BF2 1.03 Patch Released!!! Link Inside

downloading the patch now :)

but there is one thing thats making me really nervous
' Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address'

does that mean if enough morons/noobs decide to run into my grenades, or be retarded enough to stand in front of me when im shooting, i will end up having my bf2 cd key taken away and be forced to buy another copy? :(
 
No, I believe that will just ban your cd-key from that particular server.
 
furiousfords89 said:
downloading the patch now :)

but there is one thing thats making me really nervous
' Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address'

does that mean if enough morons/noobs decide to run into my grenades, or be retarded enough to stand in front of me when im shooting, i will end up having my bf2 cd key taken away and be forced to buy another copy? :(

No, this just means if you get banned by a server for whatever reason it'll ban you by Cd-key, not IP address. No biggy.
 
HELP!!!!

The BF2 Account Server is refusing my connection!

I don't know why, can anyone help?
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
No, this just means if you get banned by a server for whatever reason it'll ban you by Cd-key, not IP address. No biggy.


Except you may get kicked off your favorite server for good because of stupid people not knowing how to properly play the game. As a commander this scares me because some people are like bugs to a light when the arty fires off......
 
You don't get TK's for arty anymore, it shouldn't matter that much in that scenario. If they don't move it's on their shoulders not yours.
 
mETRo said:
You don't get TK's for arty anymore, it shouldn't matter that much in that scenario. If they don't move it's on their shoulders not yours.


I just noticed that! Thank god!

- Commanders no longer accrue a TK when artillery hits
teammates.
- The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D-
map icon in the world.



awwwww yeah! still downloading however :p
 
The server browser doesnt work well anymore. When it first lists the servers, most have high pings in three-digit area. Then when I try to filter or update, the list goes empty. And there is nothing I can do to get a list of servers, except to restart the game.
Anyone else with this problem?
 
GlimmerMan said:
The server browser doesnt work well anymore. When it first lists the servers, most have high pings in three-digit area. Then when I try to filter or update, the list goes empty. And there is nothing I can do to get a list of servers, except to restart the game.
Anyone else with this problem?

I had this problem ever since the 1.02 patch. Still happens sometimes. Most of the time when you click on a 3-digit ping server, it will drop to double digits. It has been for me.
 
mETRo said:
They're all good, and it really depends on how much close-range combat you'll be doing. I have the G3, the G36C, and the M95. I would have chosen the L85A1 but I like to get into sniper mode sometimes and the M95 is a great .50 cal for that. The G3 is very accurate and does a lot of damage, while at very close range the G36C will put a hurting on people.

If you don't particulalrly like to snipe then I would go with all the closer-range weapons, so no matter which kit you have you'll have a nice primary weapon.

Thanks bro. I went ahead and grabbed the G36C, L85A1 and the M95. I've never been a medic before so I figured L85A1 would give me incentive. I picked the M95 just because I want to try sniping a helo pilot. :D
 
anyone else install it nand it not actually istall, i installed the patch and it still has me on 1.02 ive reinstalled the game 2 times and it just doesnt work. it says it installed correctly but when i go to play it shows me as 1.02. i dl my 1.03 directly from the EA website.
 
looks like 1.03 broke the team autobalance on a lot of servers. Games are unfair as hell now with people switching to gay up the teams. Fucking great. They fix a couple things, and manage to break a others...... Also this mass promotion thing is pathetic. I went from midway to corp to gunnery sargeant in 1 kill and a flag cap. Plus earned my vet award for commanding...... how the hell, that was supposed to take years. :rolleyes:
 
WTF? I liked the idea of giving points for the Spec Ops.. but hell.. I just got through playing and took out the UAV trailer.. only to have it respawn in about 30 seconds after blowing it up. has anyone experienced the same?
 
magnetik said:
WTF? I liked the idea of giving points for the Spec Ops.. but hell.. I just got through playing and took out the UAV trailer.. only to have it respawn in about 30 seconds after blowing it up. has anyone experienced the same?


Are you sure some experienced commander didnt do a supply drop on the blown assets?

go back, use the supply crate for more c4 and get more points.
 
on some maps they dont need a crate :eek: im sure it a bug they overlooked, i know on mashturre city ont he
us side they dont need a crate but on MEC you need crates to repair them.


i like the new ranking system, got 3 new weapon unlocks with 3 points :p
 
Wildace said:
i like the new ranking system, got 3 new weapon unlocks with 3 points :p

so did i lol, i only have the DAO-12 left to unlock. but since EA made it harder for people to stat pad, i have found a crapload more people using the noob tube
:mad:
 
GlimmerMan said:
The server browser doesnt work well anymore. When it first lists the servers, most have high pings in three-digit area. Then when I try to filter or update, the list goes empty. And there is nothing I can do to get a list of servers, except to restart the game.
Anyone else with this problem?

Yeah. had that. What I did to not ahve to restart the game was change the filter requirements by unckecking one of the boxes like "not full" and applying it and it then repopulated the list again. Kinda whack, but not a super huge deal. I also saw enemies with blue names, and got TK'd a few times by the same guy.... but I'm diggin on the prommotion, and lo and behold, is that a transport heli I see sitting empty? :D
 
I'm hosting a mirror of the patch on my website.

www.kennedyma.com/bf2_patch_103.exe

Let me know if it goes down and I will try and get it back up. It's just a site I host out of my house but I do have a 10Mbps upload cap. Rape away. Also if you are downloading please post your throughput. I would like to know how fast it really is.
 
Man, I noticed last night there were nothing but good players playing. Also, it was crazy how good the teamwork was.

IE: the noobs hadn't upgraded yet. (don't know about it, etc.)

IE: Only hardcore players had upgraded that fast.
 
is it worth it? i haven't been online on that game for a few weeks. FEAR MP has my attention. so is it worth the dl?
 
Definitely worth it. I love playin BF2 again, and it's finally the way it should be.


And yeah I notcied yesterday I was playing with some pretty good groups of people, nothing but good team work.
 
The 1.03 patch is still buggy. Teammates with red-tags are still present. Also, the favorites server browser is also screwy.
 
I heard somebody pipe up about no widescreen support, and I'm forcing 1280x1024 with the shortcut. Does this still work, and how prevelant is this issue with the player's tags being red/blue?
 
Is the mini map to the upper right corner bigger for anyone? And its also always in the large view.
 
I must say, I felt the teamwork above average...even for me! I actually joined a squad!! :D
 
Back
Top