bestbuy "accidentally" didn't process lemon clause

vgi_vinnie

Limp Gawd
I have had my emachines 6805 for 2.6 years (3 in August).

I have brought it in for repairs a total of 4 times. All of which involved the hinge defect, and 2 of the times it involved the LCD's backlight going out. One time the harddrive was replaced as well on one of the service orders.

After the 3rd time they said next time just mention the lemon policy and I would be able to get another laptop. I thought the 3rd time was the magic #, but they said it wasn't.

So the 4th time I made it very clear that this was #4, and I needed them to apply for lemon status. Three weeks later, nothing.

I got my laptop back, fixed again. The guy said they rejected it and I asked to know why.

Apparantly they gave my laptop 2 service #'s or laptop #'s, and each of them had 2 returns on it.

The laptop has been working OK, but not great. Obviously it is starting to show it's age, which is not their fault.

But I really want to take advantage of the warranty (not just because I'd like a new system) but to make up for the 4+ months I have gone without my laptop over the past 2.6 years. One time they kept my laptop for over 7 weeks, in total they have had it for about 17 weeks.

Now I am not looking for help on how to commit fraud, but possible suggestions on how to get the management to help me out if the laptop does not naturally break again between now and August. They admitted they made a big error at the time of not doing the lemon clause, but at the time their attitude was that the laptop would definitely break again before 3 years. People have suggested I just punch the LCD or something along those lines, but I am not looking to do anything shady.

It's no longer used nearly as often as it used to be though, and I seriously doubt it will break on it's own since they actually replaced the LCD unit last time.

Any ideas?

Vinnie

Up front I will say this...I HATE Best Buy...no on to other business.

Technically you have had it sent back 4 times, so if they do not allow or force a lemon clause you can sue. The error of them putting in two difference ID numbers for repairs (BS) is there fault and not the customer (you). Therefore either they correct the problem in there system and allow the clause to pass or you go to higher authority, basically contact General Manager of the store or regional location can help also.

You should not, even if you never use your laptop anymore, be screwed out of a clause because of an error of the store.

Talk to a manager. If both of those numbers refer to *your* laptop, then you can get them to replace it.

It should be linked to the serial number on your laptop. If both claim numbers or whatever have your laptop's serial on it. Then it was obviously serviced that many times.

Talk to the manager. Be calm but firm about it. They have the power to fix it. Easily. If they won't make it right. File a complaint with the BBB and get on Best Buy's website and email someone important. Keep emailing people until someone responds.

You deserve to have your laptop fixed. Remember that when dealing with them.

I agree Tman, and I did speak with a manager at the time.

He basically said it was fixed at that point, and that there was no need to replace anymore.

It's been 4 months since the last incident, I really thought the problem would fix itself by the laptop just breaking again, which it hasn't.

I agree on BB being a lousy retailer, I will never make another major purchase from there. At the time I needed a laptop in under 2 weeks (as I just found out it was a requirement at my school) and I was a big fan of the 64bit AMD, and BB was the only retailer who had it at the time.

My last laptop was purchased from Dell.

you know first off that is what you get for buying emachines.

Now what did bestbuy's service center actually replace. If we did replace anything on one of the trips back to the service center then it doesn't get replaced. If nothing was replaced then it does not fall under the no lemon policy. Also, folks you have to remember that bestbuy is a nationwide retailer and it is not determind by the store that you purchased it from weather or not you get a new one. All, of tyhe replacement/DEVO of a product that was purchased by the customer is determinded by the service center weather we replace the item or not.

Also, Best Buy is not a LOUSY retailer I agree that yes there is some bad stores. But, in every chain of any retailer there are bad stores. Also, you have to remember your additude is also a cause of how you are treated.

in conclusion
folk read your performance service plan packets.

First off, the law states that if it is repaired THREE times, even if no actual part is exchanged or replaced. It still falls under the lemon clause. The only reason it would not, is if they repair/fix it on site and conclude no problem. Yet each time they sent it back or he basically gave up his laptop for a period of time.

~You work for Best Buy, so you can not say here or there if a company is good/bad. It is like me trying to say my business is good (if I owned one) as it is a biased opinion.

It seems he has read over the "service plan" and has tried to be helpful, but he just has had a lemon, just happens.

Now what did bestbuy's service center actually replace. If we did replace anything on one of the trips back to the service center then it doesn't get replaced. If nothing was replaced then it does not fall under the no lemon policy. Also, folks you have to remember that bestbuy is a nationwide retailer and it is not determind by the store that you purchased it from weather or not you get a new one. All, of tyhe replacement/DEVO of a product that was purchased by the customer is determinded by the service center weather we replace the item or not.

Also, Best Buy is not a LOUSY retailer I agree that yes there is some bad stores. But, in every chain of any retailer there are bad stores. Also, you have to remember your additude is also a cause of how you are treated.

in conclusion
folk read your performance service plan packets.

The last time it was sent in the LCD was replaced.

Before that hinges were just replaced, and they reattached the backlight.

Bestbuy seems to stand out more than any other retailer on dissatisfied customers and customer service, not to mention their second website that employees have used to give inaccurate prices.

I am always kind and courteous in person and try to give the benefit of the doubt, but they repeatedly make mistakes when it comes to servicing my laptop. The very last time, the manager agreed it should have been replaced after looking at the history of repairs.

The one time it took 7 weeks to get my laptop back was due to the fact that my laptop sat in the back room for over 20 days because they were out of boxes to mail the laptop back in, or at least that is what I was told.

You have to look at the big picture. It's not one person complaining about one store. Best Buy is one of the most loathed retail tech stores, and for very good reason. You are biased because you work there, and hopefully that's just because you're a student, using BB has a ways to earn some cash until finding something much better.

Actually the 6805 is one of the best machines out for it's time. Everyone I know with laptops with the same casing (gateway/emachines) has had the hinge problems. I had my 6805's crack one time, right before the extended warranty ran out.

While a bit long in the tooth, it serves my wife well for everything she does.

is this best buy or geek squad? I think one of the big wigs at Geek Squad has set up a way to contact him directly through consumerist.com

Vgi vinnie,
Bestbuy seems to stand out more than any other retailer on dissatisfied customers and customer service, not to mention their second website that employees have used to give inaccurate prices.
Ok yes I agree and that is why we have RSS witch I have no idea what stands for.
the manager agreed it should have been replaced after looking at the history of repairs.
I totally agree it should have but that is the service center decision.
Djnes,
You have to look at the big picture.
I think that I’m looking at a bigger picture then some of you guys here.
It's not one person complaining about one store.
O I know I get my fair share of the problem everyday.
Best Buy is one of the most loathed retail tech stores, and for very good reason.
That is because they want to rule the world. My god we put a store in china. China WTF
You are biased because you work there.
Yeah I would agree. I have to be.
and hopefully that's just because you're a student.
Yes I’m still in high school. (now don’t laugh)
using BB has a ways to earn some cash until finding something much better.
Yeah and the money isn’t bad.
Ttype85,
Actually the 6805 is one of the best machines out for it's time.
Spec wise correct. Quality hmm I don’t know
Everyone I know with laptops with the same casing (gateway/emachines) has had the hinge problems.
I know they have all had problems but emachinces/compaq have had far more then HP/gateway/sony/toshiba.

BladeVenom
Best Busy sucks.
That is just like saying lowes or home depot sucks. So where do you go if you need emergency parts at 10 on a Friday or satursday nite when other places are closed or do you wait a we 3 days to get parts from newegg .
and it's not an isolated case or just one store.
I know it isn’t but try a smaller store you get better service and better people always.

Yes, I know I'm biased but look at what i have to say and think hmm.

That's not quite fair. A lot of people have gotten years of use out of their eMachine. I own an eMachine 5312 that has held up admirably since I purchased it in March 2004. It's sturdy and has a decent set of features. The one repair I required since I bought it was a loose video ribbon cable. And Best Buy fixed that.

If emachines are really that crappy, and you are "looking at the big picture", why aren't you having them pulled from the shelves? If Best Buy is truly a great company, why aren't they looking out for their customers? I think the answers to those questions have been given already.

First off, the law states that if it is repaired THREE times, even if no actual part is exchanged or replaced. It still falls under the lemon clause. The only reason it would not, is if they repair/fix it on site and conclude no problem. Yet each time they sent it back or he basically gave up his laptop for a period of time.

~You work for Best Buy, so you can not say here or there if a company is good/bad. It is like me trying to say my business is good (if I owned one) as it is a biased opinion.

It seems he has read over the "service plan" and has tried to be helpful, but he just has had a lemon, just happens.

What is this law called and do you have a link, this would be handy to archive for future reference.

lol, don't even get me started on WorstBuy. I have stories about computer repair horror stories that make yours seem like a walk in the park. I'm even supposedly still banned from even purchasing a computer from there according to their "blacklist". :D

Since you guys will probably want to hear the gist of it, here's a very very short version.

A long time ago I went into BB (Taylor, MI) and purchased a 'family computer' to use for homework and stuff. It was 550mhz P3 emachine, brand new at the time. It worked great for a while, then it wouldn't boot anymore. Took it in for service and they ended up having to replace it after sending it out for service for 3 weeks. They replaced it with a Compaq 1GHz AMD, that worked well for a while, then wouldn't boot anymore one day. Took it in, and they had to replace it. This went on for computer after computer.. some computers they gave me wouldn't even boot when I took them out of the box and plugged them in. Time after time I came back in, then soon they started saying I was breaking the computers on purpose just so I could upgrade it every so often. I had the extended warranties on them and everything. One day the manager (Christian Powers) just exploded on us and threatened to call the cops. So, we called corporate and setup a conference call explaining the issues. We got on a 'secret' 3 way convo with the BB manager and corporate where we were listening in and the manager didn't know. He was swearing up and down the road calling my family all sorts of unimaginable names and saying we were breaking stuff on purpose.. After this went on he hung up on corporate, and corporate sided with us. They ended up firing Christian Powers from BB in the next few weeks from similar complaints. In the meantime, we were told we got blacklisted and are never allowed to buy a computer from Best Buy again. Compaq ended up siding with us and gave us a free top of the line computer (3 years ago) which still works to this day. I use it for my Cisco console server. =) But, I don't know if the ban on me buying a computer from BB is still in effect.. I just build my own computers now. Countless hours were spent in the return lines and tech bench, and on the phone with managers and corporate. During the one year with all the computer returns (probably 2 dozen or so) I spent my WHOLE Christmas break in the freaking return line.

w1re...the laws of probability say that something like what happened to you has to happen to someone. I'm glad you got some justice out of it.

Well, I'm having the same bad luck with cell phones and VOIP routers right now too.. maybe I have a ghost in my house or a mini bermuda triangle in my room. lol.

I work at BB myself and the biggest issue I see with customers is that they just expect so much. I work for the Geek Squad myself and we send out the items for repair or no lemon. From what I can tell your item has had some parts replaced or fixed which qualify. However if the service order sheet does not specifically list the past 3 service order numbers AND a request for no lemon they will just fix it. It's your job to read over the sevice order sheet. I always have my customers initial 4 spots on the service order sheet and tell them to verify with what it says.

So this may have been an Agents fault. I do not know. If you're still willing I would probably head back and tell them the situation. You could still get the no lemon processed.

But it's not our decision to authorize a no lemon we only request it. The service center decides in the end.

The reason nobody complains nearly as much about some other retailer as they do about Best Buy is because we handle so many more returns, exchanged, service items, etc than any other place out there. So no wonder we have more complains than that local store you visit that considers 100 people entering the store that day was "busy". Basic math if you ask me.
----
As for an answer about why BB sells E-machines. The answer to that is actually quite simple. The biggest factor is the price. Sure there are some folks who can actually read the system specs and they know if the price is right or not but... 90% of the folks that go to BB to buy a computer are looking for the absolute cheapest thing out there. A third of the PC's we do new setups on are the low end E-Machines. For $300 I'm not sure what you expect to get. They barely run Vista let alone any additional applications. The fact of the matter is that BestBuy IS looking out for their customers however all we can do is recommend that better Gateway or HP we cannot force you to pay more for a better computer. It's up to the customer not us. Half the time customers just think we're trying to lowball them when we try to go from a $300 computer to one thats $650. They cant tell the difference but to anyone who knows anything about PC's the jump is quite significant performance wise. I mean the difference is a Celeron D with Vista Basic and 512MB of ram and something like a 120GB HDD to a Core 2 Duo E6300, Vista Home Premium, 1GB or more of ram, and a bigger HD. But hey like I said customers come in looking to get the cheapest thing out there and there's not much we can do aside persuading them.
-----
As for managers. Personally they are the nicest people out there. What would you do in a situation where a customer is trash talking you because you won't give them credit for a new computer when their old one is out of warranty and busted up. Seriously some customers expect managers to just hand out money. I'm sorry but that is just plain selfish and greedy.
----
Like walwaka said read up before you purchase. If you cannot tell the difference between the extended warranty packet and the return warranty than you aren't doing your part. I cant stress how many times customers tell us they have the return policy when it clearly says they do not.
---
Just to close off PLEASE I AM begging you all!!!! Stop breaking your mp3 players LCD screens. I just pains me to tell a customer that the service center wont fix any problems with your mp3 player when the LCD is cracked or broken.!!!!
---

I work at BB myself and the biggest issue I see with customers is that they just expect so much. ---

While I respect your opinion...I will tell you to get bent if a working product is "expecting too much".

In, the case of w1re...I’d be willing to bet a few founding fathers that they kept giving him "returned" or "repaired" machines as replacements. That is pretty standard procedure. What you see at the store front for tech and what happens at repair centers are two totally different operating budgets. Your job to take in money....the repair center’s job is to lose as little as they can.

I don't care if your manager is the "nicest person on earth", they still have no right to lose their cool with a customer...EVER. They represent the company. It doesn’t matter if I told the manager that he was the son of a camel and his mother smelled of elderberries…he doesn’t get to yell back. That is the rules of getting paid and “taking care of our customers”.

If BB was "taking care of their customer", they would explain the differences in the warranties to them. It is not the customer’s job to figure out ambiguous policies if "the company is "taking care of their customers". You can’t say “we take care of you” and “figure out yourself” in the same breath IMO.

You are correct though…some customers are complete jackasses and ignorant idiots. But when a company starts confusing jackasses/idiots with customers that expect working products…well, Huston…we have a problem.

Goran, I agree with a lot of what you said. I am also sure there are many good, kind and hardworking individuals working at Bestbuys across the US. It would be ignorant to assume everyone who worked there was incompitent.

With that being said My service order did say lemon policy, and 4th return in the comments. I was never told they could not find all of the previous service orders that I mentioned.

At this point I think it's too late go to back in and try to get it, but I will try. If that's not the case I will have to see if the laptop holds up for another 4 months.

Actually the 6805 is one of the best machines out for it's time. Everyone I know with laptops with the same casing (gateway/emachines) has had the hinge problems. I had my 6805's crack one time, right before the extended warranty ran out.

While a bit long in the tooth, it serves my wife well for everything she does.
QFT. After I upped the RAM to 1.25GB and swapped in a 60GB 7200rpm Travelstar, I doubt I'll be buying another laptop in a long while.

I’d be willing to bet a few founding fathers that they kept giving him "returned" or "repaired" machines as replacements. That is pretty standard procedure. What you see at the store front for tech and what happens at repair centers are two totally different operating budgets. Your job to take in money....the repair center’s job is to lose as little as they can.
I'm not sure if you're aware of how this policy works but it definitely does not involve the service center giving you a new "refurb" item or something like that. Your computer comes back from service the same as it was sent out. They dont ship you a new computer. Even for a no lemon exchange. For that they just approve the no lemon and we give in store credit. So no matter how you look at it the customer is not getting some used machine... I have no idea where this is "standard procedure" but it does not work like you said it does. And don't you think customers would realize their data is missing every time a their computer got sent out? Thats why their computer comes back with their data exactly where it was left (unless the HD got replaced but as I said before they don't replace any parts without leaving it in the notes)

I don't care if your manager is the "nicest person on earth", they still have no right to lose their cool with a customer...EVER. They represent the company. It doesn’t matter if I told the manager that he was the son of a camel and his mother smelled of elderberries…he doesn’t get to yell back. That is the rules of getting paid and “taking care of our customers”.
Your right the manager cant touch you. However if you were to say something like that to any manager at any retail store you would be escorted out by the cops. I guess you can have your five minutes of fame while every customer looks at you in disgust. I have never seen a manager lose a cool with a customer in my time working retail. I personally just tell the customer I cant help them out any more until they settle down. If it continues I can freely walk away. However an mod wont hesitate to kick out an unruly customer by calling the cops. Thats standard procedure.

If BB was "taking care of their customer", they would explain the differences in the warranties to them. It is not the customer’s job to figure out ambiguous policies if "the company is "taking care of their customers". You can’t say “we take care of you” and “figure out yourself” in the same breath IMO.
Every salesmen I know mentions to some extent what the warranty covers and what it does not cover. However the information is also give to you. At least they mention it!! Tell me how many times a voice in the World of WarCraft started reading out loud the TOS/EULA... And tell me that people actually read it. because they don't. Very few people actually read the TOS let alone patch notes... I understand your working with a real person but hey if you were buying a used car would you believe everything that salesmen said? If thats how you live life then your setting yourself up in the long run. And when it hits you you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

I'm not here to say Best Buy is the best. I'm just trying to clarify some things.

bb should hold up their end of the contract ... u can't trust that store ...

If the laptop is nearing the end of the warraty....simply unplug a cable somewhere. In independent tests Best Buy Geek Squad was unable to correctly diagnose an unplugged harddrive :p They said the computer needed a new power supply :D

Dumbass question here, Do you have the paper work from each time you took the laptop in and had some hardware replaced? If so, it should be pretty easy to prove that you qualify for the Lemon replacement, as long as that is in the warrenty contract.

While I respect your opinion...I will tell you to get bent if a working product is "expecting too much".

There's more than expecting a working product, which in the 3 years of working at Best Buy, I have never sold a non-working product knowingly - only once has a product not worked out of the box and that was not Best Buy's fault.

Over the past 3 years, I've dealt with alot of prickish customers. About one ever week (and for a guy who only works 15 hours a week, that's still too many). Why do they get mad?

-Customers expect us to price match with online retailers, when we say we don't, so accept it and buy from us anyways. Others get pissed and take it out on employees and/or managers. Sorry folks, there's nothing I can do about that, it's company policy.

-Customers expect to be helped right away. Though I agree they should be helped right away, often times there are more customers than employees. So we go by what is effectively a queue system. Some customers ask for help though there were two or three customers before them. We calmly tell them that fact. Again, some accept it and wait the time out by looking around. Others get pissed. Again, sorry folks, someone else was here first, but we'll get to you.

-Customers expect the service plan to do everything. I mean for god's sakes people, it covers you for just about everything. The only thing we won't take care of is your own god damn stupidity. And yes, it's obvious that your TV broke because it fell down a flight of stairs. Yes, it's obvious that your laptop stopped working because of the huge crack in the screen with a hole right in the middle that seems around the same size as a hammer head...Though isolated instances (and yes, these are true stories), these people tell their friends, who tell their friends, who tell their friends about why the service plan sucks because of that.

-Customers hate paying for installation. I would too, I hate paying for things. But theres a damn good reason why we offer it, it's not because we want to take every dollar away from you. Its because some of you know jack crap about how to hook this stuff up. That's fine, alot of people can't do it, it's not really a necessary skill. But just because you don't want to pay, don't come back to us when you break the back of your tv when you tried shoving the DVI connector into the VGA port, the S-Video connector onto a composite port. And no, your laptop's wifi card does not go into the CableCARD slot. Again, true story. Fortunately for this guy, we replaced his tv.

-Customers hate it when we give them attitude. Are you kidding me? Read the above points and tell me that your work day wouldn't suck. Sorry for giving you an attitude, but it goes both ways. We're people too, not second-class citizens.

EDIT: and to the OP, take any papers that you have back to the store along with your laptop. prove to them that you qualify for the lemon replacement, which btw if it isn't clear yet, you do...

...if that doesn't work, where do you live? If it's in the Maryland area, I can see what I could do for you but it should be replaced because 2 + 2 = 4, and last time i checked, 4 > 3

EDIT: and to the OP, take any papers that you have back to the store along with your laptop. prove to them that you qualify for the lemon replacement, which btw if it isn't clear yet, you do...

...if that doesn't work, where do you live? If it's in the Maryland area, I can see what I could do for you but it should be replaced because 2 + 2 = 4, and last time i checked, 4 > 3

I do have the paperwork, and BB admitted the error. But basically what they are telling me is that once again I have a working laptop, and they see no point in giving me a new laptop to replace a working one.

I am gonna go back in and try to talk to the manager again, but I like I said it has been months. I just see no way I can go in there and try to get a new laptop without looking greedy since my laptop is working again.

I live in NJ, so no luck there ;)

In, the case of w1re...I’d be willing to bet a few founding fathers that they kept giving him "returned" or "repaired" machines as replacements. That is pretty standard procedure. What you see at the store front for tech and what happens at repair centers are two totally different operating budgets. Your job to take in money....the repair center’s job is to lose as little as they can.

You are correct though…some customers are complete jackasses and ignorant idiots. But when a company starts confusing jackasses/idiots with customers that expect working products…well, Huston…we have a problem.

As for your other points

-Standard Procedure, eh? Not likely. When I worked for Geek Squad, only twice did I send a PC to a repair center. In one, the processor fried, in the other, the motherboard broke. In both cases they were fixed, no 'returned' machines were sent back and the only 'repaired' pc was the one that needed repairing. Every other PC I fixed myself, in the store. Nine times out of ten infront of the customer too.

-Nor do you to be honest. Like I said, we're people. If you call my manager the son of a camel and that his mother smelled of elderberries (and way to fuck the line up, it's 'your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries')...well...I don't know what he would say. But at least with the managers in my store, if you yell at them, they'll still talk to you politely. Only once have I seen a manager raise his voice - and that was when a customer punched him (broke the manager's jaw too). Let me repeat that for you. On the record. In my store, I have NEVER once seen a manager yell at a customer (besides the guy who punched), nor have I heard stories of a manager yelling at customers (and word of that travels quickly).

-I do. We do. I don't know anyone in my store who does. I've never used the term 'figure out yourself' with a customer unless I was joking with them. Every time I've said it, they've laughed. Before we sell the PSP, we make sure the customer knows exactly what it covers.

-Yep some are. Some are more than you'll ever know. I've dealt with such huge jackasses that I wouldn't even wish them upon my enemies. But I've never once confused a customer, making them think that the PSP covers something it actually doesn't, making them think a TV does something it does not. And like I said, every customer I've dealt with has received a working product. Oh, and from a guy who was born in Texas, it's spelled 'Houston';)

I do have the paperwork, and BB admitted the error. But basically what they are telling me is that once again I have a working laptop, and they see no point in giving me a new laptop to replace a working one.

I am gonna go back in and try to talk to the manager again, but I like I said it has been months. I just see no way I can go in there and try to get a new laptop without looking greedy since my laptop is working again.

I live in NJ, so no luck there ;)

NJ huh? Yeah, sorry I can't help there, but I'll ask around Geek Squad here if anyone knows anyone up there (they normally train with people from PA/NJ/DE)

I personally think you're entitled to a new laptop. Yeah its working, but rules are rules. Have you tried talking to the Computer area manager?

I had this same thing happen to me with a Compaq I bought from there many years ago. Four repairs, they refused to replace with the same serial number BS. This was before the dept there was even called "Geek Squad." I am also from NJ, btw.

About a week or two down the road while I was researching what to do, my girlfriend dropped it on it's side with a wireless PCMCIA card in it. The system was impaled by the card, and it knocked various pieces off the motherboard. It was quite done then so I was never able to pursue it further, I just bought a Dell 700M.

I avoid best buy as much as I can. The employees are usually no better than fry's and geek squad is an in person helpline with bad clothing and even worse technical knowledge. A friend of mine used to work there and had motherboard problem with is laptop. When he got it back two weeks later it was a refurb with his hard drive. The GS guy tried telling him it was the same one. If it was the same one then why did this one have less ram and a different windows key?

If a BB employee gets this treatment, what do you think the rest of us get?

I hate to say it, but for all you who bash best buy your probably those people that cuss out our managers or throw shit fits in the store because you in fact are the moron. Every receipt has the return policy on it, so read it next time before you act like a 5 year old in a retail store.
Anyway back to the original problem. I would say if you go to the GM of the store and they don't consider your laptop a lemon then just go home and break the screen. Sounds shaddy but its probably the only way your gonna get it exchanged out. In some BB they just dont want to take exchanges on laptop service plans because it hurts their numbers lol. Sounds stupid but its true. If its a mess up on the geek squads part for making 2 service numbers then they should have all your service stuff on file that will show what all occured on the laptop. OR if you have the the service papers you could use those too. Either way I dont see why they wouldnt exchange it out because based on what you've said it defenatly falls in the lemon policy.

ALSO MAKE SURE IF YOU BREAK THE SCREEN THAT YOU HAVE THE ADH SERVICE PLAN OR YOUR SHIT OUTA LUCK.

I hate to say it, but for all you who bash best buy your probably those people that cuss out our managers or throw shit fits in the store because you in fact are the moron. Every receipt has the return policy on it, so read it next time before you act like a 5 year old in a retail store.

lol, you do sound like the typical Best Buy employee/manager. What do they have, a training camp for you guys that tells you how to put the blame on the customer?

I'm well acquainted with BB's return policies and warranties. Never thrown a fit, never raised my voice. Sometimes you just get a shit product and there is no way out but to deal with the rude managers and customer service who puts the blame on the customer.

lol, you do sound like the typical Best Buy employee/manager. What do they have, a training camp for you guys that tells you how to put the blame on the customer?

I'm well acquainted with BB's return policies and warranties. Never thrown a fit, never raised my voice. Sometimes you just get a shit product and there is no way out but to deal with the rude managers and customer service who puts the blame on the customer.

WOW... We sound like this because Best Buy isn't a bad company. We would be foolish not to protect the place that supplies us the money. That is like biting the hand that feeds you!!! Dumb.

Update:
I spoke with a manger, and he said that only 2 of the repairs counted. He said one of the repairs was just changing the faceplate on the disc drive, but that is untrue. They also fixed the backlight on it that time.

I am gonna go see if I still ahve all of the paperwork (I know I have the actual warranty) to see if I can prove it.

I really don't want to intentionally break my laptop and risk fraud, and being stuck with a broken laptop.

NO if you would have read what I wrote I didnt blame the so called customer for anything. Im just saying dont act like a dumbass cuz you didnt get your way.Also much like this case here READ BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH and complain about shit cause much like you, you cant interpret modern english.

Back