BF 2 1.5 September 1st

Wow how is the BF2 engine hideous. Damn, I think it's held up pretty well. Not to mention it runs like butter now even at high resolutions and 8xAA.

Because it has 4 colors and 3 of them all look the same.

1. Washed out grey
2. Washed out yellow
3. Washed out green

4. Washed out blue

Wow how is the BF2 engine hideous. Damn, I think it's held up pretty well. Not to mention it runs like butter now even at high resolutions and 8xAA.

It's a 4 1/2 year old game! It better run like butter on today's hardware. :p

I wish. So many skippers it isn't funny. That is the crappy netcode and folks from Australia trying to play on a US server too. I hate high pingers, they have "lag armor" b/c you can't hit them with bullets, just explosives or run over their butts.

Hmm...well, maybe I'll play this today. WYLM: You gonna be on BF2 today sometime?

Yeah, he's not a lot of fun to play against either.

So what's the deal, are they really trying to pawn off BF1943 WWII AGAIN AGAIN on us? Or was this all some big joke and we can expect BF3? UGh...I can't stand WWII shooters, but if they make it pretty enough...

I think the game looks fantastic. The people complaining about the graphics need their heads examined (I mean that in the nicest possible way. ;) )

The desert maps look like washed out yellow...because it's a desert. I'm working in a desert. Deserts don't all have white sand.

The hit boxes have been improved considerably. I can take out opponents in a couple squeezes of the trigger. That was impossible before...at least for me.

Hell, I'm even enjoying playing 64 player matches against bots.

The desert maps look like washed out yellow...because it's a desert. I'm working in a desert. Deserts don't all have white sand.

I'm glad someone else was thinking this as well. I cannot imagine playing a game set in the desert and having a rainbow of color being displayed. The sun, sand, and rock in a desert often all appear the same color. And if your military in that environment, why not wear something that blends in as your camo? That certainly makes more sense than wearing bright reds, blues and greens in order to allow everyone to see you miles away...

Ok, I need serious help. I can't kill anyone for shit but die constantly. There must be something very basic I'm failing hard at. Any tips?

That's the problem. We're fighting in a desert. A boring, open, and what has always looked a bit unfinished to me. Contrast that w/ the Far Cry island and it's brilliant use of color.

We need variety w/ this game. Night maps, GREEN island maps, snow mountain maps, city maps, rural maps, ocean maps. Some of this has been done in BF before, but it's just not pretty...or complete IMO. I always feel like they didn't finish making the map. :(

Yeah, he's not a lot of fun to play against either.

So what's the deal, are they really trying to pawn off BF1943 WWII AGAIN AGAIN on us? Or was this all some big joke and we can expect BF3? UGh...I can't stand WWII shooters, but if they make it pretty enough...

BF3 is in development but there are no details yet. 1943 is just a stop along the way.

Ok, I need serious help. I can't kill anyone for shit but die constantly. There must be something very basic I'm failing hard at. Any tips?

Be more specific.

No offense but a lot of you sound like crybabies complaining about the graphics lol.

Last edited:
Be more specific. No offense but a lot of you sound like crybabies complaining about the graphics lol.
lol...I'm the one bitching about the colors. He's just really bad at this game.

Now everybody calm down and read this guide on Mastering Battlefield 2 from 4ys ago!

It contains time honored traditions such as:

"Always Play As a Sniper!"
"Place Hundreds of Exciting Clan Letters In Your Name!"
"Randomly Bail Out of Aircraft and Vehicles With No Warning!"
"If Somebody Is Using a Ground Vehicle's Gun, Get In and Drive It Away!"

and my personal favorite...

"That Jet is Your Jet!"
Battlefield 2 comes with an advanced, technologically breathtaking feature which allows players to virtually "claim" a vehicle they want. You accomplish this by saying "GET OUT OF MY PLANE YOU FUCKER" repeatedly when somebody boards a jet you really want to pilot. You can claim any vehicle you want, but there's really no point in reserving any vehicle besides the jet or attack chopper because, really, those two are so awesome and you look like a real badass when you're flying them at 800 miles an hour into the side of a mountain while typing in racial slurs and trying to punish people for team kills they haven't committed quite yet.

I would like to add something to the above Jet tip. While SCREAMING PROFANITY FROM THE TOP OF CAPS LOCK does annoy, a much, much easier way of acquiring said Jet exists. First, always make sure you're joining a server that allows for team damage. Then all you have to do is:

1. Spawn
2. Run to the Jet
3. Shoot anyone else running to the Jet

It's really that simple.

*THIS JET IS MY JET! mY jET! ahAahahAahamuAHAHAH!112+3=JET*

Last edited:
Lol I personally like the bit about placing mines all over the base where even your own mates cant leave. Opps I forgot to space out the sentences.

Wow, leaked picks from BF3's Highway Tampa 2 map, to bad they all look like ugly desert ass...

LAND_LAV-25_Desert_Squad_lg.jpg

hires_080704-M-0074F-024b.jpg

2004655410085634987YgpqFA_fs.jpg

:p

That game looks like shit. Why does it have to be centered/based around real stuff? Vietnam, desert stuff, why not something on the north pole, space, or south america?

I don't think you really need to post any screenshots to prove that it has varied maps and colour palettes. Nobody sincerely believes that Karkand is the only map or colour scheme, they're just on a wind-up.

Anyone else seriously annoyed that with this patch they've managed to finally implement proper widescreen FOV support but the HUD is still kanker stretched? How hard would that have been for them to re-kafooble?

I am also having an X-Fi issue. The game and sound work fine but when I close BF2 I hear that Windows sound when something crashes but I get no errors. After that the sound works fine but I can not switch audio modes on the X-Fi control panel until I reboot. When attempting to switch modes, nothing happens. After rebooting everything is fine again.

Im having this exact same problem. someone stated that it wasn't related to bf2. well, i've been playin bf2 since it was released, i've always had it installed on my machine. its the first game to get reinstalled when i do a format and reinstall of os. this problem did not surface until the 1.5 patch. I literally played a few maps, exited, downloaded the 1.5 patch, installed it and played another map and now this strange problem. i get the 'crash sound' when exiting bf2 then i can't switch modes with the auzentech control panel. i can only solve this problem with a restart. shutting down the auzentech control panel and restarting it does not help.

I'm going to try a reinstall from scratch of bf2 to see if this solves my issue. maybe i'll try turning down my audio settings first. i'll have to wait till i get home to experiment. i'll update in a few days.

Wow, leaked picks from BF3's Highway Tampa 2 map, to bad they all look like ugly desert ass...

LAND_LAV-25_Desert_Squad_lg.jpg

This pic is in my theme for my PS3.

Those are old cammies though, wouldnt be in a new game. Wrong packs, wrong flaks, and we dont use lbv's anymore either.

Someone else want to feed the troll now?
Good god man, have a little fun. It's not like I'm the only one that finds the game unattractive.

Nobody sincerely believes that Karkand is the only map or colour scheme, they're just on a wind-up.
Haha, I know. That whole link was a massive spoof and worthy of many laughs. Actually though, there was one map w/ 2 carriers and pretty much aircraft only. What was the name of that map? I loved that map.

...proper widescreen FOV support but the HUD is still kanker stretched? How hard would that have been for them to re-kafooble?
Lame, really? But the FOV's proper, right? We get more Hor, it's not stretched...

Battlefield: Vietnam still blows this outta the water. :D :D
I never played that game. Really though? The setting definitely appeals to me, I like crowded atmosphere. BF 2/1942 all have a tendency to feel empty, but I bet this one does not.

Vietnam was a lot of fun, atleast for me...

Definitely needed a joystick to pilot heli/jets though, and it had some problems...

But overall I think I bought it on impulse for $50 when it came out and was satisfied, lost one of my disks and CD-case w/ CD-Key though...

I had to go back to settings 3 times to make sure they were all max, I thought the textures were sharper. It runs well, but netcode is still shit and it feels choppy control wise. Meh, played a bit and now it is time to retire it forever again.

Vietnam was a lot of fun, atleast for me...

Definitely needed a joystick to pilot heli/jets though, and it had some problems...

But overall I think I bought it on impulse for $50 when it came out and was satisfied, lost one of my disks and CD-case w/ CD-Key though...

Definitely better to play multiplayer, as is all BF games. I went back to 1942 after BFV came out probably because it appealed to me more. I'm a WWII guy.

I had to go back to settings 3 times to make sure they were all max, I thought the textures were sharper. It runs well, but netcode is still shit and it feels choppy control wise. Meh, played a bit and now it is time to retire it forever again.
You crazy man. :mad:
We had fun in the chopper years ago. Play with me again bro, I played all weekend. I got promoted twice in one day, I feel special!

You crazy man. :mad:
We had fun in the chopper years ago. Play with me again bro, I played all weekend. I got promoted twice in one day, I feel special!

lol, well hit me up sometime then! Damn, we had some good times...it has been ages.

Back