Bethesda needs to fire its programers.

CAPPLE

n00b
I remember playing their first elder scroll game. It was great I loved it.. for about 5 hours. Then it never didnt let me continue. I almost always finish games I enjoy. And to this date is is the only game I really liked & did not finish because of program bugs. Only game that managed to stop me playing altogether due to bugs since then was Hellgate. Hellgate
had me reboot my computer every 15 min. Ever since, ive played a few more of bethesda's games and they almost always have been buggy mess. I wonder if Im the only one wondering if Bethesda has never changed its programers during the last I dont know.. 15 years? Fallout 3 is ok especially compared to what they have come up with until now. But
still, remember how Oblivion stuttered like crazy no matter what kind of hardware you had?
Fallout 3 exactly the same. Its not fps issue. Its just very poor programming.
I mean, I love their games but I dont understand why I need to spend hours tweaking a game
thats basically the same program I saw few years ago.

I love their games, but I really can't understand how they can put out such a buggy game. I mean mine honestly isn't that buggy, it just crashes everytime I look into the toy box right in the beginning of the game, never crashed since, only when I tried to go into the help menu.

I wonder if they do beta testing. Maybe its just hard to get it right, considering how many different computers it will be played on. Oblivion was pathed up and worked perfectly after they released patches.

I must say I'm impressed with the amount of crap threads about FallOut 3.
I'm getting the impression most people would rather verbally masturbate then really try to get into a game.
When did the gaming community succumb to become a bunch of whiny little bitches?

If Oblivion stuttered on your machine its your hardware or your OS situation - it played fine and fluid on anyone who had a reasonable PC and set reasonable settings -including mine and all of my friends who played it.

Anyone who wants to fire Bethesda's programmers should try to make an attempt at coding some really crappy worthless POS game with absolutely nothing in it first.
After a year of TRYING, maybe they can start thinking about what the hell it takes to make a semi solid Game Engine and a Mediocre game. Then I suggest they go bow down to the temple of Bethesda programmers.

I remember playing their first elder scroll game. It was great I loved it.. for about 5 hours. Then it never didnt let me continue. I almost always finish games I enjoy. And to this date is is the only game I really liked & did not finish because of program bugs. Only game that managed to stop me playing altogether due to bugs since then was Hellgate. Hellgate
had me reboot my computer every 15 min. Ever since, ive played a few more of bethesda's games and they almost always have been buggy mess. I wonder if Im the only one wondering if Bethesda has never changed its programers during the last I dont know.. 15 years? Fallout 3 is ok especially compared to what they have come up with until now. But
still, remember how Oblivion stuttered like crazy no matter what kind of hardware you had?
I mean, I love their games but I dont understand why I need to spend hours tweaking a game

My copy runs fine

I've never really experienced any earth shattering, game killing bugs from Bethesda.

Then you never fell through the steps of Cloud Ruler Temple when trying to report back to Martin to finish a main quest:p

Luckly that patched that one fast!

I've never really experienced any earth shattering, game killing bugs from Bethesda.

Daggerfall was a bugfest from hell. You could fall through voids inside the dungeons. There were main quest breaking bugs. The original Morrowind retail release had numerous QTD errors before it was patched. Oblivion wasn't that bad as far as bugs go.

It's not the same company it once was. Different ownership. A few of the early people have stayed on, but now it's another huge EA type operation. It makes money but I liked their old games better.

Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon and Oblivion ran just fine for me. I did have to turn off vSync in Oblivion but I dug deep and found the generosity to forgive Bethesda for their folly. ;)

What is your expertise on the subject? It seems to me like you are just speculating. Could it be better optimized? Yea, I'm sure it could. Saying bethesda needs to fire its programmers is kind of childish though.

I did have a few problems with Morrowind, but Oblivion was stable for me.

That said, Fallout 3 crashes a LOT for me.

I must say I'm impressed with the amount of crap threads about FallOut 3.
I'm getting the impression most people would rather verbally masturbate then really try to get into a game.
When did the gaming community succumb to become a bunch of whiny little bitches?

If Oblivion stuttered on your machine its your hardware or your OS situation - it played fine and fluid on anyone who had a reasonable PC and set reasonable settings -including mine and all of my friends who played it.

Anyone who wants to fire Bethesda's programmers should try to make an attempt at coding some really crappy worthless POS game with absolutely nothing in it first.
After a year of TRYING, maybe they can start thinking about what the hell it takes to make a semi solid Game Engine and a Mediocre game. Then I suggest they go bow down to the temple of Bethesda programmers.

Verbally masturbate? How does that work?! :confused:

I play on a mid-range laptop with no stuttering and have experienced only one crash.

They need to hire new animators.

Yeah, I hear it is as bad as Oblivion. Really Bethesda need to set-up a quality animation department and fast. Their animations haven't moved on much since Terminator - Future Shock.

Look moonwalking MJ characters, chamon!

I don't remember that. It played fine for me.

I'm probably going to skip Fallout 3 at least until a patch is available.

Fallout 3 crashed once on me, but that was occured when I swtiched between the game and Windows desktop; which I did kinda often. So one crash in about 6 hours and while I was switching to the desktop isn't bad at all.

Performance wise, I don't have any issues with a Q9450 and a Radeon X1900XT 512MB @ 1920 x1200 resolution with medium graphics quality. Based on a several separate benchmarks for the X1900XT and the GeForce 9600GT in my HTPC, the 9600GT at a minimum seems to at least as powerful as the X1900XT so I should be able to play FO3 on my HDTV (once I buy one).

I have played Morrowind and Oblivion on this PC.

And not experienced any crashes, bugs, clipping or stuttering of any sort.

In terms of Fallout 3, I will be buying a new PC. Not just for F3, though.

Maybe all you people who have issues with the game crashing should buy it instead of trying to play a broken pirated version....

/runs away from the flame bait

hehehe sorry had to :)

I buy for console to avoid most of these performance issues. Having textures a little bit sharper, to me, is not worth potential migranes. So PC can take a back seat with any non-MMO to me. I used to be a total PC fanboy, but enough was enough.

Bethesda needs to fire its programers.

LOL! Then so does just about every other major game developer who's released a PC game within the past 10 years (if this statement is based on the number of bugs in their games at release) except Blizzard.

LOL! Then so does just about every other major game developer who's released a PC game within the past 10 years (if this statement is based on the number of bugs in their games at release) except Blizzard.

Lol blizz lacky.

Fallout 3 is fine, I've only crashed twice.

Are you stating that Blizzard games are bug free?

Hardly. Blizzard's quality is high, but it is absolutely not perfect.

Freelancer is one of the few games that doesn't have a ton of patches for it. IIRC there was one update which is pretty amazing. On the bad side, modding was nearly impossible and really detracted from the game's potential.

Yeah, I hear it is as bad as Oblivion. Really Bethesda need to set-up a quality animation department and fast. Their animations haven't moved on much since Terminator - Future Shock.

Look moonwalking MJ characters, chamon!

I laughed. Thanks. :D I do agree that the character animations in their games is "teh suq" when compared to other recently released games.

That being said, my Xbox 360 copy runs fine. I probably won't touch the PC version for a while.

The only crash I've had was when I exited the game once or twice. I've only has it stutter a few times and sometimes it grinds to a halt for a few seconds when I activate VATS. I'm loving this game though. Runs fine at 1680x1050 4xAA 15xAF all max settings.

Lol blizz lacky.

Fallout 3 is fine, I've only crashed twice.

I know I should have left a smilie or some such to indicate sarcasm. I was simply adding to the absurdity of the thread title. :cool: Got some quick responses though!

I've experienced my share of problems with Blizz and Bethesda games alike.

Aside from the wide-screen FoV issue, Bioshock was probably the least buggy PC game at launch that I played recently.

There's a thread about crashes that will probably help with the bugs:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1360061

Check some of the latest threads.
champagne.gif
ecstatic.gif

Daggerfall was a bugfest from hell. You could fall through voids inside the dungeons. There were main quest breaking bugs. The original Morrowind retail release had numerous QTD errors before it was patched. Oblivion wasn't that bad as far as bugs go.

It's not the same company it once was. Different ownership. A few of the early people have stayed on, but now it's another huge EA type operation. It makes money but I liked their old games better.

I did have a bit of problem with Daggerfall, but it never took away from it being a good game for me. Morrowind I bought GOTY. Oblivion I have on 360 and PC and have never had any problems other then the odd CTD here and there on pc....

I'm not saying that there isn't problems though, I'm sure there is, it's just never been a problem for me. (lucky I guess?)

Maybe the animation limitations are based on the engine they are using, not their actual talent. Although I'm sure it could improve... animations are kind of blah.

Whats with everyone knocking Bethesda? Its a serious case of nerd-rage as Fallout 3 didnt turn out like THEY wanted it to. As far as bugs go, I have never had any problems. Both in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Yesterday I installed Fallout 3, played it for 4 hours non-stop, and had no issues. Everything ran great and it was a blast.

I buy for console to avoid most of these performance issues. Having textures a little bit sharper, to me, is not worth potential migranes. So PC can take a back seat with any non-MMO to me. I used to be a total PC fanboy, but enough was enough.

Then I hope you have x360 becouse PS3 version of F3 is reported to be buggy as hell :)

Well you gotta cut oblivion some slack, that game was absolutely massive.

Daggerfall was a bugfest from hell. You could fall through voids inside the dungeons.
Hell, there were Void Ranger tutorials that turned that bug into an exploit. You could approach any flight of stairs a certain way and get outside the level, fly around to where you wanted to go and re-enter the same way. Which beat the hell out of brute-force maze navigating the incredibly huge baffling randomly generated dungeons.

Yeah I just got Fallout 3 and god damn it I would say 1 out of 4 times vats crahses on me and just stops working and causes a crash.

Same thing with opening a new door to a new area, 1/2 the time it crashes the game

the problem is their AA, they screwed up somewhere with nvidia antialiasing. if you're crashing/lagging in vats or loading areas just turn that off and it will work.

BS. My guess is that you and your friends are all blind. Oblivion has had some stutter on every OS and video card I have played it. Here's the list of video cards I have played it on so far.

7900GT
7950GX2
8800GT

Have installed it to both XP and Vista, same on both. I'm an old school gamer so know how to configure the OS to run games well too. Fallout3 has some stuttering but less than Oblivion because there are no trees and vegetation everywhere you look. Oblivion used SpeedTree technology which is known to not be efficient. Big open world games usually have some stuttering. Gothic3 is a real stuttering mess and Oblivion is really well programmed in comparison to that RPG but it does have stuttering still.

I had FO3 give me one crash so far when exiting the game. Gee, that's the exact same crash I have experienced in Oblivion and still do to this day. It's a rare and random crash but it is still there and should have been fixed long ago. FO3 uses same graphics engine as Oblivion so expect the same issues.

My experience with fallout 3 sofar:

Put disk in

Install game (eat dinner, come back, almost done).

Play game for 4 hours... stutter free, lag free, great FPS, all settings maxed at 1680x1050

Close game - Crash on close but who cares, I click an "ok" box to acknowledge this and all is well.

The only issue I had with the game is that all of the areas load so fast I cant read the loading screen tips and messages! All loading seems to take about 1-3 seconds at most. Not really a complaint, just an annoyance since I will always be curious about what those screens say.

Crash on close, just like Oblivion. Forgot what the solution for that was, but not like it matters. Probably has the same issues with corrupt/bloated saves if you use the quick/auto save function a lot.

Back