Bethesda Confirms that Fallout 76 Won't Launch With Crossplay

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
In June, Bethesda implied that Sony was partially responsible for the lack of cross platform support in Fallout 76. However, after Sony reversed their stance, fans started to wonder if crossplay would come to the game after all. In a tweet, Pete Hines confirmed that Fallout 76 isn't getting cross platform play anytime soon, though he didn't outright deny the possibility either. With a full launch just 7 weeks away, it's possible that the game is too far into development to add the feature in.

Folks, chill. I work with a lot of devs and games for whom this is important going forward. Fallout 76 does not support crossplay, for a number of reasons. I have no idea if it ever will. But I assure you it is not on our radar right now as we focus on B.E.T.A. and Launch

And, what a horrible use of the negative. So, if Crossplay is coded into it, they will not launch it? Or, they will launch it, but only if there is no Crossplay?

"...won't launch with..." is different than, "...will launch without..."

Eats Shoots and Leaves.
Your welcome.
I would of used proper grandma.

Interesting. In an interview Todd Howard confirmed that they already had the infrastructure in place to support crossplay and all it would take was 'flipping a switch' to activate but due to Sony's reluctance it won't be enabled anytime soon.

I searched for the interview which occurred a few days after the reveal but haven't had any luck finding it.

Interesting. In an interview Todd Howard confirmed that they already had the infrastructure in place to support crossplay and all it would take was 'flipping a switch' to activate but due to Sony's reluctance it won't be enabled anytime soon.

I searched for the interview which occurred a few days after the reveal but haven't had any luck finding it.

To be fair this sounds vaguely familiar to me as well. Hopefully someone finds the source.

To be fair this sounds vaguely familiar to me as well. Hopefully someone finds the source.

Boom.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/1/17522794/fallout-76-ps4-xbox-one-cross-platform-play

(original source here but it's in German)

Back