• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Beware: Buying While Retarded

Astaroth125 said:
To all the morally ambigous people out there: Stealing from a retail store is not the best idea. Sure, you may not get caught, and may get a brand new video card cheap, but what if you get caught? I see people walking out of my store in handcuffs at least on a weekly basis. The thing about stealing is that if you continue to do it, you WILL eventually get caught. And that new high end video card will end up being a felony charge on your record.

Furthermore, if you want a video card that bad, put in a few hours overtime where you work or mow some lawns and buy it yourself. Better to work 20 hours to pay for the card (and have a feeling of accomplishment), than to spend 6 months in jail paying for it after you stole it. Oh, and try getting a job after you've got a felony charge on your record.

Astaroth
hes right you know....i was a thief....back in the 6th grade i used to steal pokemon cards, im in college now freshman, you do the math, i got caught, nothing happened, but i stopped. This summer i started stealing video games from Best Buy, i would get the box take it to the bathroom, rip it open real quick and take the CD, stick it in my pocket and walk out. Never got caught. Then on july 6th 2005 i was escorted by the police out of Costco for trying to steal a HDD...I have a court date in september. So please, dont be a theif. I have a record now. I am not even 18 yet, will be tommorow, but not yet. YOU WILL GET CAUGHT eventually. Stealing is addictive.
 
fluxion said:
they already have a system like that in place. it's called the "Price System". If the customer is a gamer you recommend the most expensive item, if they are an internet/email person you recommend the most expensive item, so on and so forth.


that's the exact kind of price system that they have....

they just charge you an extra $200 for having the "Geek squad" to install it for you.....
 
Agromahdi123 said:
hes right you know....i was a thief....back in the 6th grade i used to steal pokemon cards, im in college now freshman, you do the math, i got caught, nothing happened, but i stopped. This summer i started stealing video games from Best Buy, i would get the box take it to the bathroom, rip it open real quick and take the CD, stick it in my pocket and walk out. Never got caught. Then on july 6th 2005 i was escorted by the police out of Costco for trying to steal a HDD...I have a court date in september. So please, dont be a theif. I have a record now. I am not even 18 yet, will be tommorow, but not yet. YOU WILL GET CAUGHT eventually. Stealing is addictive.
And of course hanging out at the jail with the biggest bunch of losers you've ever seen or will see in your entire life doesn't make for a fun day. The people you see in jail make the dumbest posters on here look like rocket scientists. Hell, that's motivation enough for most people to try to do right, including me. I can't stand stupid people.

Don't be fooled by movies. Jails smell like stale piss and BO, the inmates are the kinds of people you have to tell not to eat their own shit or they would, or else they're dumbass "tough guys" trying to intimidate you with their brawn. You will be bored off your ass, wishing you were home online.

No, I haven't been in jail, but my brother is a prosecutor in Phoenix, so I've been exposed to it.
 
LOL great thread. i was in PCWorld (in UK) few months ago and i remember a sales guy talkign to a lady about buying a computer and he was saying things like "yes, this will play All the latest games for your son" and it was a celeron or something. i just shuddered.

after reading this thread i really want to go into a store and pretend not to know anything about computers and see what they say. i'd be so unhappy and disappointed if they were being honest though :(
 
I feel bad for some of the customers...this one guy was in...you could tell he knew nothing about computers...and told the employee he was giving his son in highschool a comp for his birthday and that his son loved to game. The employee took him right over to this peice of shit rig that was ridiculously overpriced. He told the guy that it was by far the best choice. The guy said ok and siad he would buy it. The guy then went to look at speakers and I showed the man over to the a64 rigs with good graphics cards and a good price point. Being that I'm 15 the guy didn't really want to take me seriously. After talking to me for afew minutes I had proved to the guy I knew what I was talking about. The customer then went back over to the employee and told him he would like to look at the a64 rigs instead. I'm happy the guy listened to what I had to say. :)
 
Michigan PC said:
I feel bad for some of the customers...this one guy was in...you could tell he knew nothing about computers...and told the employee he was giving his son in highschool a comp for his birthday and that his son loved to game. The employee took him right over to this peice of shit rig that was ridiculously overpriced. He told the guy that it was by far the best choice. The guy said ok and siad he would buy it. The guy then went to look at speakers and I showed the man over to the a64 rigs with good graphics cards and a good price point. Being that I'm 15 the guy didn't really want to take me seriously. After talking to me for afew minutes I had proved to the guy I knew what I was talking about. The customer then went back over to the employee and told him he would like to look at the a64 rigs instead. I'm happy the guy listened to what I had to say. :)

good man :thumbup:

i'm sure his son was 10x happier
 
DNA Doc said:
LOL Naka...


Yeah, the computer business is just waiting to prey on the ignorant.

My dad bought a Duron 750Mhz for $120 about 8 months ago. They said it was "the best money could buy." Salesmen can be real bastards sometimes...

Hey DNA Doc tell your dad I have a celeron 900Mhz I will sell him cheap...only $110...What a bargain! ;)
 
to the kid who did the Vcard swap:

good work! I did that once 3 years ago with my PS2 controller. mine was broken, I bought a new one. I put the broken one in the new ones case and returned it. no one bothered checking. they also didn't notice that i had 10% off and they gave me the entire sum back.
 
Anyone that would do a bait-switch with video cards is scum. Not just as an enthusaist but as a person period.
 
Gillete said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth125
how many people here are knowledgeable enough to tell one video card from another by the PCB design?

Lots.

Please don't quote me out of context. I asked how many people were knowledgeable enough to tell video cards from PCB design AND willing to work for $8 an hour. I'm well aware that many people, including myself, can do it from design, but there is no way in hell I'd work for $8 an hour.

Astaroth
 
Michigan PC said:
I feel bad for some of the customers...this one guy was in...you could tell he knew nothing about computers...and told the employee he was giving his son in highschool a comp for his birthday and that his son loved to game. The employee took him right over to this peice of shit rig that was ridiculously overpriced. He told the guy that it was by far the best choice. The guy said ok and siad he would buy it. The guy then went to look at speakers and I showed the man over to the a64 rigs with good graphics cards and a good price point. Being that I'm 15 the guy didn't really want to take me seriously. After talking to me for afew minutes I had proved to the guy I knew what I was talking about. The customer then went back over to the employee and told him he would like to look at the a64 rigs instead. I'm happy the guy listened to what I had to say. :)


Good job!
 
Michigan PC said:
I feel bad for some of the customers...this one guy was in...you could tell he knew nothing about computers...and told the employee he was giving his son in highschool a comp for his birthday and that his son loved to game. The employee took him right over to this peice of shit rig that was ridiculously overpriced. He told the guy that it was by far the best choice. The guy said ok and siad he would buy it. The guy then went to look at speakers and I showed the man over to the a64 rigs with good graphics cards and a good price point. Being that I'm 15 the guy didn't really want to take me seriously. After talking to me for afew minutes I had proved to the guy I knew what I was talking about. The customer then went back over to the employee and told him he would like to look at the a64 rigs instead. I'm happy the guy listened to what I had to say. :)


:D i have done that and a few times have been asked to leave by the sales guy too LOL
 
Back
Top