I paid my $49.99, I was handed a rebate form for $15! Its a sweet deal and I look forward to fragging you all! :D
You mean the store in Ballwin? I might have to do this....since after these promo sales end, it will probably be a while before it drops below $50, GC or no GC.

It is a form for a 15$ gift card, (Im sure it will take the usuall 3-4 months to arrive, but it beats paying retail and waiting a week for shipping and getting nothing) and yes it was at the Ballwin store. Im sure the 15$ will come in handy sooner or later, always need more blank CDs and DVDs, printer paper, etc..

oh and BTW, the game kicks ass.

I just got an email from those fucking idiots. They are sold out of BF2 on dvd, but I can get the CD version if I want ooooo. But of course I have to wait another week for them to ship it I am sure. What is wrong with them? Why did it take them this long to notify me? Every time I buy anything from them its a pain in the ass. No wonder best buy is handing them their asses.
I just got done with a pretty long and difficult week at work, and I want to unwind a bit with some solid gaming. BB has it in stock right up the road, but of course I wont get any preorder deals. Fuck compusa.

I was able to get Best Buy to match that Fry's ad, even though the only one near us is about 2hrs away. It all depends on the manager and what you're pricematching, but they did this one.

Compusa, when I checked with an employee at the register, they said they consider Fry's a warehouse and don't pricematch.

BB had a display box with the games and luckily they had DVD versions left. CUSA had only CD versions. I couldn't find any at Circuit City to even begin to pricematch.

I got my compusa to price match Fry's $37.99 deal even though the deal was expired and there was no Fry's in the state. Now to send of my $15 gift card....

Darkstar850 said:
I just got an email from those fucking idiots. They are sold out of BF2 on dvd, but I can get the CD version if I want ooooo...... Fuck compusa.

Same thing happened to me... so I want to EB and got mine..

you must be a real moron about sending rebates out if you've never gotten ANY back. i've gotten all my rebates back, which is well over 10, including samsung, sony, verizon, western digital, seagate, i could go on.

well some people don't like the hassle of rebates... they just want the discount straight up :)

who does like the hassle of rebates hehe.. evryone wants the discount straight up!! jsut some people is more... patience hehe

oipunkz said:
Same thing happened to me... so I want to EB and got mine..

Ditto, went to Best Buy and got it. Thanks to the jackasses for not notifying me until 3 days after it was supposed to ship.

And this is the company that can't seem to understand why Best Buy keeps handing them their asses like a bulldozer going over a field of kittens. I tried calling them to see if they could get me 2 day shipping or something, but the "customer service" reps were rude and uncaring, so I just cancelled my order.

Not sure if either Microcenters have this problem, but I visited my local MC this evening (Fairfax, VA) and they still had the preorder boxes on display. They were offering the free headset as well as a coupon for $20 of BF2 Zboard cover. So for those of you that haven't picked one up and can wait a bit longer...

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the Fry's ad saved on their computer or floating around on paper? Was going to try and pricematch it even if its out of date. Thanks

Well my local CompUsa still have this deal going on. $50 with a $15 MIR gift card. However they only have the cd version and not the dvd version of the game.

max|m look on the first page because I posted a link to the fry's ad, dont know if it still has the one you are looking for but thats their ad paper

I just called all of the surrounding stores, and they are sold out of the CD and DVD version :( You really got to jump on these things ehhhh?

Back