BF 2 1.5 September 1st

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by himmy, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Mangudai

Mangudai Limp Gawd

This use to happen to me and was a very common issue. I think there were remedies but its been so long I cant remember what they were.

Man im having a lot of fun playing this game again.

Honestly I don't even notice a difference, but its been a long time since ive played this game.

edit: I played some more today, the going prone affecting accuracy is very apparent(good).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. GlimmerMan

GlimmerMan Gawd

It's not BF2. There seems to be a problem switching audio modes after the PC wakes up from sleep. I have the same problem. I have to kill and restart both the X-Fi volume control and auto-switcher app to get the mode switching to work again after wake up from sleep.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  3. Baker_God

Baker_God [H]ard|Gawd

I find the the SF weapons to be a bit OP. They're so accurate compared to the reg. weapons, feels cheap to use them. Especially the G36-E, you can't miss with it. The vanilla BF2 weapons require some mastery. I feel the Special forces guns just kinda hand it too you. Though that could be due to my familiarity with the reg. guns........ Anyway, point is I avoid them. G3 FTW

4. Wildwhippy

Wildwhippy Limp Gawd

got to play with friendly fire off and squad required and still there goes the special ops guy sticking C4 to a humvee and then parking them to people waiting for a vehicle and then explode it

still seeing some people who likes to TK just to get helis and jets...getting so old :mad:

5. thetruth

thetruth Gawd

some of the larger servers are well adminned though. I saw several ppl kicked/banned for tking in one round alone. NBK, natural born killers and the big quebec all maps servers are two good ones.

6. Frraksurred

Frraksurred [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah, the TK'ing for vehicles has always been an issue. Nothing has changed with that, but finding a good server (eg:well adminned) and becoming a regular typically helps with that.

I'm enjoying the mini-revival BF2 is going through, plus many of the patches improvements. There are still tweaks that could be made, but for a 5 year old game, I'm pretty happy with what we've been given.

7. MetalX

MetalX [H]ardness Supreme

I'll try to look for it but if you know the NBK IP I'd be grateful.

8. lifeisgood416

lifeisgood416 n00bie

any error? have you checked your event viewer? I have to disabled desktop composition for BF2 in order to play without crashing to the desktop.

9. thetruth

thetruth Gawd

www.nbkgamers.com

75.102.47.7 standard port? could not see one sorry.

definitely a good server

10. M1ster_R0gers

M1ster_R0gers [H]ard [H]eaded

we should get a game organized.

11. doox00

doox00 2[H]4U

getting kicked for punkbuster communication error now that I just installed windows 7 64. I tried updating pb from evenbalance also.. same result

**nm reinstalled pb services and is fine now.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  12. AltTabbins

AltTabbins Muh Feelz Got [H]urt Right in the Pussy

Im running 7. Works fine for me.

13. malingjc

malingjc [H]ard|Gawd

I used pbsvc to uninstall and reinstall and still can't get into any servers. Augh.

14. thetruth

thetruth Gawd

Just got a nice BSOD after climbing to the top in a 64 man. Great. Forget it. Fun but not worth the hassle.

15. Ron FTL

Ron FTL [H]ard|Gawd

lol that sucks.

16. MetalX

MetalX [H]ardness Supreme

You'll be back.

17. bigbadgreen

bigbadgreen Gawd

some of the issues people seem to be having might be caused by fraps. Nobody mentioned if they are running it or not but we've had 3 people in my groupd of 5 that play that had wierd issues with bf2 after the patch until they updated to the latest fraps version. Desktop crashes, memory errors, and modified file errors as well. Even if they just had it running in the background. So if you're running fraps try an update.

as for the patch, it's taken me a bit to get used to. I never gave up playing bf2, mostly special forces, and the accuracy hit they gave to going prone has been a hard habit to break. It's easier to hit people when standing, and there is an accuracy hit even if you are set up in prone before firing and that is frustrating, To me it would seem easier to stabilize a gun in a prone position. It's a trivial matter though as I'm adjusting to it. I wish they would have added an AA kit with a stinger or something but that's wishful thinking.

18. sparky1_2007

sparky1_2007 2[H]4U

well, i got my guy 20,000 points, but it's taking some time for it to rank up my guy :(

sucks having that lag.

19. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

reinstalled today, haven't played BF2 in a long while. man i forgot how much fun this game is!

20. Wildwhippy

Wildwhippy Limp Gawd

Wow, just joined digital-anarchy server and the admins are just jerks.....i was first to go to the jet, he tried to do the demo team kill to get me off(he killed the off the other guy who was there also, but i got on....then he placed himself infront of it to get a "team kill" reason to kick me off the server. mature server my butt if the admins are the ones breaking their own rules and can get away with it :rolleyes:

21. sparky1_2007

sparky1_2007 2[H]4U

haha, yea, that's the only real server that i can acctually join, the rest say that im banned for some dang reason...

but yea, i ranked up by going onto a SF server and finished the round and it ranked me up and got me the unlocks :)

22. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

Haha Illusion is a dickhead, I avoid the DA servers as much as I can these days because of their asinine rules. I give props to those that are good at BF2 but these guys are just condescending presumptuous jerks.

My buddy Wayne--137[CSI]--and I tried to wreck havok on the DA clan members as much as possible back in the day.

Most of them are vehicle whores and aren't shit when it comes to infantry. Don't let those clowns ruin your fun.

23. jslater25

jslater25 Limp Gawd

IMHO, many admins, even on good servers, are jerks and have a tendency to abuse their power. I try to find a couple servers where the admins are <i>mostly</i> all good. If there's a bad apple in a bunch of 15 or 20, I'm okay with that.

Its been fascinating to watch the BF2 resurgence. So many people are flooding the servers again, so I do feel for the good admins trying to keep tabs on everyone.

24. Bop

Bop 2[H]4U

If you live in the Northeast some good servers are Quebec USQC *All Maps* , Full Contact War, and the Killer B servers. Usually the admins take out the trash.

25. WhyYouLoveMe

WhyYouLoveMe [H]ardness Supreme

The Killer B servers are excellent indeed.

26. Frraksurred

Frraksurred [H]ard|Gawd

I ran into this as well. I was getting a "corrupt memory fault" error until I either exited FRAPS or updated it to the latest. I updated and both have worked fine ever since.

27. Ludic

Ludic 2[H]4U

I wonder if BF2 will run in a Virtual Machine running XP on a Vista x64 host w/ my specs. Seeing as I can't get it to run in Vista natively.

28. dezertrat

dezertrat Limp Gawd

Prob not as 3d acceleration is "experimental" at best for VM's. what errrors /problems are you having ?

29. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

Full Contact War is a great server! :)

30. caddys83

caddys83 2[H]4U

Yeah, I play on there server too. They have a strict ban/kick rule and the dumbest rules. :rolleyes: Something about admins and their clan have priority to vehicles, jets or heli. And they kick people cause of their name tag. But I do think some abuse their admin which sux cause there are only a few good servers that have atleast 64 players. I just take it as is.

31. Jodiuh

Jodiuh [H]ardness Supreme

Hmmm...I have been playing L4D for most of this year. Perhaps it's time to switch it up a bit. Good servers on the West Coast are...

32. JD03Cobra

JD03Cobra Limp Gawd

Install went smooth...Finally support for the 30" resolution makes this game so much better for me! So much fun now.

33. CRXican

CRXican [H]ard|Gawd

glad I stumbled across this thread

wish I could remember my login

34. Frraksurred

Frraksurred [H]ard|Gawd

[​IMG]

Let's GOOO! I'm ready!!! :p :D ;)

--

Indeed! Did you still have to use the " +szx 2560 +szy 1600" command line, or did the game offer the res? I still had to add the command line, but the FOV had finally been fixed. You can see some of my comparison shots here if you're interested.

35. Jodiuh

That looks like an awkward spot to play w/ a joystick.

36. Frraksurred

Frraksurred [H]ard|Gawd

lol. It is usually in my lap when I'm flying. Though I have thought about something more similar to this:

[​IMG]

...but I'm running out of room as it is.

37. Jodiuh

It looks like your peripherals are holding the desk ransom. I actually sold my momo because I got tired of setting it up. Now I have a convenient under drawer that holds keyboard and mouse. Joystick sits up top for BF2. Nice and neat. But I don't have a command center either. :D

Hey since we have this massive thread w/ all this knowledge, I thought I'd see if any of you remember what lines I need to change my mousewheel to mini map display and zoom in the controls file.

I did find this, so I should be able to get it working again after messing about. But does anyone use this bind and have a cut n paste ready to go!? (if not, I'll post mine once I get it working)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  38. CRXican

CRXican [H]ard|Gawd

So much for the excitement. What a fully-patched POS. Lag just getting to servers and fucking Punkbuster bullshit errors even though it's fully updated. No AV and I turned off Windows firewall.

::edit::

Found solution a few pages back. Thanks. Boy am I rusty!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  39. TheOrangeJuicer

TheOrangeJuicer Gawd

I had no problems installing the patch. I am on Win7 64-bit and didn't have problems installing. Playing the game on the other hand is showing some issues. When the rounds end 3/10 times I get disconnected from the server because apparently I have modified BF2 content. If I had modified BF2 content why could I get into the server in the first place!!? I also can't join half the servers because of a "network connection error." I just assume when I get this message it is because the server is full. Getting kicked after the round is over though is beyond strange. Been too lazy to look it up because it doesn't bother me that bad since I can literally join the server right after I get booted.

40. Jodiuh